Driving

Overtime

Can ya drive a stick shift  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My pops , in one of his few and far between moments of responsability, made me learn to drive a stick with no power steering as my first car... 87 Toyota pickup

It was such a pain in the ass at the time, but Im glad I spent time with that stripped down ride, because I can drive damn near anything now...

But I never drive, since I havnt had a license since 02 and have been convicted of it 7 times, and Jon Law is starting to take it slightly seriously now...

If anyone remembers my threads about my driving history, they'll understand that I'll be the first to actually get into a discussion about people and their cars.

But this isn't a thread about cars, or fun of driving. This is some seventeen year old bragging about how he can do something his friends can't because they've all got better things to do/too lazy and have no desire to learn how to drive a manual.

Reality is by the time everyone's 20, everyone and I mean fucking everyone knows how to drive a stick, so enjoy it while you can. I learned when I was seventeen in some german tourist chick's rental Suzuki Vitara in Santiago de Cuba durng a rum run at four in the morning. This drunk chick threw me the keys and had her younger sister (closer to my age) accompany me, so I couldnt exactly say I didnt know how to drive. Let's take a poll and see how many people's drivers ed experiences stack up to that.

On second thought, lets just talk about how fucking awesome Cuba is.

If anyone remembers my threads about my driving history, they'll understand that I'll be the first to actually get into a discussion about people and their cars.

But this isn't a thread about cars, or fun of driving. This is some seventeen year old bragging about how he can do something his friends can't because they've all got better things to do/too lazy and have no desire to learn how to drive a manual.

Reality is by the time everyone's 20, everyone and I mean fucking everyone knows how to drive a stick, so enjoy it while you can. I learned when I was seventeen in some german tourist chick's rental Suzuki Vitara in Santiago de Cuba durng a rum run at four in the morning. This drunk chick threw me the keys and had her younger sister (closer to my age) accompany me, so I couldnt exactly say I didnt know how to drive. Let's take a poll and see how many people's drivers ed experiences stack up to that.

im not 17, im not bragging cuz i can drive a stick

reality, this is america, home of the laziest people ever, so i was fucking curious.

Shits not cool when you're out and you find out your dude cant drive a stick when you gettin chased, that sucks.

The reason for Americans doing shit can't be "laziness" every fucking time. There's just no reason to drive a stick. People in america live in the suburbs and commute on big fat four-lane freeways in stop and go traffic for half of their lives, so they want a bigass car they can live in and a smooth automatic transmission they dont need to fuck with. It's a livestyle.

I just like to ride a motorcycle at 80 mph right between them.

Driving a manual is the easiest shit in the world to do, but unless its a ferrari the throttle is slow the flywheel is heavy and unless you're cool with the gas mileage you get by double clutching the gears it's gonna be a rough ride.

I will only drive stick. I get confused when I step into an automatic and slam my foot on the floor where the clutch is supposed to be.

Best thing in the world is my Explorer its a manual tranny (no shemale) soooo bad ass going off roading with that bitch is the shit!!!

My pops , in one of his few and far between moments of responsability, made me learn to drive a stick with no power steering as my first car... 87 Toyota pickup

It was such a pain in the ass at the time, but Im glad I spent time with that stripped down ride, because I can drive damn near anything now...

exactly my dad did the same thing... a lifted 87 ford 150 with no power steering and standard..i wanted to cry at the time haha i could barely turn it

I learned when I was 30.

I bought a manual, read how to drive it online, then drove off the lot for my first time ever.

Never knew anyone with a manual, never driven a manual before.

Manual transmissions are not practical/popular in Chicago.

Nobody rents manuals (USA) for you to learn, driving schools refuse to chew up their own cars, so they don't teach it.

How does one learn unless your family or friends had a beater you can practice on?!

Driving a manual is the easiest shit in the world to do, but unless its a ferrari the throttle is slow the flywheel is heavy and unless you're cool with the gas mileage you get by double clutching the gears it's gonna be a rough ride.

You must have been driving some shitty gearboxes in your time.

You DO get better gas mileage by driving a standard. I've never driven a car with noticeably "slow throttle" or "heavy flywheel". and when im driving on the daily I dont need to "double clutch" any gears because of this invention called syncros. Even my early 90s Ford Festiva had a modern day gearbox. I've never heard anyone complain of a rough ride.

Maybe if your driving a 30+ year old big rig? But double clutching isn't a necessity anymore.

My first car was the only auto car I owned and I'd never go back to driving an auto.

Auto cars and drive-by-wire cars are the ones with the delays and slow throttle. Waiting for it to shift, etc. Standard cars let you have the control over the engine. Stomp the gas, the butterfly opens and you go. Auto cars: stomp the gas, ECU takes a moment to realize and adjust the gear, electronic throttle opens, af ratio is adjusted to try and save some gas mileage, and then you go.

How many of you have driven a Rotary Engine Before? I bet not a whole lot.

I hate moving trailers cus the stick is freaking long /no homo.

When it comes to snow, stick is the way to go, much more fun. Hitting the ebrake and shit, shiftin, fun fun.

my first stick was a tracktor, easy to learn, then for a car, it was.....

1993-97-Mazda-626-94807061000301.jpg

Mazda 626