Current View

delv

17 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

But here's the problem @Kults- we're Texan, we're not really made for the cold.  You should see what happens when the smallest amount of ice gets on the streets, the whole city shuts down, school's canceled, people wrecking their cars all over the place because they suck at driving even when the conditions are perfect for it.

I get it. Im not made for the heat. I just break down.

We're admittedly better at driving in snow than most but people in general are just shit drivers. We get a couple of inches and its the apocalypse out there

Front traction and 6 speed manual. It helps. If i'm sliding I upshift and give myself more traction. Same goes for stopping, downshift and use engine pressure to break ahead of time

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I recently slid the back end of my truck downshifting into 3rd on the wet road.  Lesson learned, don't downshift the truck because it's rear end is light.  I didn't fuck anything up, but it was a pucker moment.  I typically am a big advocate of compression braking to scrub speed, but there's a place for it.  Another example of something I learned recently that is against compression braking is..... don't compression brake a 2-stroke dirt bike.  The fuel has the oil/lubricant in it, when you compression brake you're giving no fuel to the engine so you're just causing increased cylinder wear.

• Truth 1