What book are you reading? Part 20

Finished in a couple days. Love this kinda shit but they all get pretty redundant for obvious reasons

9780061148064-l.jpg

good book. you should look into Rat Bastards, or A Criminal and a Irishman, if you haven't already read them.

both authors worked for/with Bulger just like Weeks. i read all 3 of those back to back.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
haven't started it yet, but will soon, and i will let you know how i feel.

please do, i'm curious. but after infinite jest i'm not just going to get it.

its like a roller coaster. Nothing but non stop action. A whirlwind of emotion.

i do not miss textbooks. damn physics might have been the worst but that comp shit looks turrible

I'm looking to read some ghost stories, and I mean some really chilling shit. Preferably a compilation book of many short stories either by the same writer or many writers.

i like Peter Straub.. not outright scary, but chilling.

i haven't read any clive barker, but a few friends love him.

Picked this up out of interest & to see if it's as bad as it's meant to be, somehow managed to get about 80 pages in... Don't think I can handle reading any more of it.

de sade is so overindulgent in the writing style. shit just gets boring after awhile too.

just started

mang, stoopit adolph hitler is another grossly overindulgent writer.. blahblahblah i know it all blahblahablah boring.

I finally picked this up. It starts out with that scene that Donnie Brasco made famous with Vito Rizzuto popping out of the closet with his buddies and blasting those dudes from the Bonanno family.

vito6th.jpg

*It hasn't been revised since 2008. Since then, Vito's dad got sniped in his kitchen, the son went missing from his car at a stop sign, and the grandson is locked up, if I am correct.

in the spirirt of preserving history i was going to steal this book the other day, because i stole On Bullshit like 5 years ago. these days im not so pro theft, but it was from Barnes & Nobles and they wanted 15 bucks for this little 70 page fucker, which is more like 30 if printed like a normal sized book, and back then On Bullshit was like 8 bucks. so fuck that. i've bought far more books worthy of 15 dollars that this would have been. only because its such a quick read.. but some dungeon and dragons looking ass dude was eye balling me the whole time i was there, so i sat down in front of him, read it, and put it back..

4142BMRSX7L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

/coolstorybr0.

iji.jpg

currently powering through this^

and symbols, i'll let you know once i get around to it, i'm trying to run through the above book along with about 2000 pages of fantasy before the next book in a series i'm reading is released, so it'll be maybe a month or so.

Oh, and this...

cryptonomicon.jpg

I've not got into it properly yet but I'm liking it so far.

Let me know if this is worth the read.

I was just remembering his Diamond Age book and how that Primer device and Ipad are so much alike.

Will do IOU. I've not read anything by him before. It's not strictly my cup of tea. I'm reading it on a recommendation, but I'll let you know when I'm done innit.

Serial Killers - the method and madness of monsters by Peter Vronsky

Serial-Killers.jpg

Just ordered it from Amazon based on this line..."Vronsky not only offers sound theories on what makes a serial killer, but also provides concrete suggestions on how to survive an encounter with one". Cheers t(0.o).

is that one of the books that the show Game of Thrones is based off?

Yes, although the 10 episodes they're contracted to do now are more or less only based on the first book. If the show gets renewed for more seasons, the next one is supposed to cover the second book (A Clash of Kings).

Also, that serial killers book looks interesting.

My bud told me bout that shit. Gunna have to check it out

I can't seem to finish Confederacy of Dunces I keep purchasing new books just got

603-1.jpg

If you've seen High Tension you have seen a good but not as good film rendition

and

x30939.jpg

I suggest any one that is into horror or any sort of mind altering writings scoop up anything by Thomas Ligotti. The Master of fucked up hands down.

If I start reading these George R. R. Martin books is it gonna ruin the show for me?

i've read the books and i still love the show. it may help to a degree actually, as you'll better understand relationships between some of the characters.

the only thing it will ruin is that you'll know what happens before you watch the show.