MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Lettme put it like this... So i make the mop, and the lines just are not that opaque, they are more of streaks... Make thicker ink, loser nib, or maybe both? I think its the nib, not flowing enough, but it always seems like if u make the nib to lose though it might fall into the mop(while writing with it) or come out while squeezin it

Lettme put it like this... So i make the mop, and the lines just are not that opaque, they are more of streaks... Make thicker ink, loser nib, or maybe both? I think its the nib, not flowing enough, but it always seems like if u make the nib to lose though it might fall into the mop(while writing with it) or come out while squeezin it

What kind of nib are you using? What kind of ink/paint are you using? What kind of mop are you using?

If you're getting streaks, your ink/paint is too thick for the nib/mop you're using. It's that simple.

A good tip is if you're using a nib from say, a chalkboard eraser, poke holes in it with a nail or a pin. That always does the trick to open up the flow for me.

hey I'm new to this site so i don't know if this question's already been asked, but i don't know what to search for so there's not a lot i can do. Anyways, my question is this: I occasionally see tags and monikers and whatnot done in some kind of 3-dimensional paint. It sticks out like half an inch at most, looks permanent, I've seen it in black mostly. So what the hell is that? some kind of construction marker? glue? something you melt? Where can i get that and can you make it?

Help would be appreciated, no one else i ask knows what I'm talking about.

cheers

-iTch-

^ I know there are. But I was making a totally different point to what youre saying.

Im saying that Goodness knows what stuff they put in those pens therefore I called them industrial...

Theyre not buff proof because theyre paint... If they dont fade, Im happy with it :D

theyre extremely hard to buff.

youll need a chisel to get the paint off cuz it dries 3d.

i got 15 in the post for free ;)

thanks guys, I've been wonderin about that shit for a long time. Looks like a lot of sites have them too, I doubt art stores would though. Maybe some kind of special order hardware store or a construction retail store or something. Now to get my hands on one...

checked today, they didn't have any. I imagine it would be just about the same everywhere. I looked online, they seem to be around the 5 dollar price range. If you look at them they're big, like REALLY fucking big so 5 bucks is pretty good. Also found the little brother to dalo called Texpen. More pocket friendly looks like, same colors. Also found a pen from Markal that comes in a metal tube, like the kind super glue is in, and it does the same kinda bubble-paint effect as dalo. I'm pretty stoked to try these.

dalos can be bought in MANY local stores! use your noodle and think about the use for them then go to a similar store. Find somewhere that sells industrial supplies for construction jobs or welding jobs or anything or the sort. They will also have markals and a bunch of other heavy duty paint markers!