Game of Thrones (Spoilers laced throughout this entire fucking thread)

blackboatshoes

• 4 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm about 3/4 of the way through book five, if you don't want spoilers skip this post.

Davos is boring and fucking useless throughout the whole series, I can't think of any important or game changing shit he's done. Arya and Bran have some awesome things going on, I like their chapters I think most of all. Tryion just won't fucking die and every sexual reference to Daenerys is paedophilia, I always thought George RR Martin was a sexual predator, all this shit with 13 year olds getting fucked is pretty fucking weird.

The non-linear style of books 4 & 5 pissed me off, by reason of how he wrote it, there should be big climaxes in book 4 and there just aren't, book 5 and the dragons are now only just big enough to ne cool.

I like the books don't get me wrong but the style of writing, POV, does my head in

P.S cersei lannister hasn't gotten fucked over once until the very end...definitely expected some gang rape from the predatory writings of Martin.

So I'm about 3/4 of the way through book five, if you don't want spoilers skip this post.

Davos is boring and fucking useless throughout the whole series, I can't think of any important or game changing shit he's done. Arya and Bran have some awesome things going on, I like their chapters I think most of all. Tryion just won't fucking die and every sexual reference to Daenerys is paedophilia, I always thought George RR Martin was a sexual predator, all this shit with 13 year olds getting fucked is pretty fucking weird.

The non-linear style of books 4 & 5 pissed me off, by reason of how he wrote it, there should be big climaxes in book 4 and there just aren't, book 5 and the dragons are now only just big enough to ne cool.

I like the books don't get me wrong but the style of writing, POV, does my head in

P.S cersei lannister hasn't gotten fucked over once until the very end...definitely expected some gang rape from the predatory writings of Martin.

What?!

Are you kidding me?

No.

He shipped off Robert Baratheons bastard, got made kings hand and fought in the Blackwater battle...what else has he done? That shit with manderley was nothing either.

Maybe you haven't read it yet, but Davos is wrapped up in some of the most important drama going on right now. Like, right in the thick of it, and all that crap he went through with Manderly was the set up for that.

There is also his beef with Melisandre and his relationship with Stannis.

Also as disappointed as AFFC seems, I think a lot of shit that happens in that book is behind the scenes important. Especially the epilogue.

the appendix in the 5th book is fucking monstrous. i like the little acknowledgement notes he leaves in the last few pages, by the sounds of things the tedium with all the characters, places and shit pisses him off.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/these-last-two-are-gonna-be-real-turds-george-rr-m,26934/

anyone have any ideas when the next book is coming out? too lazy to google.

• 2 weeks later...

must not read thread.

i am going to finish the first book tonight, took me about three weeks.

definitely have time to finish the second book before the series starts in april.

i am impressed with martin so far, it is really done well....i am surprised at how faithful HBO was to the book.

anyway, I like the book, carry on.

I said the ending of each book is anticlimactic, I thought that was obvious. Also, unless you want to persuade me that davos isnt a douche, then eat shit. Opinions are like assholes.

Realism, sorry dude, i didn't really spoil too much though.

I dunno man, maybe what you read doesn't really sink in.

There's nothing anticlimactic about the ending to DWD. In fact, its quite the cliff hanger.

The Dothraki that show up she has major beef with. You know, the horde that split up when Drogo bit it? And she's all alone with her Dragon that may or may not give a shit about her... yup, pretty anticlimactic...

• 3 weeks later...