Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SukiSukiNow

Super Bowl is anti abortion?

Tebow to appear in Super Bowl commercial.

Tim Tebow is taking his star power to sport’s biggest stage.

The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl next month. The Christian group Focus on the Family says the Tebows will share a personal story centering on the theme “Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life.”

The group isn’t releasing details, but the commercial is likely to be an anti-abortion message chronicling Pam Tebow’s 1987 pregnancy. After getting sick during a mission trip to the Philippines, she ignored a recommendation by doctors to abort her fifth child and gave birth to Tim.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner ended his college career with several NCAA, Southeastern Conference and school records, and two national championships. Tebow also has been very involved in his family’s Christian-based ministry.

Jim Daly, president and CEO of Focus on the Family, said the commercial comes at a time when “families need to be inspired.”

“Tim and Pam share our respect for life and our passion for helping families thrive,” Daly said. “Focus on the Family is about … strengthening families by empowering them with the tools they need to live lives rooted in morals and values.”

Thirty-second commercials during the Super Bowl are selling for between $2.5 million and $2.8 million. Daly said all the funds for the ad came from a handful of “very generous and committed friends,” and that no money from the group’s general fund was used.

“Now that the ad has been shot, we’re excited to tell people it’s coming because the Tebows’ story is such an important one for our culture to hear,” he said. “You won’t want to miss it.”

Updated Jan 16, 2:06 pm EST

Email Print Buzz up!

Yes, people are entitled to have their own opinions, but this is bullshit. Fucking BULLSHIT!!!

I just watched the stupid news and now I'm pissed.

god give me a fucking break, trying to enjoy the game and laugh at all the great commercials and here come the fucking christians to fuck it all up and blow everyones high...

abortion_107.jpg

• Like 1

First that comes to mind is how many fucking abortions football players have to pay for from fucking around too much..

Maybe that's more true in the NBA..

Freedom of speech.

I believe in choice to an extent. If a woman keeps having abortions

I think it's fucked up. I also know for a fact that there are tons of people who would take

an unwanted child b/c they can't have their own or whatever.

/waits for heated debate

Freedom of speech.

I believe in choice to an extent. If a woman keeps having abortions

I think it's fucked up.

/waits for heated debate

dont think you will get much of a heated debate from your sentiments, these people who use abortion for birth control are gross, im mega pro choice but after one or two it gets to a point of selfishness and carelessness....

From what I can gather from that description, the commercial's message seems to be more ''let fetuses live'' and not "abortion is wrong".

I have no issues with that.

that's stupid!

i seen this guy the other day, and i told him he should have been aborted.

:five-o:

WOW, 2 his girl...

-and abortion is "touchy" what if a girl is raped and impregnated...?

-on the same note, killing babies is a business, n "MONEY TALKS"...

wait.....suki deleted her own message

i noticed that too

i doubt hell ever be a fulltime starter in the nfl

that fools girl...............damn

I'm exctremely pro choice, but at the same time was pretty hurt when my ex aborted our kid, because it felt like I had no part in the choice

Either way though, I still stand by a woman's right to choose

I've seen at least two SSN deleted posts lately. She has powers we cannot comprehend. Crazy being one of them.

I'm glad Tebow's girl wasn't aborted, too bad she's stupid enough to date him though.

I'm exctremely pro choice, but at the same time was pretty hurt when my ex aborted our kid, because it felt like I had no part in the choice

Either way though, I still stand by a woman's right to choose

I think the man should have some say so though. Especially if you wanted the kid.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now