MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
i have a molotow marker and would like to know what kind of home made ink i can use to refill it

What kind of molotow marker was it? Paint or ink? Pump action or mop? If you want a paint mixture, you should go with a half thinner/half rusto paint mixture, because typically those markers don't have that great of flow. If you want ink, look up "pen ink recipe" in this thread and follow any of the recipes that show up. Or go to your local art store and rack some pilot ink... Most underrated out of the easiest attainable inks. Good luck

What kind of molotow marker was it? Paint or ink? Pump action or mop? If you want a paint mixture, you should go with a half thinner/half rusto paint mixture, because typically those markers don't have that great of flow. If you want ink, look up "pen ink recipe" in this thread and follow any of the recipes that show up. Or go to your local art store and rack some pilot ink... Most underrated out of the easiest attainable inks. Good luck

thank you . its not a pump . i am sure that the pilot ink will work . thank you again

Does anyone know a good site, preferably run in the US, that sells touch brush twin markers? I haven't been able to find them anywhere thus far except a few on ebay and some sold individually. I'm really just looking for the sets as I used a few of my friend's in Germany last month and loved the things. Any help is appreciated.

twin touch shinhan markers? http://www.refuelled.com there us based but its not exactly cheap for the markers but you get good quality for what you pay for.

Yea that's them, thanks. I've had a few in my day and really like the brush ones for blending. That said I recently picked up a pack of Alpha design markers and was wondering if anyone had opinions on them. I just bought a primary 12 pack and the colors seem to blend damn near perfectly. Some of the easist markers to blend with that I've used to date, was thinking about buying more of them but was wondering if anyone else had an opinion.

Moreover, I also picked up a 12 pack primary of OTR markers. I confess that at first I loved the damn things because of how bright some of their colors are, but as soon as I tried to use them in a blending scenario I was disappointed. In contrast to the Alphas I don't think I've ever had a marker that blended worse than the OTRs (at least not one marketed as a design marker). I work wet most of the time and was really quite surprised at how much I had to force the blends. Not saying that OTR markers can't be good blending markers, just saying that I was surprised at the effort it took to get a half decent blend with them.

Lastly, to contribute a tip of sorts: many people like to use the colorless blender markers, I've personally always felt this provided a good effect but not a great effect. In my experience it's always best to work wet and do blends as fast/accurately as possible using just the markers involved (sometimes working with a different lighter/darker color can help though). However, my suggestion is to try taking a dried up marker (prisma preferrably, ideally one that has a fresh nib with no ink) and dip it in a small amount of thinner to blend more difficult gradients. I find this works much better than the blender marker but it could just be my technique.

yeah i never got along with the otr markers as they just dont last very long, arent very good value for money and do the job half as well as even the worst of the design marker brands out there, i usally just go for letraset, copic and shinhan even if they do cost a lot you get quality for the money. you tried the royal sovereign magic markers? i keep seeing them about but cant rack any to test.

Wrap a square of t-shirt fabric around

the nib and rubber band it down... kinda

snug. Makes your nib last forever. I will

post a flick of mine later. The t-shirt

material is cheap, available, and it lets

you mark on rough porous surfaces that

would normally destroy the foam nib.

Good luck...

made some chapstick markers the other day when i was bored pretty easy and write well. re-filled my k-71, best thing ever at least this time its actually full

i know they aren't ment to be refillable but is it possible to somehow remove the nib and valve parts to refill a k-42 the metal bodied ones, with out destroying it??