Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Believe it or not, camping wins in MW2 for whatever reason. But once you figure out the spots likely for there to be a camper, it will happen less - I'm still learning the maps.

It's kind of hard to get a shot on someone in the wide open when two of their teammates are mowing you down.

But like Earthworm and Mero were preaching in the LIVE thread, it's about the stick and move.

Believe it or not, camping wins in MW2 for whatever reason.

the reason (imo) is the map design. maps like favela, rundown, karachi, all have way too many secret little windows and hiding places, and it causes players to be tempted to hide in said spots to hope to get an advantage. Favela was obviously intended to be a cqb map (imo) but no one plays it like a cqb map because they are too concerned with camping on the rooftops and in the windows. i dont think theres anything wrong with that SOMETIMES, but when there is a potential camper 360 degrees in any direction, then something is wrong with the map... u cant cover everywhere at once... rant over

Assassin's Creed 2 out today!

I might get it tonight.

Been playing it for the past week or so. I'm digging it. Looks like they learned from their mistakes in the first one and added more variety. So far.

Anyone planning on playing the second, i recommend playing it until you first enter the Animus and enter Renaissance Italy, then watch the live action short movie Assassin's Creed Lineage:

Then continue the game. It helps set the story. :)

Been playing it for the past week or so. I'm digging it. Looks like they learned from their mistakes in the first one and added more variety. So far.

Anyone planning on playing the second, i recommend playing it until you first enter the Animus and enter Renaissance Italy, then watch the live action short movie Assassin's Creed Lineage:

Then continue the game. It helps set the story. :)

thanks! I do believe you can get it from the pause menu, if not the main menu.

i started playing last night.

i haven't really been a victim of camping yet, and i think though karachi and favela offer many vantage points for camping out, one can still be vulnerable to any player who knows where to scan.

btw, i NEVER use sniper guns, though i may try when i run out of other challenges. "Longshot" all day!

i do hope they bring back strike, overgrown, crash, and pipeline.

mindvapors, are there view points that Ezio can't climb to just yet, or am i retarded? i couldn't climb to the top of what seems to me is the highest tower in Florence. And why is da Vinci's homosexuality so important?

oh yeah, i have been a victim of camping in that sometimes games like Sabotage get ruined by people who care too much about their death/kill ratio.

"WHY DO WE PLAY? WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"

i wont sit in a spot for more than 2-3 kills, but i will post up for a minute or 2, get a UAV or drop and move on to a new spot, get a kill or 2, and repeat. but if im defending a bomb or something i will just post up and just pick em off as they run at it, when bombs and shit are planted dudes panic real easy and forget about a little tactic called flanking.

that rundown map can be a HUGE pain in the ass if your playing anything but deathmatch, cause dudes just camp and stare at the bridges and you hardly have a way of crossing without getting picked off. you gotta jump into that little river and break for one of the 2 stairs and hope theres not someone sitting there either.

oh yeah, i have been a victim of camping in that sometimes games like Sabotage get ruined by people who care too much about their death/kill ratio.

"WHY DO WE PLAY? WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"

People do that shit in HQ a lot. I had to get mad briefly about my teammates not going after the damn HQ, but then they came back at me because of my absurdly low K/D ratio (due to getting gunned down when on the shit, but with nobody watching my back). Nigga, I'm trying to WIN.

It feels like Im the only dude that goes for the capture points sometimes. Its just me rushing, nading the shit, get a double kill, shoot another bitch in the face, cap the point, get mowed down. Do it all over again.

same here

i think wasteland is my favorite map

i think thats what its named

afghan is cool too

mindvapors, are there view points that Ezio can't climb to just yet, or am i retarded? i couldn't climb to the top of what seems to me is the highest tower in Florence. And why is da Vinci's homosexuality so important?

Well, viewpoints are shown on the map. So if there isn't a viewpoint symbol on the map, it isn't a viewpoint. Every place i thought was a viewpoint ended up being on the map and allowed me to sync to update the map at the top.

And i thought that gay comment about Da Vinci was quite peculiar myself. Most other entries say something 'opinionated' about the subject toward the end (of the entry), too. I'm wondering if it all has an actual point in the game.

It feels like Im the only dude that goes for the capture points sometimes. Its just me rushing, nading the shit, get a double kill, shoot another bitch in the face, cap the point, get mowed down. Do it all over again.
Yeah this is what happens to me, I am always gunning for the flag or whatever and to hear faggots crying "8 and 30, why don't you just give up already" when it is their camping ass' fault that I have no cover when running for the flag that I die so much, I just tell them to get fucked.

Me and Swindle had some fun last night, I now see what it is like to play properly (without horrendous overseas hosted lag matches) and I was a bit more competitive, but GBM, you must fucking destroy at this game. Hvae you gotten a few nukes or something to climb so fast?