Just deactivated my facebook and it feels great!

T_R_O_N

As the tittle says, i just deactivated my face book...and it feels great.

Talk about emancipation from other compelling tech shit such as twitter, facebook, and other shit.

If there is a thread about this already or a thread that is similar to this one mods, my apologies.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i suppose, i just felt it was time to get rid of that shit, it always was a little disturbing knowing that there are 178+ photos of me on that shit that i will never be able to delete because someone else put them up there ( which is bullshit by the way)

dunno i just didnt like being so accessible and how easy it was to pry into my life with a click of a button. my memories are mine and i feel like facebook kind of bastardizes them by having a virtual log of them.

I remember before facebook i had to actually write and call people and get out of the house to be a sociable person. now if i missed a party or an outing all i have to do is click on X person's album and see what ensued. call me a technophobe, but i feel like facebook is ironically the antithesis of a social network. why hang out when one can just chat it up on the facebook? im definitely taking it to the extremes with these examples, but the less technology in my life the better....

facebooks gay. i have one but its stupid. myspace was way better when it was relevant.

when i hear people talking about it in public i wanna interupt them continuously. shit if you gotta refrence it for some lame reason just say the internet. or on the computer er somethin. everyone will know what the fuck your getting at.

shit sucks.

i spent awhile on this tonight, finished. while millions were on this website you speak of doing nothing usefull accept staying indoors away from everyone else.

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTktMjAxMTAyMTYtMDYwNy5qcGc.jpg

• Like 1

I had a myspace page for about 3 months which was long enough. Since then I have avoided all such sites where a person puts their real name out there.

Now a woman who has been appointed by the state to help me find a job can not stop going on about how I need to use Linkedin. I do not like the idea of being "searchable" at all. It just seems that it is never good news that has a hard time finding me.

Thoughts of the ounce on Linkedin??

I had a myspace page for about 3 months which was long enough. Since then I have avoided all such sites where a person puts their real name out there.

Now a woman who has been appointed by the state to help me find a job can not stop going on about how I need to use Linkedin. I do not like the idea of being "searchable" at all. It just seems that it is never good news that has a hard time finding me.

Thoughts of the ounce on Linkedin??

I was dating some woman in January, she had an unusual name so I googled it out of interest. The first result came up with LinkedIn with info about her job - it doesn't say that much, I think people need to sign up to read more info. But, as I've said, it was the first search result, so I wouldn't use LinkedIn if you don't want to be searchable. Funnily enough, one of the search results was a public Facebook page saying 'I've lost my number, my phone was stolen.' she put her number on the er.. wall thing. She's got a closed profile (or whatever it's called) and she's not searchable on Facebook, yet Google shows her Facebook profile, phone number and occupation. :lol:

• Like 1

I deleted my FB a long time ago, make sure you have them permanently delete your information from their system otherwise they store everything and it's easy to reactivate.

I cant stand that shit, kids of the future are fuckedddd...

...not to mention every camera brought into a club or bar is there for the sole purpose of capturing every fucking "hipster" thing you do throughout the night until your photo's become "artfag" towards to drunken end. There are some girls with 3000 and counting pics of their face on that shit.

"oh didn't you get my FB invitation????"

"No you cunt im not 13"

"Oh, lol!!!!!, well I'll re-send it"

"...."

"LOL y dyd you cll me a C*NT????"

i deactivate every few months

then come back a week or so later

just good to take a break

i justify it because i have a big azz family and could never, would never, keep in touch with all of my many cousins.

i also have quite a few peeps overseas, and no, i'm not going to skype them., i fucking detest talking on the phone.

and of course, though it is my first name, no effin way would i ever put my real last name up.

• Like 1

Realism served you.....

And don't hate on the technology, it seems like you just hang around a bunch of crumbums who abuse it.

Facebook used to annoy me too, but I used the settings to deactivate things like photo tagging & notifications, updated privacy... and to block the posts of bitches who tweet every fucking thought that pops in their worthless head. I won't block the user so they don't get butt hurt, I just set it up that they don't exist to me.

The irony is I used to hate all social media technology, still kinda do, but it is a huge part of my job so now I have to engage in every single site out there. yay.

I feel like one of those spam ads:

n1206478125_121715_4498.jpg

I get paid to surf the net, ask me how bitches!

don't know what the fuzz is all about on this Facebook site. I have friends telling me to make one and shit.. haha never in my life will i conform to this facebook movement youth and adults are doing. I see it as another desperate attempt to "make friends" and what not. I'll never really understand facebook and i don't want too.

my best friend says the same thing everytime anyone asks him for his fb, "nah I like pussy." I admit straight up, I spend way to much time on fb and here during the fall and winter, but in the spring in summer, I do nothing but take flicks, like pecker style nh. I think as long as you're not a complete shut in, you still draw/paint/sketch/get pussy/ do man shit, it's ok.