anyone on here a plumber ???

KILZ FILLZ

my toilet has had a drippy-leak that turned into a full spray this morning

not the toilet itself but where it connects to the wall

33nbvoi.jpg

its coming from this line right here, not the fitting but the line itself.

i already turned the knob for the water off, so the leak is done for now.

can i replace this line easily?

its sunday and getting a plumber here would be a costly pain in the ass i would prefer to do it myself if possible.

thanks in advance

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It depends on what's leaking.

If it's just the hose then it's pretty straight forward, turn off water, remove hose replace with new one.

If it's leaking from the pipe that's protruding from the wall then it gets a bit harder but it should fix the problem for a good while.

Your gonna need a new shut-off valve and a blowtorch. You don't really need a fire protecting cloth, just don't burn your house down.

Leaky-Shutoff-Valve-01-ss.jpg

Unscrew the faucet supply line from the shutoff valve with a small adjustable wrench. ( Make sure you turned off all the water going to the pipe. )

Leaky-Shutoff-Valve-02-ss.jpg

Clamp a pair of locking pliers to the old soldered valve and heat the valve with a propane torch. When the solder melts, twist the valve back and forth while pulling it off. Wipe the end of the pipe with a cloth immediately after removing the valve to get rid of old solder. (Wear a glove so you don’t burn your hand.)

Leaky-Shutoff-Valve-03-ss.jpg

Slide the compression nut, then the ferrule, onto the copper water pipe. Lubricate the compression threads with a small amount of pipe dope. Tighten until firm with a pair of adjustable wrenches and then turn the wrench an additional 180 degrees. Reconnect the faucet supply line after the shutoff valve is in place.

• Like 1

i work in bathrooms with plumbers fairly often, but i can't say that's a fitting that i've seen before. it sounds to me like it needs replaced, probably just past it's time.

shut the water off once you've got the replacement fitting and get the wrench and grips out.

and fill your kettle incase it gets worse and you need to shut the water off completely.

sounds to me like you got yourself an extremely serious problem. the mineral build up inside the hose will start to mutate into a living organism, and the leak pulls shit from the bowl into the hose, creating a crazy hell-pit of sorts for bacteria to grow... I say evacuate, get out of your house NOW. you are about to have a shit monster crawl out of that bowl. don't be surprised to see people without genitals approaching you.

I'm not a plumber, but I do have the flu. That qualifies me to tell you that

red heads make horrible lovers.

SACRILEGE! But you're right, things seldom work out well in the end.

Boats, leave the supply turned off for now. You can flush the toilet by pouring a couple gallons of water directly into the bowl....keep a bucket in the tub/shower.

Do you have a landlord? If so, it's his responsibility and it's best not to fuck around with plumbing if you're renting.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

Boats, leave the supply turned off for now. You can flush the toilet by pouring a couple gallons of water directly into the bowl....keep a bucket in the tub/shower.

this motherfucker is gonna do it like 3rd world countries where running water is unheard of.

haha. im zoning

duct-tape-rolls.jpg

This right hur ^^

Guess you should have ordered that Time Life Kitchens and Bathroom series instead of ignoring the commercial, eh?

Anyhow, you can find this info pretty easy by searching online, had to do something similar to learn about the flushometer before. For what it might matter, it's better to shit and piss in the open air/great outdoors anyhow, so hop the nieghbor's fence with a roll of t.p. and let loose.

Do you have a landlord? If so, it's his responsibility and it's best not to fuck around with plumbing if you're renting.

I was just sayin'.

Also: Da Bears!

246j860.jpg

So I guess Im not the only one here that had some plumbing issues. I was almost going to make a thread, but fuck it said I. Water heater sprang a massive leak on Thursday last week and flooded my kitchen, and the water seeped into my hardwood floors in two adjacent rooms. Between the time I had a new water heater installed and the water damage people came out, I accidently dropped a set of outer tie rod ends for my car in my bathroom sink and took broke the ceramic. Woops. Put in a new sink later that day. As I type this the people from Servpro are taking some drying equipment/plastic floor covering away. So basically, your toilet problem is minor and you can fix it easily.