What are you doing RIGHT NOW.

tonysoprano

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I mean....What seltzer doesn't taste like shit...? I drink them strictly because I am vain and want to avoid getting any fatter than I was getting. Switching from regular beer to seltzer was not a taste chaser. And fuck any of yall who think it's the same fatting'er. They aren't. The last couple of years is proof. Beers a few times a week vs these chick drinks a few times a week = far less fat gain, at least for me and it shows.  

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

So. You get in your jammy's at 5pm everyday or....? Lolol. Is that your leg knee? Why are you in the fridge? There is a lot of answers required here.

To be honest, there are some days I roll ro work in my jammy jam jams. But as soon as I get home, believe it or not, straight to jams. I just happened to be getting first dinner put together when I decided it was opportune photo time.

Yes leg knee.

Waking up in my guest room, when I tested positive for the Covid I started hanging in here to limit my wife's exposure. We have been waiting for her test results to get back and assuming they would be positive and then we could drop the in house isolation, but they came back negative which is great and all but means I will continue to sleep alone and be sequestered to these quarters.

Makes me wish I had followed through on setting up the man cave a little better. Just one step up from milk crates and folding chairs in here.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Sounds like a perfectly natural thing to become bored of. 

I found out today that my isolation from work will be longer than expected, bumping it from ten to fourteen days. Not too stoked about that, but what can you do. 

Nothing really highlights my inclination to waste time like having some to waste, being stuck inside is the kicker. 

• Like 1

good luck @Steel Schnauzer

Sitting around fuming after dumb cunt homie left an earring he found on the seat of the car last night.

After I picked him up to sell him some paint.

Wife found it this morning and basically accused me of having an affair because I went out to paint but didn't end up painting.

It's just a happy case of bad timing  and no more.

But while I was out last night i flippantly sent a text saying "back in a minute" but then we got talking and it was like an hour before I got back.

so that fact combined with going out to paint but not painting plus an earring on the seat makes me look really bad.

• Truth 1

just bought a dope usb mic for myself to finally start getting shit in order while browsing these voice over websites.. i had some drunk guy come into my restaurant before covid and him and his coworkers use voice.com to look for their talent i guess and was telling me about signing up.. he was cool but waaaaayy too drunk to hold a conversation with but i appreciated the insight.. im on there now but apparently with the free membership you can only be sent jobs by people instead of applying to whatever jobs you see yourself.. the next up tier you can just browse jobs and apply however, whenever you want.. BUT, that next tier membership fee is $500 yearly.. like WOTM8... i guess its an investment in yourself really considering these job listings are kind of like, "whatever book/game, looking for male, age 21-35, north american accent, 120 words, 1:55 sec, $120-$200".. so i guess you apply and set your price within their range and after they hear you and if you fit the roll boom your golden.. the website charges a 20% platform fee to no surprise but theres tons of gigs on there ranging within the triple digits.. but fuck with that 500 i can get this fucking wisdom tooth finally removed thats scraping the inside of my fucking cheek.. idk overall im probably just overthinking it i guess.. 

what do you guys think..? would you cough up the $500, keep the free tier or search other v.o websites..?

• Props 1

4 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

just bought a dope usb mic for myself to finally start getting shit in order while browsing these voice over websites.. i had some drunk guy come into my restaurant before covid and him and his coworkers use voice.com to look for their talent i guess and was telling me about signing up.. he was cool but waaaaayy too drunk to hold a conversation with but i appreciated the insight.. im on there now but apparently with the free membership you can only be sent jobs by people instead of applying to whatever jobs you see yourself.. the next up tier you can just browse jobs and apply however, whenever you want.. BUT, that next tier membership fee is $500 yearly.. like WOTM8... i guess its an investment in yourself really considering these job listings are kind of like, "whatever book/game, looking for male, age 21-35, north american accent, 120 words, 1:55 sec, $120-$200".. so i guess you apply and set your price within their range and after they hear you and if you fit the roll boom your golden.. the website charges a 20% platform fee to no surprise but theres tons of gigs on there ranging within the triple digits.. but fuck with that 500 i can get this fucking wisdom tooth finally removed thats scraping the inside of my fucking cheek.. idk overall im probably just overthinking it i guess.. 

what do you guys think..? would you cough up the $500, keep the free tier or search other v.o websites..?

That sounds like a scam, even if they are providing you with the licensing for some suite of software there’s no reason for you to come out of pocket like that too much could go wrong.

• Truth 1

7 hours ago, where said:

That sounds like a scam, even if they are providing you with the licensing for some suite of software there’s no reason for you to come out of pocket like that too much could go wrong.

Right. That sounds fucked that they take you for $500 on the front end and then hit you with 20% on the back. After their percentage, you'd more than likely have to land 5 or 6 jobs to break even. 

@Tails0nEI dont know anything about it. I always invest in myself. Even when shit goes sideways, as long as I learn something valuable, its a win.

• Like 1

Drinking espresso. 

The voice thing is interesting, I have had a lot of people tell me that I have a voice for radio when I was younger but since I started moving around the country a little now everyone tells me I have a voice like a foreigner. Which frustrates me a little because I totally do not.

• Like 1

A couple of jobs back I had a co-worker that sounded like Moe from the simpsons, he had been like a merchant marine or something and had all these great stories about his mis-adventures around the world. One of them involved using the corner of a trash bag as a propholactic  to fuck a hooker in an alley of some south east asian city. Unbeknownst to him another coworker was making recordings with his phone, now that would make a great voices.com profile.

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, morton said:

Drinking espresso. 

The voice thing is interesting, I have had a lot of people tell me that I have a voice for radio when I was younger but since I started moving around the country a little now everyone tells me I have a voice like a foreigner. Which frustrates me a little because I totally do not.

You sure they didn’t say face for radio?

• LOL! 1

@morton dude working in the restaurant industry ive literally heard it almost every night to the point where it was kind of annoying.. had two separate people beg me to say "this is CNN" for their colleagues on the phone n shit.. like geez im not just a voice im a person too my dude like im literally standing in front of you trying to clear your fucking table.. the most funny/weirdest thing i was told by some extremely drunk douchebag who was failing super hard at flirting with the hosts.. i came back from showing an older lady where the restrooms were and he just yelled at me without turning around, "doooood you srsly gotta stop talking man.." i got closer and looked at him confused and asked whys that..? "cause yer making mah dick wanna hide inside my asshole! like geez dood what a fawkin voice" i awkwardly walked away and he left.. turns out he kept referring to his penis as the women's rights movement to the hosts but with no punchline... just kept saying it.. weirdest interaction to this day..

anyway yeah the whole $500 shit seems weird to me but then again considering how certain audio software and plugins run for $300-600 as it is i kind of expect it just kinda how it is.. but either way yeah thats a grip and im definitely not trying to drop that amount of cash right now.. did a lil research turns out the company has been interviewed by forbes, the globe and mail along with other news outlets and random places so it seems pretty legit i guess.. plus ive seen some jobs go for $300-$800 and even one that was for $2500 but that was from some high end company and their script is like 6 hours long or so.. BUT, thats if the employer even chooses your voice among the other people who've applied.. i guess it could pay itself off eventually but im just window shopping for now trying to figure out the best way to go about everything.. preferably for free.99

• Like 2