Is the mixtape dead? -

KILZ FILLZ

Not in the Green Latern, scream, holiday... style mixtape

But when yOu used to make em for chicas

Spent much time getting cassettes just right. Planning out tracks. Sitting there with my finger on STOP waiting for the track to end. Gettin shit correct.

Then came CDs and shit got wild easier. You could bang out a couple of em for different chicks in like 5 mins

Now everyone has iPhones...blackberry.... Mp3 player at the least.

This shit done?

Young fools still make CDs for the young broads?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I made actual cassette mixtapes for some packages I sent out to a handful of ouncers a year or so back, J cards and all. I've also purchased a couple of cassettes in the last few years.

Lots of kids these days probably don't even have any means to play tapes. They've slowly started getting rid of cassette players from a lot of home/car stereos.

I'll make a mixtape on an easy recording application (Audacity, Traktor, etc.) all in one track, usually an hour or less, condense it into a smaller mp3 file, and email the download link to the intended person.

Example

On another, venting note, I slept collectively about 6 hours from thursday to sunday on account of being cracked out. Since getting back I put in about 14 hours since yesterday/night. Plus I'm sick. But there will most likely be vagine later tonight, so I happy :)

UP UNTIL A FEW YEARS AGO I WAS CONSTANTLY MAKING MIXTAPES FOR MY FRIENDS... CUTS SCRATCHES AND EVERYTHING. DOING LITTLE SETS ON TAPE, IF THERE WAS A MAJOR MISTAKE ID REWIND IT BACK AND DO IT ALL OVER. CATS REALLY APPRECIATED IT CAUSE I ALWAYS HAD THE LOW DOWN ON ALL THE INDIE RAP SHIT THEY HADNT HEARD YET.

SADLY, THE INTERNET AND MP3 GAME HAS PRETTY MUCH MADE THIS NONEXISTANT NOWADAYS.

SOMETIMES MY HOMIE WILL PICK ME UP AND POP IN CASSETTES I MADE HIM WHEN I WAS ABOUT 16... HAHAH SLOPPY ASS MIXING AND BUCK65 TO SMIF 'N WESSUN??? :lol:

9D95E45FE8E96630F6135814EB6E.jpg

"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules. Anyway... I've started to make a tape... in my head... for Laura. Full of stuff she likes. Full of stuff that make her happy. For the first time I can sort of see how that is done. "

Jesus, one of my boys still makes tapes for girls. That's probably what goes on inside his head.

Cool story: girl once asked me to make a tape for her, I filled it with inappropriate shit (for instance I think that Biggie song "Cunt Renaissance" was on there), and she knew better from there on out. Pow.

• Like 1

9D95E45FE8E96630F6135814EB6E.jpg

"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules. Anyway... I've started to make a tape... in my head... for Laura. Full of stuff she likes. Full of stuff that make her happy. For the first time I can sort of see how that is done. "

i know a guy who is basically that guy. he also makes lists of everything and its fucking odd as fuck. lists of shit that have no use whatsoever.

i used to make tapes for people all the time. i MIGHT know one other person besides myself with a cassette player right now. it sucks. ive never liked cds. i have hundreds of tapes most of them i have had since the 90s and they still work fine. meanwhile every cd i have ever owned got scratched no matter how careful i was with it.

yep.

i could soomehow make my way from something like john coltrane to deicide within a few songs.

haha.

it always worked though.

i've made mixtapes and mix cds for the woman.

it's a lot easier to send people youtube links and stuff on facebook.

i still own a ton of cassettes and continue to buy stuff on cassette.

just like a vinyl record, the internet can never replace the sound/coolness of a cassette.

I would never make one again, as I value my time or am too busy. I remember making them perfect and then designing the cassette covers and the insert's. I switched to Mini disc for a while and those were so nice and portable and easy to bootleg shows with...

Now i click and play tell them females to do the same.

http://thepiratebay.org/user/nos1977/