What are you doing RIGHT NOW.

tonysoprano

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mr.yuck said:

Sitting in a board meeting room waiting to introduce myself to a company I’m not even sure I want to work with.

Dude,  I can relate.   Just see what they want, Jack the prices up 60% and see if they call back. 

• Truth 2

16 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

This nurga was 45 minutes late so I told the people at the desk that this shit was wildly unprofessional and I bounced. I quintupled the pricing because their ideas were low anyway.

going back to sleep. This same dick head just told me they only had a budget of $325 to paint 5 rooms. Lol. I told him I don’t even have a new guy that doesn’t know what he’s doing that I could send out for that price.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

6 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

going back to sleep. This same dick head just told me they only had a budget of $325 to paint 5 rooms. Lol. I told him I don’t even have a new guy that doesn’t know what he’s doing that I could send out for that price.

Sometimes I wonder if some people are just blatantly low balling or just plain stupid.   I am gonna go with both in on this guy.   

Reminds me of a call I got when I first started.  So this guy calls and needed 12 wooden medallions.  Tells me he could get them online for 3 dollars a piece, but thought that was still a little too high.  

So that immediately told me who I was dealing with.  

Anyhow, I hang up the phone, few hours go by, but it was so absurd I had to Google.  Sure enough,  I find the medallions on alibaba at 3 buck a piece but 1000pc min order. 

I laughed and ever since when I get a call and the person spits out a price before asking, I triple it and let them hang up.

• Props 1

@ndvI figured out what they are doing. It’s a company that’s buying up houses and apartments and turning them into off campus living for a local college. The college is surrounded by hood. They are sourcing all of their “subcontractors” from these neighborhoods and paying them jack shit. Essentially these guys are gentrifying themselves out of their neighborhood. It’s fucked up.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

6 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@ndvI figured out what they are doing. It’s a company that’s buying up houses and apartments and turning them into off campus living for a local college. The college is surrounded by hood. They are sourcing all of their “subcontractors” from these neighborhoods and paying them jack shit. Essentially these guys are gentrifying themselves out of their neighborhood. It’s fucked up.

I can't stand doing business with companies like this.  I get it but not form me.   The good thing is low ball companies always act in the same manner so their easily identified.  

But, yeah, it sounds like the tenants and handyman are the loosers on all of this.  Things never get fixed properly, and handyman never makes money.  All because a company doesn't want to spend money. 

Paint over paint over paint.  

A switch that does nothing.

This vent leads to nowhere. 

• Truth 1

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Scrolling the oontz trying not to be triggered by gratuitous ketchup and weird sandwich cutting angles.

Ketchup?

4DB25686-A666-43DD-98E2-89FD13AA4668.gif

Edited by LUGR
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1

counting down the 12 hours till I start work tomorrow.

you know when you discover a mistake on a friday and you procrastinate thinking it'll be better if you deal with it on the weekend but now monday is coming and that mistake is looming up.

Also looking at my old black books from 24 years ago.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

counting down the 12 hours till I start work tomorrow.

you know when you discover a mistake on a friday and you procrastinate thinking it'll be better if you deal with it on the weekend but now monday is coming and that mistake is looming up.

This right here hits home.  I get anxiety over it as it drives me crazy.  But the good thing is, you caught the mistake before someone else. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ndv said:

This right here hits home.  I get anxiety over it as it drives me crazy.  But the good thing is, you caught the mistake before someone else. 

sadly this mistake was 90% mine 

it's been flagged now on to the being bollocked part of the transaction.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Ain’t that the way. You ever had one of these cock sucker places try to tell you they can’t release your vehicle to you because it’s unsafe.

Not yet, but came close a several years back. 

I'll have to post my "recommended maintenance" results when I get a moment.