The "Your Day in Pies" Photothread (non artistic)

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

Update on that bear: he is known to locals as Toby, he's about 20 years old, and 600 pounds... the homeowner I'm working for has beef with the neighbor that feeds Toby breakfast most mornings...

I'd probably have beef too, last thing you want in the neighborhood is a 600 pound bear that's lost it's fear of humans. I get people enjoying wildlife, and loving animals, but by feeding that bear he's basically sealed it's fate.

Edited by Mercer
  • Truth 3

My fiancée’s hometown is named after a Frenchman who was mauled by a grizzly bear in the 1800’s , she sent me this (sorry for crappy photo) a few months ago . 

This shit happens a lot , I’ve seen one going full speed up a mountain while I was grabbing eggs from the coop . Raw power

Bear on the porch + bear scoping out the porch .

BAB15B1D-E21E-4D19-B95A-1827FF35E683.jpeg

687F4977-BA7A-4116-940B-8596F4BAF50D.jpeg

I use my beer brewing kit so I can keep the temp within 1 degree of target range.

Regards caramelisation of the meat, fo sho. Has to be slightly charred, which is why I will chuck them on the BBQ for a minute either side on super-high heat before serving. This time it was done in a cast iron pan as it was cold out tonight.

Edited by Hua Guofang

On 8/24/2018 at 1:18 PM, Fist 666 said:

Update on that bear: he is known to locals as Toby, he's about 20 years old, and 600 pounds... the homeowner I'm working for has beef with the neighbor that feeds Toby breakfast most mornings...

Hope they don't have to find out what happens when you break the routine of that.  Big bear's gonna let you know.  

• Truth 2

Just after dawn a doe gets ready to lead 2 fawns into the woods, you can only see one here.

Some true wildlife comments above.  I post a lot of wildlife and was thinking to make the disclaimer for those who may not know that there some standards and rules for living among, viewing, and photographing wildlife, and I try to stick closely to those.  I've been lucky at times that being in the woods and fields that some of the wildlife have developed a familiarity where we pass each other by within 10 or 12 feet of each other like animals might do, there's really no need to feed an animal to enjoy them up close.

IMG_7923 copy.JPG

• Like 2

About 6 months ago I went to a volunteer orientation for LA Animal Services and filled out an application to become a volunteer. After months of waiting I was finally approved! Today was my first day yay! Now the heart wrenching hard work will start. It’s going to be difficult detaching my emotions and especially hard to pretend to not judge and talk shit to those coming in to surrender their dogs for bullshit reasons. 

On that note, please people spay/neuter your pets and PLEASE rescue/adopt your next pet.

#adoptdontshop

A28D55F7-2BDA-4FC3-B0E3-4FC59D4076E3.png

• Props 3

Madness to think of bears that big roaming about! Encountered one in Brasov in Romania in 05. I was walking home drunk and it was tearing up some bins across the road. It growled and I sobered right the fuck up instantly. It was a European black bear and that was big enough for me. Fuck having some giant 600 pounder roaming about

Saw this fella outside the pub last night on way to dinner. Not a bear regardless what tourists think. 

404C544B-D739-4385-A241-E9D71C30EECE.thumb.jpeg.b1169d91f7b7b4fc9ad318274e4d09ea.jpeg5EE12DD9-7C95-4A29-BB5A-6A518CBDEE55.thumb.jpeg.8d78f8462c986af5abcce9df632a9991.jpeg

Then a few minutes after dinner when we we we we were driving home notice a Jeep Cherokee roaring up behind us with two cop cars following. Pulled over and they all roared past me so fast then the Cherokee did a snappy right turn after the railway crossing that threw off cop 1 but cop 2 took off after him. Cool story br0.

no pics due to trying to not get crashed into

685A01A2-BF23-46FF-93EE-DA21DE0EA4C7.jpeg

• Like 3

Cooking some kabobs and steak for my mom's birthday. And caught a few shows on saturday. Waco Brothers and guided by voices were the block party highlights. Then I capped my night off at a random bar that was having some hip hop. Well I really wouldn't call it hip hop but whatever it was free entertainment. Good times

20180826_172147_HDR.jpg

20180826_165512.jpg

20180826_164938.jpg

20180825_192939.jpg

• Props 2