What book are you reading? Part 20

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I enjoyed grapes of wrath, I think Steinbeck is great at describing things in such detail but doesn't make it boring like some do. I've begun reading 1984, only about a chapter in, it seems a bit slow so far. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

i started 1984 in high school and ended up putting it down half way through cause i thought it was slow, i liked it, but i just wasnt keeping my attention i guess. i still need to finish it haha.

looks like a real page turner... (regarding abcs post)

sedaris is always a good read.

anyone read his latest something about a squirrel or whatnot?

i'm finishing up with the 'girl w/ the dragon tattoo/girl who played with fire/girl who kicked the hornets nest' series.

they're entertainment, but they read like a made for tv movie and there are lots of editing duties that were shirked by somebody, but if you need a good time killing easy read they'll do the job.

Finished in a couple days. Love this kinda shit but they all get pretty redundant for obvious reasons

9780061148064-l.jpg

Should have finished this one but then I got the above book

6a00c2251e48408e1d00cd971ba3784cd5-500pi.jpg

Just borrowed this from a lady friend

20thcenturyghoststpbkfull.jpg

She told me some kid turns into a Locust and kills children then eats his parents Im down

Steven King, Skeleton Crew, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, I'm addicted to the short stories by him, nothing to outright horrifying but it will give you goosebumps no doubt and some still freak me out

yeah, that shit to read before bed then after I turn out the light, I say, 'oh shit, I shouldn't have read about that. Now I can't go to sleep.'

Read anything by Thomas Ligotti if you want to stay up all night and really fuck up your sleep cycle.

Physical copies of a decent portion of his back catalog are hard to come by but Amazon has some used and new of his latest releases

I dled Teattro Grotesco and tat has been a medley of "Stop being so fuckin realistically horrifying" It's all fictitious but he harnesses his own bouts with anxiety/panic attacks which has a way of freezing the reader.