MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i have some of the flourescents and im pretty sure they do but i could be wrong. idr bc i havent used it in ages they fucking suck, thinnest most transparent shit ever. only good for paper and they suck on paper too. the krlon flourescents are a lil bit better but still arent that great, but have a nice marker body i used it to put shoe polish in.

bfc13ce4.jpg

i took the nib off of a shoe polisher thing kiwi makes and glued it onto the top of a chalk marker, but i cant even get water to flow in it so i don't think it will work with any inks :l

Why get rid of the shoe polish bottle? That's a serious classic mop you had there man. You can even bust tags with the shoe polish if you got the right kind. Use that all up, then you have a classic mop that will go miles and miles. Fill it with any ink or paint. Cut a piece of old cloth and put it over the nib and secure it with a rubber band for greater durability.

And why did you glue the nib to the marker? Had you even put ink in it first? Seems a little backwards to me. Also, using glue to secure any nib/mop combo is just an invitation for leaking...

Oh, you guys own graffiti supply shops or something? Or did they just ask you for that info because they thought you'd be using it at work or something?

If I can get a sample then I'm doing it for sure because otherwise I have to drive 2 hours to get one/buy some from art primo...

----------

And has anyone noticed that the Sakura Pen-Touch inks are practically buff-proof? Honestly, I can't write over it with my pilot because it just burns right through immediately. If you try enough, it still wont buff but it actually picks up the sakura ink and makes like a black/gold ink. Looks tight. I wish I could mix what's left in my sakuras with my pilot ink, but the sakuras are xylene-free so I don't think they'll mix too well.

Haven't tried painting over it though...

Yo it's because Sakura Pen-Touch inks are actually a xylene based pigment ink, which makes them act more like a paint. And when you're trying to write over a xylene-based pigment ink with an alcohol-based ink like Pilot ink, the pigmented ink will almost always burn through. For example, ever tried writing over a Decocolor with ink? Same reaction.

That being said, by no means are Sakura Pen-Touch inks "buff-proof." Wipe it down with a xylene-based cleaner once, and paint over it once, I guarantee it'll be buffed.

Also, you could definitely mix them. BUT- you would most certainly need a mixing ball. They would separate in your marker/mop quicker than oil and water if you catch my drift.

does anyone else have trouble getting junobo to flow? i can get it through my window chalk one somewhat but its still streaky...and i tried it on an OTR soultip with mohair nib...which it doesnt flow through at all....i removed the regulator on both mops. idk what else to do bc i would prefer to not thin it down but i will if i have to.

What's ur favorite ink to buy all I've used kiwi black and oink violent violet....the oink drips out too much for me u accidentally squeeze ur mop to hard and u have a fucking blob and ur tag is illegible but I put it in a free flow in marker and the shit comes out nice :)

What's ur favorite ink to buy all I've used kiwi black and oink violent violet....the oink drips out too much for me u accidentally squeeze ur mop to hard and u have a fucking blob and ur tag is illegible but I put it in a free flow in marker and the shit comes out nice :)

You know, there's this great thing called the Ink Superduperthread... Just saying.

And in my opinion, there are few things that can beat the classic Pilot ink. Personally, my go-to mix is Oink, Pilot, and some homemade pen ink.

cZzBABjPDp45boad00eIW4Ilo1_500.jpg

cZzBABjPDp45b442DCR4tYe2o1_500.jpg

stolen

Edit again, anyone have the full collection of these sets of pictures, used to be in here when this thread started

They were shot by Angela Boatwright for Mass Appeal Magazine labeled "NY Graffiti Markers"

But IDK Which Mass Appeal, don't feel like looking through them all, and was curious if anyone had em or knew which issue