MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

d4cf3a40.jpg

Typical deco stash wit a couple On the runs, Sakura solid sticks and a jumbo solid on the side...

Junobo hasn't lived up to my expectations but good to have something for rough ass surfaces.. Sakura paint sticks are nice, write bright n smoothly on just about any surface and withstand most conditions..OTR Cold Sweat black bitumen hard-to-buff is my baby though... Nice thick and smooth and that shit stands up to its name nicely

• 4 weeks later...

A few months ago, I bought a Uni-Wide and so far I don't know what to think. I bought some Black Label ink with it, which supposedly "flows through all markers". I know how to take out the tip and re-insert it and everything and I know how to fill it also. But, when I flood the marker with ink as I''ve always heard you're supposed to (I actually messed up and the whole outside of the body is stained with ink now) it's pretty much useless. I squeeze it to the point of the tip dripping and I've also squeezed some ink onto the tip also, but when I write it's always really streaky or looks like it's almost out of ink after a few tags. I've seen old flicks from the insides of subways and the tags look good, they look juicy and not streaky at all. Is it the ink, or am I filling the marker wrong, or something else? Any help with this would be appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I've been out of the game for a long time. I went to Office Depot the other day to restock on White Out pens and noticed that Sharpie has changed the Magnum to a ney body type. Has anyone fucked with this yet? You can take the nib off and refill it like a Pilot Jumbo and it doesn't look like it would be as streaky and shitty as it was before. I haven't had time to fuck with it yet, but was curious to know what others experiences with it have been.

This marsh 99 markers, they look dope, never used one, i was wondering where i can get one? You know cuz the writers back then would use this, but where they got it from? Any ideas ? No art primo and bullshit, thats too expensive, im lookin for a place where i could bargain with the clerk for a lower price if u get my drift.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've got this "Glass Chalk" sponge marker, and I'm wondering if anyone has tips onto making this into a drip-mop. I will probably end up completely replacing the nib, and if anyone has tips on making one of those that works well with homemade ink(the kind made from pen ink), that would be cool.

tumblr_m7e10oFtxS1ryt3g8o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7e10oFtxS1ryt3g8o2_1280.jpg

Also, I've got this "Scotch 2-way Glue Applicator". I'm thinking that I can use this as a tiny marker for tagging, also filling it with homemade ink. It has another tip, it's a small, red pen tip. I'm thinking that I can completely take that tip off and leave the cap that covers it on, making more room for ink, and taping it up to prevent leaking. There's a photo of the felt nib that I would use, if it works.

tumblr_m7e10oFtxS1ryt3g8o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7e10oFtxS1ryt3g8o4_1280.jpg

If anyone has tried using either of these and knows, let me know. Unless you've got some useful information on this for me, and others that might be interested, I don't give a shit. Keep that "toy" nonsense to yourselves.

Thanks.

-SXWND

• 5 weeks later...

2 things,

nice homemade mop mix/body recipe-

you will need-

-One bingo dabber, (the long squeezy kind)

-one bottle of acrylic paint(any colour will do)

-a can of either white or black spray paint (to tint colour to your liking and for hold)

-a screwdriver

-brake fluid

-a bit of paint thinner

take the top off the bingo dabber and drain the shitty dollar store ink (or keep it whatever floats your boat) then with the screwdriver take out the spring in the nib.

fill that shit 2/6 with your acrilic paint

then 1/6 brake fluid

then 1/6 of the white or black paint

then thin it with your thinner, you can do 2/6 or 1/6 and add another sixth of paint its up to you.

and then close it all up and electrical tape that piece

youve got a nice drippy and custom coloured mop! dont be afraid to mix some colours but if you dont know what your doing look at a coloor wheel first :P

NEXT QUESTION!

I recently got a GROG metalhead marker (similar to a dalo but refillable)

has anyone tried putting tremclad bucket paint in here? looks like it would work.

if not what are some custom fills that work well with a metal tipped marker?

thanks, -Ceper0ne

You will not need any brake fluid....ever.

Unless you need it for your car.

i found it helps it stick, ive tried it with and without and without it the acrlilic just peels off.

but its up to you it still makes a really nice mop.

• Like 1

Hi, I've got this "Glass Chalk" sponge marker, and I'm wondering if anyone has tips onto making this into a drip-mop. I will probably end up completely replacing the nib, and if anyone has tips on making one of those that works well with homemade ink(the kind made from pen ink), that would be cool.

tumblr_m7e10oFtxS1ryt3g8o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7e10oFtxS1ryt3g8o2_1280.jpg

Also, I've got this "Scotch 2-way Glue Applicator". I'm thinking that I can use this as a tiny marker for tagging, also filling it with homemade ink. It has another tip, it's a small, red pen tip. I'm thinking that I can completely take that tip off and leave the cap that covers it on, making more room for ink, and taping it up to prevent leaking. There's a photo of the felt nib that I would use, if it works.

tumblr_m7e10oFtxS1ryt3g8o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7e10oFtxS1ryt3g8o4_1280.jpg

If anyone has tried using either of these and knows, let me know. Unless you've got some useful information on this for me, and others that might be interested, I don't give a shit. Keep that "toy" nonsense to yourselves.

Thanks.

-SXWND

there is a mop out called a mini crucher . the nib for that would work great on that . and its only a 1.99 all day . buy 3 or 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Mio Mop

What you need:

-mio or crystal light water enhancer

-felt from chalkboard eraser

-scissors

-hot glue & gun or lighter

-electrical tape

-paint/ink or your choice

Where to start:

First decide which body type you will use. You can grab these at any supermarket.

img03901p.jpg

Once you have emptied it, open it up by removing the rapper and twisting the cap 90* then pop off the top.

Using scissors, poke out the center of the cap.

Stick your scissors through the hole again and turn them untill you have whittled away the plastic. remove plastic until the red line.

img0392ps.jpg

Now, remove the tiny plastic support at the top of the cap. The cap should now look like this:

img0395ju.jpg

img0395h.th.JPG

img0395h.th.JPG

Now, place hot glue around the rim of the very top cap on hinges and hold it closed. once sealed, wrap around the seam with electrical tape. Shortly hold the wrapped cap over a lighter just until the glue is soft enough to form by pushing through the tape. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MELT TAPE. your cap should now be airtight.

Now for the nib. I used a 2 inch strip of felt, folded in quarters as my nib. To prevent the nib from being pushed into the bottle, i used a small piece of steel wire to bridge the opening.

img0400vc.jpg

Before you push the nib in, fill the body with 2/3 - 3/4 of the paint or ink of your choice.

img0403g.jpg

Now you have a finished mop. Be careful with this as squeezing can pop out the nib if the paint is to thick or to thin and it will pour all over. ALWAYS CARRY IN A PLASTIC BAG!!

• Like 1