The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Isn’t that why Corona always taste like shit and Heineken is always skunky….? Bc of the light transfer through the clear bottles and green bottles. That’s what I have always heard.

Idk I heard some beer snob guy telling me of this and why canned beer in the special cans is better, well then explain to me why any beer and I mean any tastes better on tap and poured into my growler. 

Feel like cans ruin the taste even the hoidy toidy pinky out fancy shmances.

Not convinced.

• Truth 1

I can vouch for that,   my pitchers have been tasteful. 

In my case, a pack of beer must come inside a sealed box besides the handles,  disburse them into the bottom drawer for minimal light, when I'm ready,  I pop one open, drink, 2 mins later, beer goes flat and that taste I swear to you, it went from cold to hot to cold behind your back, and we all know that taste........... my beer lately.

13 hours ago, LUGR said:

Isn’t that why Corona always taste like shit and Heineken is always skunky….? Bc of the light transfer through the clear bottles and green bottles. That’s what I have always heard.

I’ve heard this about the Czechs and their bottled beer. Everything in a bottle is green or brown.  Drinking out of a can is also looked down upon. Probably doesn’t apply for the craft guys anymore. 
same goes for Germans too. Nothing is in a clear bottle

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LUGR said:

Corona tastes like shit because Modelo is King. Heineken gets its skunkieness from UV light affecting the hops they use. The uv rays break up acids resulting in what’s left to attach to sulfer proteins which produces the skunk smell; scientists have looked into the compound and it actually is set up with the structure of a skunks defense spray. The green bottle thing is iffy because brown does protect from skunking better than green. I’m pretty sure Heineken has it in their process to skunk it. I used to just drink Heineken because it was a nice beer to drink while smoking some nice buds. 

I wanted to start brewing small batch beer this year but I am on my journey of no alcohol now. Maybe I will and gift it, and produce a 0 alc batch for myself. 

• Props 1

2 hours ago, IdleHandz said:

Corona tastes like shit because Modelo is King. Heineken gets its skunkieness from UV light affecting the hops they use. The uv rays break up acids resulting in what’s left to attach to sulfer proteins which produces the skunk smell; scientists have looked into the compound and it actually is set up with the structure of a skunks defense spray. The green bottle thing is iffy because brown does protect from skunking better than green. I’m pretty sure Heineken has it in their process to skunk it. I used to just drink Heineken because it was a nice beer to drink while smoking some nice buds. 

I wanted to start brewing small batch beer this year but I am on my journey of no alcohol now. Maybe I will and gift it, and produce a 0 alc batch for myself. 

drink the skunk while smoking the skunk….nize

brewing beer is such a pain in the ass

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LUGR said:

drink the skunk while smoking the skunk….nize

brewing beer is such a pain in the ass

Yeah this was around 11 years ago, a nice cheese or skunk nug was the key to my heart.

Have you brewed before? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cancelculttourist said:

Idk I heard some beer snob guy telling me of this and why canned beer in the special cans is better, well then explain to me why any beer and I mean any tastes better on tap and poured into my growler. 

Feel like cans ruin the taste even the hoidy toidy pinky out fancy shmances.

Not convinced.

tap is from a can. A larger can

• Truth 1

6 hours ago, Media One said:

I’ve heard this about the Czechs and their bottled beer. Everything in a bottle is green or brown.  Drinking out of a can is also looked down upon. Probably doesn’t apply for the craft guys anymore. 
same goes for Germans too. Nothing is in a clear bottle

Most beer I drink is from a can. However, I always pour it into a glass from which then I drink it. Unless I'm driving at the time, then it's from the can. Then I just toss it out the window and it doesn't shatter and fck up bicycle tires

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

10 hours ago, IdleHandz said:

Have you brewed before? 

I know a person that makes their own beer and alcohol.  He always tells me the process,  main idea is to extract stuff that takes hours and somewhat special equipment,  sounds easy tho.

I never had homemade moonshine or beer, other people that tried it say it tastes bomb from the person.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IdleHandz said:

Yeah this was around 11 years ago, a nice cheese or skunk nug was the key to my heart.

Have you brewed before? 

Yeah, I have. Beer and wine. My dad was heavy into it. He made beer, wine and had a still to make the hard stuff. It’s a lot of work. Much easier to go to the store and buy some. We both don’t drink alcohol anymore.

edit*

I am not trying to discourage you from trying it if you are into it. It is fun to try something you have made. I’m just not into it anymore.

• Like 3
  • Props 1

3 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

@cancelculttourist yeah there is usually .05% which really doesnt do shit - at the height of my drinking i was easy 20+ drinks a day.

Yeesh,

If I drink more then three it's rare.

I've had the NA beer it definitely still has the relaxing calming effect of a beer, pretty much only reason I drink any beer is little relaxation before bed.

Back in 1665, the local Tailor in Eyam received some cloth from London contaminated with fleas carrying the plague. The village decided to quarantine itself and got by through people leaving goods on rocks outside the main village. The coins were placed in vinegar to kill any bacteria and you can still find the holes today. 
Today they make imperial stouts. 

IMG_2215.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Props 1