The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

i had the left handed oktoberfest and hated it. left a bad taste in my mouth.

there are others that i haven't tried but i'm a bit leary.

i've been drinking alot of victory stuff lately. the prima pils is damn good.

i can't get enough hops. to the point where things that don't have hops taste weird to me.

i always have to start out on low hops beers and work my way up throughout the night.

get ithica's flower power...by the end of your night I guess.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt the same way with the ranger ipa, but, after recently experiencing their triple - I'd disagree.

I DO love me some triple though.

—-------

In other news... i've been enjoying Mikkeller's "It's Alive" - good stuff, real dry & very bitter with a strong funk (for lack of better word). Struck me as strange to begin with, but i find myself craving it now. I'd love to hear what someone else thinks of it.

*edit. Short - it's just called Tripple, as far as I know

I felt the same way with the ranger ipa, but, after recently experiencing their triple - I'd disagree.

I DO love me some triple though.

—-------

In other news... i've been enjoying Mikkeller's "It's Alive" - good stuff, real dry & very bitter with a strong funk (for lack of better word). Struck me as strange to begin with, but i find myself craving it now. I'd love to hear what someone else thinks of it.

*edit. Short - it's just called Tripple, as far as I know

Triple is on point for sure!

a Huge 64oz sangria for the lady & a Sam Adams draft for $2.50 keep the glass $2.00 refills, I love out of town drinking.

IMG_20100901_213843.jpg.6eea6b514c439e55b70c7b60db0d8c3d.jpg

if you can find it, and i seriously suggest you try, get the old crustacean barley wine. there are still 2008 and 2009's floating around.

the 2008 is fucking prime right now. DO IT. also worth the 20 spot.

I had two of these, but one I idiotically opened on a really warm day and couldn't finish it.

Still have one left, but I'm waiting till late fall or winter.

Edit: anyone have any suggestions for sour beers? The (now) local pub&brewery has a flemish red sour that I can't get enough of, but the only bottled sour I know of is Zuur.

OmmegangZuur.jpg

I had two of these, but one I idiotically opened on a really warm day and couldn't finish it.

Still have one left, but I'm waiting till late fall or winter.

Edit: anyone have any suggestions for sour beers? The (now) local pub&brewery has a flemish red sour that I can't get enough of, but the only bottled sour I know of is Zuur.

Cuvee de Ranke

Duchesse de Bourgogne

Kriek de Ranke

Any sour by russian river.

I used to drink a lot more sours when I was in CA, but here in texas, not the easiest to come by.

thanks I'll give left hand stuff another try.

currently they have that 400 pound monkey?

thoughts on that one?

i'll ask him to get the milk stout

i looked up that ithica's flower power, it looks like a NY brew, very few east coast beers get to the midwest, same with alot of cali stuff.