post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
shrimp and grits sounds fucking good.

My mother eats them all the time, fuckin loves em. Used to be she could only get them when vacationing back home in VA, but about a year ago I put her onto a hotel in town that served them, and now she goes there all the time.

One day I'll try them, although my dad has described the smell as being horrific

I grew up an oatmeal person, love steel cut with nuts and dried fruit. Always hated grits, never liked the texture, and unless seasoned right theyre horrible. Although when theyre good and creamy (especially when a good cheese is mixed into them) full of flavor and turned into a nice hot meal, not just a plain side dish, I love them. Although I will say I havent had them outside the whole Shrimp and grits category. Peppers, onions, sun dried tomatos, shrimp, bacon or a nice sausage all mixed up in a reduced cream sauce....yeah I can dig it.

Lovely pic, portfolio pic?

Kudzu anyone.......

kudzu2.jpg

So being in the southeastern area I never knew that this horrible thing nick named "the vine that ate the south" was actually edible in itself. The greens can be used in salads, sauteed, and people use it in Quiche. The roots can be cooked like potatoes or dried and ground down to be used in place of cornstarch. The flowers which have a awesome grape like smell are actually sweet themselves can be used in making jelly which in turn has a grape/apple like flavor. The plant can be used to make paper as well. It was a miracle gift by the Japanese that was used everywhere after its introduction to the US but by the 70s it was deemed a "weed." Also to elements in Kudzu have been proven to fight alcoholism.

So being that I love free things in this world and what is better than free food right? So after hearing this and reading all about it I went out back to the end of our property where it is very plentiful I picked a few young leaves, sauteed them in olive oil and seasoning, and well its not too bad. Kinda fibrous but its because I didnt cook it long enough and the leaves were not young enough. Been picking the flowers to make wine and going to try the roots come the fall. Anyone else feel like digging into this edible overgrowth? Kudzu cook off? ahahhaha

That BBQ stuff looks great. Barbecues are a big deal in Aus, but you guys seem to throw a hell of a lot of seasoning on top of all your meat. Not sure I can dig it?

Thats what they call a dry rib. Basically its a rack of ribs smoked over wood of choice *cherry in my case* then as soon as it comes off the smoker its hit with a liberal amount of rub. No Sauce, most of my friends and family look at me silly cause they are used to smothering ribs in sauce but after trying this they go bonkers. give it a try

gotta have a good rib rub though

• Like 1

I'm in the process of making butterflied rock hens with a plum wine, lemon, tarragon, and sage glaze/sauce. Rosemary roasted fingerling potatoes. Brussel sprouts with caramelized onions and bacon. Wilted spinach salad with mushrooms and poppyseed dressing.

I better get some pussy after this.

I'll post pics of a completed plate.

My mother eats them all the time, fuckin loves em. Used to be she could only get them when vacationing back home in VA, but about a year ago I put her onto a hotel in town that served them, and now she goes there all the time.

One day I'll try them, although my dad has described the smell as being horrific

He was referring to your mother rather than the shrimp n grits though, wasn't he?

10wr8qp.jpg

I'm in the process of making butterflied rock hens with a plum wine, lemon, tarragon, and sage glaze/sauce. Rosemary roasted fingerling potatoes. Brussel sprouts with caramelized onions and bacon. Wilted spinach salad with mushrooms and poppyseed dressing.

I better get some pussy after this.

I'll post pics of a completed plate.

I would take a better pic, but I ate the fuck out of it.

Hahaha, that's as good a reason as any. Looks tasty as all else.

More importantly, did the pussy flow freely after said meal?

ShortFuse: Nah, no portfolio. Only people that see this food is me who I give it to, and you like minded weirdo internet people. My job is in alcohol, not food..

I've found taking shots underneath a heat lamp usually turns out pretty sweet.

Thats what they call a dry rib. Basically its a rack of ribs smoked over wood of choice *cherry in my case* then as soon as it comes off the smoker its hit with a liberal amount of rub. No Sauce, most of my friends and family look at me silly cause they are used to smothering ribs in sauce but after trying this they go bonkers. give it a try

gotta have a good rib rub though

i've never heard of anyone putting it on after smoking. usually before so that when the meats juices start comin through the spices get a better chance to get up in the meat. no hate they look good either way.