Game of Thrones (Spoilers laced throughout this entire fucking thread)

blackboatshoes

You have to make allowances for the packaging. TV is restricted by time slots and seasons. But a 900 page book is just a 900 page book that you read at your own pace. I think they have done a good job of capturing the scope and sweep of the story, how large and encompassing it is. But a lot of the depth and texture had to get the ax for the sake of fitting it in the space allotted. I know people that haven't read the books and have no intention of doing so, that think this is the best show "evar". So I guess what I'm saying is read books, they are better than TV.

Edit: The Dunk and Egg shorts are fucking rad.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also in the book arya kills the tickler in the tavern with Sandor. And it's one of the best scenes in the book. Sad face

agreed. pretty much all arya scenes are my favorite and they would be smart not to fuck with them. am i wrong or wasnt it bolton and the leeches at harrenhal and not tywin? do you think theyre gonna cut out the boltons? have they been mentioned? they are sinister as fuck.

on a different note ive been saying "winter is coming" very inappropriately in social and sexual situations and it is amazing

• Like 1

You have to make allowances for the packaging. TV is restricted by time slots and seasons. But a 900 page book is just a 900 page book that you read at your own pace. I think they have done a good job of capturing the scope and sweep of the story, how large and encompassing it is. But a lot of the depth and texture had to get the ax for the sake of fitting it in the space allotted. I know people that haven't read the books and have no intention of doing so, that think this is the best show "evar". So I guess what I'm saying is read books, they are better than TV.

Edit: The Dunk and Egg shorts are fucking rad.

no doubt, I understand that things need to be done differently to deliver for TV.

I just hate the fact that some things they literally change things that happen or characters etc.

NBB, I will check out the novellas for sure, I have heard they are the start of his work in this genre.

okay the end of that episode kinda bummed me out...why add such a wild unnecessary element like the dragons getting stolen and hella her people getting murdered? like what? why? also it's hard for me to get into this arya/tywin plotline since it is also entirely fabricated by the hbo writers.

one positive, im feeling the casting for ygritte. that girl is attractive.

okay the end of that episode kinda bummed me out...why add such a wild unnecessary element like the dragons getting stolen and hella her people getting murdered? like what? why? also it's hard for me to get into this arya/tywin plotline since it is also entirely fabricated by the hbo writers.

I tend to watch the new episodes on Monday nights, so I haven't actually seen the episode, but I'm also pretty disappointed in some of the changes that I've already read about. As I said previously, it's been fun to watch, but it's going to end up being hugely different from the books very soon here. Too many characters and plot lines are going to end up getting cut, they're going to have to find other ways to tie things together, and it's all going to fall apart/turn into a different story where some of the characters and events happen to be the same. Then they'll have a giant orgy with all the female characters and CGI dragons and HBO will cancel it well before GRRM ever finishes the last 2 books.

I came to a similar conclusion after the last episode, I dunno I'm waytoo puristfag for this, although it doesnt' surpise me

That and my Facebook nesfeed every Monday morning is litterd with people spelling names wrong and coming up with retarded/wrong ideas for whats gonna hapen and that shit pisses me off

Dany doesn't do shit in clash of kings. She has like 5 chapters. I think Tyrion has 15. My guess is the warlocks stole the dragons because it gives her a legit reason to go to the house of the undying and go crazy on the warlocks. As opposed to in the book where she goes for no reason.

It makes sense for the tv show to give her more to do.

I don't really get why they killed Irri and Rakharo. But I guess if the whole Dany plotline is going to go differently, they are relatively negligible characters (or at least interchangeable with her other handmaidens/bloodriders). We're definitely missing out on a saucy lesbian love scene though, as a result.

even with the dragons, i find dany's storyline kind of whatever. arya is my shit. and this tywin arya thing is obviously getting paid a lot of attention, especially w the tickler already being dead i feel like baelish is gonna send arya across the narrow sea and that whole arya and the dog story arch will be 86'd. that did happen right? my memory is so fucked sometimes

I don't really get why they killed Irri and Rakharo. But I guess if the whole Dany plotline is going to go differently, they are relatively negligible characters (or at least interchangeable with her other handmaidens/bloodriders). We're definitely missing out on a saucy lesbian love scene though, as a result.

There's always hope for Doreah and Dany grinding it out on the way to Slaver's Bay...

even with the dragons, i find dany's storyline kind of whatever. arya is my shit. and this tywin arya thing is obviously getting paid a lot of attention, especially w the tickler already being dead i feel like baelish is gonna send arya across the narrow sea and that whole arya and the dog story arch will be 86'd. that did happen right? my memory is so fucked sometimes

They could skip the whole arya and Sandor thing. But I doubt that's gonna happen. As much as they love cliffhangers, having arya almost get caught at the RW, and taking an ax to the back of the head before the episode ends would be a big one to skip. That's next book though so I really wouldn't worry about stuff that's gonna happen a year from now

The only things I care about in this entire show are the midget being funny and that boy king getting murdered.

I must see it happen.

It has to happen.

It won't happen soon enough.

It better be brutal.

Couldn't agree more..