The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

nothing fancy mostly bought because i like korean beer and i liked the label.

IMG_7691.thumb.jpg.6df8cedafb4346d0a74d79197a637fb2.jpg

light but deceptively strong.

good beer to drink while you watch the kids in the backyard pool 

You want to hear something spooky….?

While I was writing that hating ass comment towards Korean beer, I was thinking how the can art reminds me of a War album cover but was too lazy to go grab a flick of it. Went over to YouTube and the first video recommended was that album!?

C16DC63A-96C0-43F3-A7BF-FE167767BAC9.thumb.png.c0204ae1473bb6f0d4608d6cec0bceb5.png

82D6B3C5-5D8D-4C7B-8721-42091D49E2C0.gif.edc12628397d523a24b865fcad08247d.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Media One said:

An ice cold efes with a kebab on a sunny day is a beautiful thing @Schnitzel

In Turkey yes but the context adds a lot to it.

Turkey might not be a great example because I drank a lot of efes while Iwas there.

Can I say India doesn't necessarily make great beer.

17 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Hite might be the only Korean beer I've had but it stands out as pure garbage.  Like it was brewed using puddle water.

Gonna have to try some more of it.

You've got me concerned - maybe  like the Efes above the context adds to it.

Drank it in Korea

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

In Turkey yes but the context adds a lot to it.

Turkey might not be a great example because I drank a lot of efes while Iwas there.

Can I say India doesn't necessarily make great beer.

Gonna have to try some more of it.

You've got me concerned - maybe  like the Efes above the context adds to it.

Drank it in Korea

Efes is not great beer. All Indian beer I have had had is not great either. But they are all acceptably not great. All Korean beer I have sampled was disappointingly not acceptable. My theory that I developed back in 2003-04 is that they based their beers off of Budweiser which lead to a watery version of it. This theory is not based on anything except my impression of the export Korean beers I have sampled.

A couple of the last Indian beers I sampled.

6736A650-2F2A-4326-BFC2-0460E4C03698.webp

319FD414-B2C6-4F9F-9B2D-ACA46546C0DC.jpeg

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Media One said:

3 sons brewery from Florida. We seem to be getting a lot of people visiting from across the pond recently. This just proves America has ipas on point without having to try hard. 

IMG_0895.jpeg

Oh shoot that reminds me, we have a brewer here called Trial & Ale that does mixed fermentation.  I know they have partnered with some UK brewers and they have product over there, highly recommend you give them a shot if you come across them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Media One said:

Beautiful beer. Shame the guy who runs it can be a bit of an arsehole sometimes 

I seemed to remember that you had nothing good to say about the guy or his place.  I don't like everything they make but a few feel like old classics to me.  

It can sometimes suck when someone is an asshole but they do something well that you like/want.

• Like 1

I appreciate a good label and have bought beers before to save the can/bottle for the subject matter.  I do have a collection of railroad and wildlife related ones, for example.

In terms of buying beer to drink, it's more like looking at one of those hidden image pictures where I just have to relax my eyes and kind of ignore the labels in selecting a beer.  Here, brewing has exploded in the past decade.  Most brands try to have eye catching labels with cool art, and a cool label does not necessarily equate to a good beer.  Sometimes I'm also like, just tell me what the fuck is in the can, like if I can't quickly tell the style of beer I'm moving on and ignoring it.  Much of what I see out there today is either IPA, DIPA, or Pale Ale, and I'm more interested in other styles.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

7 hours ago, Media One said:

Beer for the new page. 
What is everyone’s thoughts on beer artwork, I like to think I’m a never judge a book by its cover type of person but I do fall for some of the fancy can art sometimes. 
black iris just have the same guy do every design for their beers and I respect that

That Krampus handling an upright labeling is good. The first time I've seen that. Like @One Man Bannedsays I'll buy it for the contents. No IPA. Porter Stouts with no higher than 8% ABV I  like

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Covid killed this great pub. It’s built into caves so you can sit and Go to the toilet in a cave basically. They’re Sunday roasts were the best in the city too.

Apparently it used to be owned by some footballers who used to sit upstairs going all scarface with piles of coke. 

It’s back again however. Sadly, the pint was on the turn and tasted shite. Let’s hope this was a one off. 

IMG_1350.jpeg

IMG_1351.jpeg

• Like 4