Super Bowl is anti abortion?

SukiSukiNow

Tebow to appear in Super Bowl commercial.

Tim Tebow is taking his star power to sport’s biggest stage.

The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl next month. The Christian group Focus on the Family says the Tebows will share a personal story centering on the theme “Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life.”

The group isn’t releasing details, but the commercial is likely to be an anti-abortion message chronicling Pam Tebow’s 1987 pregnancy. After getting sick during a mission trip to the Philippines, she ignored a recommendation by doctors to abort her fifth child and gave birth to Tim.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner ended his college career with several NCAA, Southeastern Conference and school records, and two national championships. Tebow also has been very involved in his family’s Christian-based ministry.

Jim Daly, president and CEO of Focus on the Family, said the commercial comes at a time when “families need to be inspired.”

“Tim and Pam share our respect for life and our passion for helping families thrive,” Daly said. “Focus on the Family is about … strengthening families by empowering them with the tools they need to live lives rooted in morals and values.”

Thirty-second commercials during the Super Bowl are selling for between $2.5 million and $2.8 million. Daly said all the funds for the ad came from a handful of “very generous and committed friends,” and that no money from the group’s general fund was used.

“Now that the ad has been shot, we’re excited to tell people it’s coming because the Tebows’ story is such an important one for our culture to hear,” he said. “You won’t want to miss it.”

Updated Jan 16, 2:06 pm EST

Email Print Buzz up!

Yes, people are entitled to have their own opinions, but this is bullshit. Fucking BULLSHIT!!!

I just watched the stupid news and now I'm pissed.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Freedom of speech.

I believe in choice to an extent. If a woman keeps having abortions

I think it's fucked up.

/waits for heated debate

dont think you will get much of a heated debate from your sentiments, these people who use abortion for birth control are gross, im mega pro choice but after one or two it gets to a point of selfishness and carelessness....

even though some people hate him tebow is a stand up guy. does mission work instead of partying like everyone else at does at UF. even though he may be part organized religon i still think he is a good person.nh

im pro life. and abortion also should be regulated. people that are irresponsible and dont have the maturity to deal with it and choose to kill a life are pathetic. really you they are. grow the fuck up except the outcome of your actions by getting wasted and fucking without a condom. just birth the kid and give it up for adoption. simple as that. now if you were raped or the child would be born with serious problems yes you should have the option to abort. otherwise deal with it.

even though some people hate him tebow is a stand up guy. does mission work instead of partying like everyone else at does at UF. even though he may be part organized religon i still think he is a good person.nh

im pro life. and abortion also should be regulated. people that are irresponsible and dont have the maturity to deal with it and choose to kill a life are pathetic. really you they are. grow the fuck up except the outcome of your actions by getting wasted and fucking without a condom. just birth the kid and give it up for adoption. simple as that. now if you were raped or the child would be born with serious problems yes you should have the option to abort. otherwise deal with it.

i know a few people that "dealt with it" and had kids that would have been so much better off being aborted. and don't give me the adoption excuse cause they are black kids and they aren't from a foreign country. and not very many women who make poor choices and wind up pregnant are strong enough to make emotionally difficult decisions when it comes to standing up to family (stupid moms who just want a grandbaby....) or who can see past the first days in the hospital to what reality is gonna be like. women who have abortions as birth control are sick, but that is exactly who i want it available for. stupid fucking cunts like that end up keeping babies and collecting welfare. and not caring for their kids properly. i believe accidents do happen though and women should have the right to decide to grow a life in them for 10 months (9 months is a fucking lie) or not. and no men, you don't get a choice. your kind has a very poor track record of being sole provider if mama ain't around. and i'm not just talking about money.

idealists are dangerous. i will be throwing my 2 cents in and going back to bed. my child pissed the bed tonight......

oh and fuck any serious issue interrupting the mutherfucking super bowl.