• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lord_casek

Sketchpad: HTML5 is rad

meh ok

why would i use this instead of Pshop? Cant see any advantage

What say you lord?

I think his point is that it uses (new) HTML5 instead of flash.

when they finish it? from what i can tell it's still in development. unless the wiki hasn't been updated.

but this is way smoother than java or flash could be. and html5 will be able to parse like PHP? it looks like.

I don't know how this is html5. The only element of html5 being used is 'canvas'. 99% of this is javascript.

html5 won't be out for the masses for a while yet as they're still working on the spec although browsers have already started implementing aspects.

html5 is still a work in progress with some elements like 'details' getting removed recently and they've also removed 'canvas' from the spec and are turning it into its own spec, so widespread usage of that will be longer than html5.

On another note, Vimeo and Youtube have implemented the 'video' element and it looks and acts pretty slick, but just wait until the patent holders for the h.264 video format to ask for their dollah dollah billzzz. Could derail the whole video aspect of html unless the working group can convince the browsers to adopt the ogg open source format.

• Like 1

rather than having to download the flash plug in or anything like that that your browser has to use to make cool shit happen, HTML5 (the new version of how you write a web page) can do it all on its own.

That's my layman's understanding of HTML5, is it correct?

rather than having to download the flash plug in or anything like that that your browser has to use to make cool shit happen, HTML5 (the new version of how you write a web page) can do it all on its own.

That's my layman's understanding of HTML5, is it correct?

http://www.geektechnica.com/2009/06/5-amazing-html5-features-to-look-forward-to/

and this will work in safari and chrome

http://youtube.com/html5

According to the co-editor of HTML 5, Ian Hickson, we might have to wait till 2022 for the final proposed draft of HTML 5.Don't they know thats 10 years after THE END OF THE WORLD!

Will the 12oz be making use of html 5?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now