The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/20/2024 at 11:16 AM, Media One said:

Back in 1665, the local Tailor in Eyam received some cloth from London contaminated with fleas carrying the plague. The village decided to quarantine itself and got by through people leaving goods on rocks outside the main village. The coins were placed in vinegar to kill any bacteria and you can still find the holes today. 
Today they make imperial stouts. 

IMG_2215.jpeg

Interesting history of Eyam

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

24 minutes ago, metronome said:

Was it the smoky whisky on that cask that ruined the Innis & Gunn?  I haven't had one in a while but their rum barrel stuff is usually pretty nice. 

Tasted like they’d chucked a random whiskey where the ice had melted into a crap stout.

I’ve had whiskey barrel aged stouts before which were great but this felt half arsed

Edited by Media One
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Media One said:

Tasted like they’d chucked a random whiskey where the ice had melted into a crap stout.

I’ve had whiskey barrel aged stouts before which were great but this felt half arsed

Good to see I didn't waste my time.  I've seen the brand around but have always passed on it for other things.

• Like 1