everyday life tips and tricks

morton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I do not doubt that you are being truthful Symbols but at that food budget I have a hard time seeing how you arrive at a balanced, nutritional and varied diet.

That comes out to $1.67 per meal, perhaps there are some regional price differences at play here but such a budget in my neck of the woods would not cut it.

On the subject of saving while working with limited resources, the simple fact of the matter is that when you are poor everything costs more money, not less making savings difficult.

I strive to operate in a defined budget and save aggressively when I can, but there is only so far a person can cut. The big cuts require lifestyle changes but pay off big over time, not owning a car is a good example of such a cut, it can really pay off but is not feasible for everyone.

Not to derail this thread more than it already is, but..

It's about both income and savings which both correlate to your desired quality of life..

Bottom line, you're not going to get "rich" working the counter in a gas station, no matter how much you save.

Trying to make something like that happen is HUSTLING BACKWARDS. It's also a quick way to become completely miserable in life.

The wise man looks at work like stepping stones and acts accordingly..

Like morton sez.. You need to DEFINE your budget and work that plan.

That being said, my tip of the day is:

You gotta eat your food.

You'll never feel rich eating shit

And it's often more important to FEEL rich, than to BE rich by the standard of another

no ones spending, no ones offering

any help, the gap between rich and poor has widened into

a hopeless chasm thats only getting wider and were left over

here scrambling for whatevers left.

this kind of fatalistic thinking pisses me off. do you think people in the depression were whining about conditions or were they on their fucking hustle 24/7 doing what it takes?

The economy is not good now, but the class divide will always exist in this country.

Always has, always will. That is capitalism. The rich capitalizing on the poor.

You can get depressed or you can get some for yourself. You can be optimistic or pessimistic.

There is still much more class mobility in this country than most of the world.

Shit fluctuates, the first shall be last and the last shall be first and shit

man, i dont mean to complain, i guess i am just getting frustrated

with the way things are and if this thread is meant to give a heads

up from the older cats to the younger ones (i consider myself right

in the middle), then what this generation needs to do is wake the

fuck up and start making the right choices, otherwise i feel like

that class divide could become permanent, or something like it.

you said it tho, get up and make it happen, crying about it wont solve a thing.

man, i dont mean to complain, i guess i am just getting frustrated

with the way things are and if this thread is meant to give a heads

up from the older cats to the younger ones (i consider myself right

in the middle), then what this generation needs to do is wake the

fuck up and start making the right choices, otherwise i feel like

that class divide could become permanent, or something like it.

Watch this ish if ya really wanna learn about just how divided the classes are..

http://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact-2?c=fea

I do not doubt that you are being truthful Symbols but at that food budget I have a hard time seeing how you arrive at a balanced, nutritional and varied diet.

That comes out to $1.67 per meal, perhaps there are some regional price differences at play here but such a budget in my neck of the woods would not cut it.

On the subject of saving while working with limited resources, the simple fact of the matter is that when you are poor everything costs more money, not less making savings difficult.

I strive to operate in a defined budget and save aggressively when I can, but there is only so far a person can cut. The big cuts require lifestyle changes but pay off big over time, not owning a car is a good example of such a cut, it can really pay off but is not feasible for everyone.

that's why you make choices that allow you to save the big bucks

like moving to a city where you don't need a car

or getting a job you can walk to.

these things don't just 'happen'

they take years of work to develop.

and i don't care how you analyze my food budget, it's enough to feed me, and feed me well.

maybe you are not realizing, i don't east 3 goddamn meals a day with meat like everyone drills into your skull as some phantom necessity.

maybe people can also grow food.

maybe people can steal shit.

some people dumpster dive, and do it well. (i don't have to steal or dive, but i know how to if i needed it.)

and i don't care how you analyze my food budget, it's enough to feed me, and feed me well.

maybe you are not realizing, i don't east 3 goddamn meals a day with meat like everyone drills into your skull as some phantom necessity.

Haha wow, relax.

Now that my snide remark is out of the way, more detailed insight into your grocery budget could be interesting/helpful for those looking to save a bit.