MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So I made my first mop, a travel size shampoo thing with a piece of sock as the nib it works decent for a first timer, but I have a few questions.... Should I make the nib rolled up really tight or keep it looser? What do u prefer for a nib?

I'm sorry tuco but ur worthless, just trying to get more posts or something cause ur always posting, but it's never useful.... Eitheir help or don't...

Stamp cleaner mops are smaller and have a very different kind of nib than a kiwi. Though, I use them very often. They're easier to carry, less messy, and a lot better with inks. I typically use my kiwi-type mops with paint.

Here is a stamp cleaner mop:

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.83361874.jpg

Kiwi mops are great still, though. If you're worried about the nib durability, take an old piece of t-shirt or cloth, and secure it around the nib with a rubber band. It increases the durability greatly.

^^^

Edit again, anyone have the full collection of these sets of pictures, used to be in here when this thread started

They were shot by Angela Boatwright for Mass Appeal Magazine labeled "NY Graffiti Markers"

But IDK Which Mass Appeal, don't feel like looking through them all, and was curious if anyone had em or knew which issue

From a few pages back...

• 2 weeks later...

im bout to drop some knowledge on yall to save yall some trial nd error shit 5s.

i fully understand those financially unable to drop a few bucks on graff supplies, but if you got the money then this is the way to go. aint no 2 ways about it these are the best out there right now.

http://www.illadelstylez.com/graffiti_shop/empty-slimline-mop-p-243.html

slimline mop, 2 bucks, dopest empty ive ever bought. perfect size line and perfect drips everytime with no squeeze once the nib is broken in a bit.

http://www.illadelstylez.com/graffiti_shop/empty-mini-mop-p-247.html

empty mini mop, 3 bucks. hold a decent amount of ink and never disappoints.

buy about 5 extra nibs though, as they can rip pretty easily. they WILL still write fine with a shredded or even completely gone nib, the lines will just be rough around the edges. take notes kids.