Game of Thrones (Spoilers laced throughout this entire fucking thread)

blackboatshoes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but i think it might have a little bit more to do with him writing the episode, since i also read that his favorite from last season was the won he wrote.

But yeah GRRM was stoked to get Neil Marshall as that episode will be the first time he has ever directed for a tv show.

Btw the gay joke at the opening of the episode was killer.

Anyone else notice that Gregor Clegane (The Moutain; also the guy who beheaded his horse in the first season) got recast? The guy who is playing him now also plays The Other from the opening of the first season, and also a couple of episodes before Jon Snow got KO'd. Some welsh dude who's like 7'2.

Dudes probably all "DOUBLE PAYCHECKS BOOOOIIIII"

I'm assuming Jojen is just getting cut and Osha is going to more or less take on the role of Meera Reed. Problem is, that throws things off with Rickon. Otherwise, they could introduce them (or just Meera) in season 3. I'm pretty confident it'll be a no-go on Jojen though. I'm also wondering if they're going to introduce Ramsay this season, because I really don't see how or why they would cut him from the entire storyline.

To be quite honest, I've been enjoying the show, but it's going to start being so drastically different than the books and there is no way around that. Yeah, some of the main events can stay the same, but they're going to have to change all sorts of shit due to the characters, scenes, and plotlines that they won't have time to introduce.

edit: and for good measures...

04ade7922984f31158ffd44fb927b95ada2dacb7-Game-of-Thrones-Season-2-Episode-5-The-Ghost-of-Harrenhal-02-2012-04-30.jpg

so badass.

Osha is definitely gonna be the one to take bran north. There is a couple of things they could do with rickon. The Maester could take him to skagos. They could introduce a character from the iron islands who doesn't agree with what theon is about to do...

I'm bummed cause the reed kids tell bran the story of the knight of the laughing tree. Which backbones the r+l=j theory. And tells a lot about lyanna.

Sigh

Thanks metronome. (edit: must spread reps)

I have made a start on book one but I'm reading four other books at the moment so I've not really got into it. The differences between books and shows/films based on books rarely isn't a disappointment ;which is why I've kinda been putting off reading the series.

Awwwww another one... :)

all of the differences between the show and the book are disappointing, the books are so much better.

Finishing book 5 now.....

Don't forget the Dunk and Egg novellas. They are tiny reads and set about 100 years before these books, but they give a LOT of info and shit. Plus they are awesome.