Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackboatshoes

Game of Thrones (Spoilers laced throughout this entire fucking thread)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9PjyJ43ULPfaYnyUs2a2BlYRjJ3j1yNYP3E0_VTvypr4_VhYs

Game of Thrones, from the previews I have seen look saweeet.It premieres tonight at 9pm on HBO.Thought this show deserved a thread like other good shows do. So here are Game of Throne clips.

trailer 1

"the games begin"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdRMR8eAsvPFt9ZQ4gIAsgNrAWQv2PbkxPPZ5W8JOWzwqbhW_UKg

BABE

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfgGHh55fXFCoaOpnokJMF4uBB_1L3eBB3MZwP1eUMwFREYUc6

ITS GOT MIDGETS TOO

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4tk3oM0J-GJvp7QrMNss-EzBXcoGjcZ_3zQqxnZ_StndPoQCElA

Re: Game of Thrones

I will probably check this out, the author cosigned it, so I trust.

Those are some of my favorite fantasy books, as nerdy as I feel saying that. They're violent, perverse, and pretty great.

One of the homies is reading this series now and he is digging it. I wouldn't mind checking this out but I want to read it first.

The first 15 minutes looked rad

tommy carcetti from the wire! and that dwarf actor peter dinklage is really talented

been excited for this for ages.

running through the series right now so i can be ready for the release of book 5.

they cast joffrey and arya perfectly, and i understand the decision to age up some of the characters, i just dont like it.

also - downloading the first episode right now.

after watching the show i have this to say-

i hated sansa immediately, as i did in the book. bravo.

i've always been a fan of peter dinklage and view him as remarkably talented, very happy that he is tyrion.

dany is done very well, we'll see later when *spoiler* happens

this is going to be absolutely amazing.

Yup just finished watching and im keen as fuck for more .. I havent read the books though so im not sure if that will make it better/worse.

Me and the wife added HBO to the cable just for this show (yes nerd). Very happy so far, except the walkers, I always pictured the way different but whatever. We also started rereading for book 5 release, been waiting like 3 years, bout fucking time.

It's gonna be like 2030 by the time all 7 are released.

I LOL'd at all the Wheel of Time readers when Robert Jordan croaked in the middle of the last book, but I'll be UFURIOUS if that happens to Martin.

Yeah man I read books what's good

also - after rewatching -

why aren't the Targaryen's eyes violet.

didn't Bran see J and C against a wall? not doggy style?

i didn't realize the guy missing the hair on the left side of his head was supposed to be the hound. the books hardly mention him without referencing his hideous face, yet he looks pretty normal here.

I wouldn't be hung up on the fact that Bran didn't spy C getting fingerslammed against a wall, but I'm a stickler for appearance details...especially Clegane's face, the disgusting burns are pretty much the whole point

i'm nut super hung up on it.

although i do remember C having to convince J a little bit before he did what he did. maybe i am remembering that wrong.

They left out/changed some minor moments and details, but over all I'm fairly satisfied thus far. The preview with future scenes show tons of book material making it into the series, which sold me originally. Interested to see how the trip to King's Landing will be handled. Martin is an old favorite of mine, so I'm psyched on a personal level.

I fuck with fantasy books. I have to say though, I'm currently in awe of Steven Erikson's The Malazan Book of the Fallen series. EPIC high fantasy. Incredibly detailed and grim, with such depth and emotion I have grown man cried a couple times. The characters are so real, you form emotional attachments to them, in a way I've never experienced with *ANY* series, ever. Personally I think I have excellent taste in fantasy, and highly recommend anyone to read this.

/end derail

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now