The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

13 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

@NightmareOnElmStreet..to make this quick - was the original plasti wrapping with the pull-tab still around the box when you bought it?

If yes you don't need to worry the thing has been tampered with after it left Apple's factory.

Definitely no wrapping or pull tabs. Shit is used from 2017/18. I am slightly less worried about the same worries from the initial posting. Been a couple weeks. Nothing I can see thus far has me thinking im being hacked. But then again I guess I won't know that for a while. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@SMdoubleXL

First off. Let me just take this opportunity to personally thank you for coming out here just discussing shit. You are doing it right. 

giphy.gif

My male perspective is as follows. @glorydayssaid it properly first. Since it is in fact 2020, we gotta cut the fat first with "was he ok with it?" LOL. No but seriously, that's what it is these days, right? Consent and feelings and all that shit. Anyways, I don't see any reason to think about this shit passed if you were fine and he was fine and you couldn't even tell anyways. Good on you taking part in a collective conquest dudes have taken all the credit for since the beginning of virginity awareness. I can't say I chased that shit but I was pretty happy to find out I got one post high school lol. I find it weird this person didn't disclose said information for a decade?? I guess dudes are a little more self conscious about still being a virgin nerd and would rather not be upfront because well the whole masculine pride thing?? Idk. Nothing wrong with stacking v-cards if that's your thing you know. Keep on clocking, fam! 

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

5 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

@SMdoubleXL

First off. Let me just take this opportunity to personally thank you for coming out here just discussing shit. You are doing it right. 

giphy.gif

My male perspective is as follows. @glorydayssaid it properly first. Since it is in fact 2020, we gotta cut the fat first with "was he ok with it?" LOL. No but seriously, that's what it is these days, right? Consent and feelings and all that shit. Anyways, I don't see any reason to think about this shit passed if you were fine and he was fine and you couldn't even tell anyways. Good on you taking part in a collective conquest dudes have taken all the credit for since the beginning of virginity awareness. I can't say I chased that shit but I was pretty happy to find out I got one post high school lol. I find it weird this person didn't disclose said information for a decade?? I guess dudes are a little more self conscious about still being a virgin nerd and would rather not be upfront because well the whole masculine pride thing?? Idk. Nothing wrong with stacking v-cards if that's your thing you know. Keep on clocking, fam! 

bro....consent always and i agree

they will destroy you for that shit

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, glorydays said:

bro....consent always and i agree

they will destroy you for that shit

There is no more chill. I think about this shit a lot. Applied to far more than just sex stuff. Not that I think being rapey is chill either. There it is right there. Fuckin auto correcting yourself into not saying some sideways shit lol. 

• Truth 2

1 minute ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

There is no more chill. I think about this shit a lot. Applied to far more than just sex stuff. Not that I think being rapey is chill either. There it is right there. Fuckin auto correcting yourself into not saying some sideways shit lol. 

the fear has changed me...I'm not saying it's bad to be a good person LOL

but there is a cloud over your head...what did RZA say, "protect yourself always"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

What if you are the only one ever? You should find that out too!

Oh I know I’m not. I trust what I know from him 

but would that explain the fucking gifts and flowers every valentines day ? Sand we haven’t lived in the same state for about 7-8 years. (I know that’s not the reason for flowers on v day) 

Edited by SMdoubleXL
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, glorydays said:

the fear has changed me...I'm not saying it's bad to be a good person LOL

but there is a cloud over your head...what did RZA say, "protect yourself always"

It's dead ass changed EVERYBODY. Emphasis on changed though because that part only applies to a certain era and the ones before. Young people. Kids like gen z or whatever are born thinking about this type of shit I feel. It's a good thing at the end of the day but I don't like how it invades everything else that shouldn't be so unchill. 

Hey, @mr.yuck I'm post poaching these days. I poked around the internet for those statistics about people gone missing from the ACT (Appalachian Trail). Couldn't really find a damn thing but individual cases and more generalized numbers across the state parks of our country. Nothing really specific to the ACT. There has to be numbers somewhere. But I did stumble upon this documentary I now want to watch. 

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet
  • Like 1
  • Props 1

42 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Also..... @smdoublexl if a dude is sending you valentines day shit after banging a few times nearly a decade ago I can't imagine it would be terribly hard getting a long distance booty call. It's kinda just weird this mans hasn't already been visiting.....Unless I missed something in your storyline. 

I think there's an important piece of info she isnt sharing with the class.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

9 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I’ve mentioned this with a fellow oontzer recently but I just want a lil more male input. I’ve learned in the recent past that the first time a certain guy and I had relations was actually HIS first time ever. This was round about a decade or so ago. We’re still very much In touch but when it comes up I feel like such a fuckin creep.  And it’s not the first time it’s happened to me. Like I feel Like a creep. Both times I found out a long while after. How do you guys live with yourself?!?!? Hahaha. Just goin in aimin to be the first. I feel like a real pos finding out later haha. 

I can give you some male input har har.  Honestly not clear on what you're asking, you feel bad you were his 1st and are asking how to deal w/ related guilt?  But wait, there's more you added after that adds to this, so as someone said, what's still left unsaid here?  My immediate thought upon reading your 1st post is how could you not know you had sex w/ virgin guys, from the perspective that when you're a virgin you're not exactly known for stamina or knowing how to fuck?  If they made it past 30 seconds without busting their nut they may not have been virgins.  Unclear what's causing feelings around this.

From your addition I'd say caution, potential red flags.  This person has kept in touch w/ you, is this a mutual exchange of contacts or is it every V day you get cards/flowers but you otherwise never hear from him?  Do you respond to his contacts? Do you initiate any or is it one sided?  What is your attraction to this person- because you were 1st?  Because he has pursued you?

If I only looked at your 1st post I'd say it reads like you took a dude's cherry and a little piece of his heart and he has pined for you ever since.  From a female perspective perhaps that's romantic.  If it was a dude telling that story about a girl I imagine the stereotypical male would not share that sentiment.  However, there does apear to be more to this story.... perhaps you have some feelings involved too?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

It's kinda just weird this mans hasn't already been visiting.....Unless I missed something in your storyline. 

When he came back to Vegas he would always at least try to stop in and say whattup 

and in Pittsburgh he and a friend came and stayed with us (see below) a few nights and visited another time. They even all went painting together. 

it’s only awkward if you make it awkward 

8 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I think there's an important piece of info she isnt sharing with the class.

oh yeah I’ve had someone in my life for a few years. We have a different type of relationship or whatever you call it. It’s an easy concept it’s just people have a hard time believing it’s actually like that. 

38 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

I can give you some male input har har.  Honestly not clear on what you're asking, you feel bad you were his 1st and are asking how to deal w/ related guilt?  But wait, there's more you added after that adds to this, so as someone said, what's still left unsaid here?  My immediate thought upon reading your 1st post is how could you not know you had sex w/ virgin guys, from the perspective that when you're a virgin you're not exactly known for stamina or knowing how to fuck?  If they made it past 30 seconds without busting their nut they may not have been virgins.  Unclear what's causing feelings around this.

From your addition I'd say caution, potential red flags.  This person has kept in touch w/ you, is this a mutual exchange of contacts or is it every V day you get cards/flowers but you otherwise never hear from him?  Do you respond to his contacts? Do you initiate any or is it one sided?  What is your attraction to this person- because you were 1st?  Because he has pursued you?

If I only looked at your 1st post I'd say it reads like you took a dude's cherry and a little piece of his heart and he has pined for you ever since.  From a female perspective perhaps that's romantic.  If it was a dude telling that story about a girl I imagine the stereotypical male would not share that sentiment.  However, there does apear to be more to this story.... perhaps you have some feelings involved too?

I’m askin-men don’t feel creepy knowing they pulled the V card?  It’s not guilt I’ve held onto all these years it was just brought up again recently. 

He’s not afraid to tell me about his on and off again “crush” on me  But also lives his own life. Was in a serious relationship a while back-he even proposed and all that. Sounds trite but we have always been cool even without physical relations (which has been yeeeaaars) 

I just think I’m ready for somethin different than how I’ve dealt with men in the past. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

When he came back to Vegas he would always at least try to stop in and say whattup 

and in Pittsburgh he and a friend came and stayed with us (see below) a few nights and visited another time. They even all went painting together. 
it’s only awkward if you make it awkward 
oh yeah I’ve had someone in my life for a few years. We have a different type of relationship or whatever you call it. It’s an easy concept it’s just people have a hard time believing it’s actually like that. 

I’m askin-men don’t feel creepy knowing they pulled the V card?  It’s not guilt I’ve held onto all these years it was just brought up again recently. 
He’s not afraid to tell me about his on and off again “crush” on me  But also lives his own life. Was in a serious relationship a while back-he even proposed and all that. Sounds trite but we have always been cool even without physical relations (which has been yeeeaaars) 

I just think I’m ready for somethin different than how I’ve dealt with men in the past. 

If I go back to your original post I'd say people are too hung up about sex and I don't find anything creepy or unusual in what you did, especially unknowingly.  It's not like you fucked him and then found out he was your cousin.  I'd reserve the creep factor more for people who want someone's virginity as a matter of conquest,  collection, or control.  Or the ultra creepy chomo types who feel they need to feed off virgin pussy to feel youthful or alive or whatever.

Don't want to assume or read too far into this but are you trying to resolve a conflict between feeling creepy as his 1st and being ready for something different, possibly w/ him?

• Like 1

***Update*** @mr.yuckdo not watch. Documentary was total trash. If you did decide to give it a look there is only one section that actually fascinated the shit out of me and left me thinking about it into today. Some hunters in the 70’s captured some audio via night vision video of some crazy ass shit and when they play it during the doc it had me fucked up. Creepiest shit I’ve seen in a long time. It’s basically audio of some not human or any known animals talking to each other. They allegedly passed the footage off to scientists who determined it was definitely a unknown species and based on the loudness and distance from the camp it had to be enormous. If I knew how to crop edit a movie and post I would.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Don't want to assume or read too far into this but are you trying to resolve a conflict between feeling creepy as his 1st and being ready for something different, possibly w/ him?

I’ll go backwards for some sex but I don’t think going backwards for any type of relationship is good.   
I just had an epiphany the other day that I feel like it’s time for someone to adore me.  Sounds like some teen ager type goals haha. 

I wish I could take a piece of some men I have interacted with and form one whole man. At the beginning of this year I received the best mental head, from someone I’ve never physically met,and realized that that trumps everything  else. Time to stop playin with boys. 

sorry. I rambled. Carry on. 

• Like 1

Having someone adore you is only worthwhile if it is mutual. 

My desktop computer has mysteriously stopped working, should I find some Nigerians running a PC repair operation or try to fix it myself? 

I have always had one buddy or another to handle my computer, now I have none, this one is about seven years old. 

On 5/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, mr.yuck said:

@NightmareOnElmStreetwhoa. Thats mega creepy. I'll take your word its trash. I'll check it out for the creep factor. About how far into the documentary is it?

Man, that one part is definitely worth the five minutes. I’ll pull it back up on the fire stick after I’m fuckin finished with day 2 of crawling around on my hands and knees. Deck yesterday....Whole house of baseboards today. Learning curve number 1000. Try and plan the fuck days more spread apart 🤣

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I was off for six weeks and have been back since the first of the month.

I put the difference on a credit card instead of  dipping into savings, now I have a small balance that will get paid down pretty quickly in part because of all the travel plans and activities that I cancelled because of the pandemic. No spring break visitors from Canada, no Terence Blanchard in Detroit in march, no Orchestra,  no trip to Philadelphia for Memorial day, no trip to Ottawa for my  brother in laws funeral, no hosting family in June, no piano competition, no Cleveland Jazz festival, no Detroit Jazz Festival, no quick trip back to Seattle around Seafair and that only brings me through Labor Day. I expect that we will continue to live a fairly frugal lifestyle in terms of expenses "out" for quite some time.  There was a short uptick of expenses "in", buying a new freezer and some new cookware for example, along with some "lounge" clothing but that is pretty much over.

I have a little more than a year on my current contract, but after that who knows.  I am trying to improve my skill set in order to better my chances for the next one. I have been working on infrastructure projects generally for the past decade or so. Municipalities are going to be taking a hard look at their bottom line and postponing or canceling works due to funding. The current federal administration is opposed on principal to environmental works and the EPA has been letting cities rewrite timelines on clean water that have been in place for decades. Already some of the contracts I was looking at as potential next jobs have been taken off the books, which is a shame because it is not like they are going to be any cheaper down the road. Even if there are advances in technology the price of everything goes up and the skilled workforce ages out etc. I am no expert but I think that a sequential approach is far better with only short delays between contracts.

I think you are on to a good idea to be starting a company, even if you are not making money there is always work to be done when you are running operations and the payback can be very rewarding. I started a company during the financial crisis but abandoned it when offered a job in my traditional field. Looking back I sometimes wonder if I should have kept at it, I may very well have had more success, but, when you are hungry decisions are often made by elimination. 

From observation it almost seems like whether or not the business succeeds is almost irrelevant if it keeps you in the game and you start another one after, then you are like a business person and eventually you find something that clicks and you start to generate wealth.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

Who knows anything indeed, I sure as shit would not want to be trying to start a business again. I have, hopefully, reached a place in my industry that I can maintain.

To circle back around to my computer problems, the box turns on but does not drum, the two fans in the front do not turn on. I am leaning toward bringing it to a computer repair shop, now I just need to figure out which one.  I wonder if they will be all backed up coming out of the shutdown or if they are slow. 

Same boat, got as far as setting up a Fed tax ID, business bank account/credit cards, website, etc. Only useful to launder crypto money, and evade taxes and nothing else. Looking back I should have just kept everything 100% illegal.

• Like 1
  • Props 1