Stop Resisting..wait I mean Dancing

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did it become a freedom to publicly trade saliva att a traditional memorial place? These White-trash wannabe-freedomfrighters can do that in their trailerparks, where they belong. As far as I am concern, they spit the nation and traditions in the face, and then call it their "right".

:lol:

what the fuck were those freako nerds doing in that war memorial?

It's a presidential memorial.

And they were standing up for intolerance and injustice with a sense of flair and panache. Brave heroes. In 50 years they will topple that marker of tyranny and replace it with an eternal monument to these brave souls. It's gonna have lotion dispensers and soft electronic music emitting from craftily hidden speakers.

• Like 1

Stolen from reddit:

Dancing at inside the Memorial is prohibited by Park Service regulations, and the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals held yesterday that the prohibition is a valid one. The people in the video were likely protesting that ruling, knowing full well that they'd be told to stop. [Edited to add context.]

Here [PDF] is the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals' ruling, decided yesterday, which states the following:

The Jefferson Memorial is a "nonpublic forum reserved for the tranquil commemoration of Mr. Jefferson's legacy" (4).

The Park Service regulations that require a permit for demonstrations (including "forms of conduct which involve the communication or expression of views or grievances, engaged in by one or more persons, the conduct of which has the effect, intent or propensity to draw a crowd of onlookers") were properly interpreted as applicable to dancing, as a "conspicuous expressive act with a propensity to draw onlookers" (7).

Even though permits are generally only required for groups of 25 or more people, smaller groups (including groups of one person) must still meet the conditions required for issuance of a permit if they wish to engage in a demonstration.

One of those "other conditions" is that no permits are issued for inside the Jefferson Memorial; i.e. a condition of issuance is that the demonstration be outside the Memorial.

It would be a different story if the Memorial were a public forum, or a public area that has long "been devoted to assembly or debate" or a limited public forum, which is public property expressly "opened for use by the public as a place for expressive activity" (8-9). But the Memorial is a nonpublic forum, which the government "may reserve... for its intended purposes... as long as the regulation on speech is reasonable and not an effort to suppress expression merely because public officials oppose the speaker's view" (9).

Just because the Memorial is open to the public doesn't mean it's a public forum: it's open to the public with a purpose other than that it serve as a space for expression.

I dont know why anyone would be suprised by this.

Going against cops outside of anything short of a riot is a lose lose situation regardless.

They can pick you up and slam you, choke you, taze you, beat you, and if you so much as spit on them they can hit you with assult on an officer and you could look at anything from 3-15 years in jail easy.

Best thing you can do is make sure the cameras are rolling so you dont get a cracked skull, and hopefully beat the dumbass charges.

If I were a judge and these scumbags brought this incident in front of me id tell them to get the fuck out of my courtroom.

Always resist arrest, never go peacefully and dont ever let them have an easy time detaining you.

this whole thing is stupid, it's a waste of the cops' time and everyone else who went to jail. i think they know that too. but seriously fuck a bunch of faggots that wanna test a group of cops, saying repeatedly they were not warned when they clearly are in the video. cool dudes, you really proved your edginess by dancing at the memorial.

a perfect example of people who need to learn to pick their fucking battles.