You guys are getting quite old now huh?

2004WasAgesAgo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-reading my initial post i can see how I came accross asking for "how to live" advise, It was more of an attempt at trying to initiate discussion.

I mean I love you guys, but when it comes to life insight and inspiration you wouldnt know much.

So I decided to re-read your original post. :P

So this thread is to discuss what changes happen in your thirties and what society expects of you to function among them.

I'm not really concerned with society's expectations of me, but I predict a drastic change in lifestyle by the time I am 35. By lifestyle, I mean having more cash inflow resulting in the possibility of increased consumption of uppers and downers.

A nicer house/condo and a car is a given, but I don't feel that is something that "comes with age" because what you did to get where you are to consider yourself successful matters more, in my opinion. I believe that through experience builds character. There are some who are late bloomers and some who are not, but at the same time, who are you to judge someone if they aren't living the same way you are or what you believe is socially acceptable? There are exceptions to this, obviously. If you are able to learn from these experiences and build from it, then who cares how old you are? I don't believe people have to learn from the mistakes made by others, but take it with consideration at least. Again, there are exceptions.

My guess with a nigga/niggarette in their 30's in todays society is that they are still paying off their debt from school and are having a hard time finding a job in general. I believe that the majority of the population who have degrees never work in the field they graduated in, including myself.

In the end, does it really matter what kind of changes are expected in your 30s? That's entirely up to you, but for me, I don't believe so. I already knew what I want and essentially "planned" everything out midway through college. Soooo...to get where I want to be will take time. To me, life isn't measured by age; it's measured by time/experience/what you did with your life/etc. nahmsaying, cuh? I hope I didn't contradict myself.

I'm sure I didn't correctly answer your question so I apologize. :)

I'm 35 and baby faced, so I look and act young because there isn't an old man staring at me in the mirror. It kinda hurts me in business since my clients think I'm 20.

I can't grow facial hair except for a bad teenage mustache like Brandon Sexton III, seriously nothing, no chin hair, side burns, cheeks, nada. And genetically, it will never happen.

I look like a damn fool with only mustache hair pores/follicles, so even when I'm freshly shaved, I look like I have a bad guido mustache.

I tried growing it out for movember last year and it was pathetic, so I'm giving up. I am going into a lazer hair removal clinic next week to see about getting it removed. I'm tired of getting smart ass remarks.

baby face people problems

I am proposing there be a Team Old for all us folks over 30.

Team Mold for folks over 40, I know there are a couple.

hahahaa TEAM MOLD

great idea.

prolly only a smattering of peeps in that crew though (many of the ones who would be in it aren't really on much now..)

TEAM OLD though, man that must be 1/4 of ch0 by now.

indeed, times have change. I'm currently subscribed to the Alcoholic thread and dropped the beer thread.

umad the 80's and 90's thread fell off the front page.

i remember when i drank myself into the hospital when i was 27. it felt SO FUCKING DUMB. i put the bottle down and didn't look back.. i might have a drink at a wedding, but me and alcohol are divorced.

it does surprise me that i still smoke so much pot at this age though.. fuck it. life's grand.

I'm 35 and baby faced, so I look and act young because there isn't an old man staring at me in the mirror. It kinda hurts me in business since my clients think I'm 20.

I can't grow facial hair except for a bad teenage mustache like Brandon Sexton III, seriously nothing, no chin hair, side burns, cheeks, nada. And genetically, it will never happen.

I look like a damn fool with only mustache hair pores/follicles, so even when I'm freshly shaved, I look like I have a bad guido mustache.

I tried growing it out for movember last year and it was pathetic, so I'm giving up. I am going into a lazer hair removal clinic next week to see about getting it removed. I'm tired of getting smart ass remarks.

baby face people problems

I feel you on the baby face issue. I look much younger than i actually am.