Exercise!!!

foneiz2

good thread!

i just started getting back into this shit so... im hoping to make it a permanent lifestyle. we just got a tredmill a month ago and i love it. i used to use the one at the gym, but i rather listen to my OWN music and shit.

stretch

speedwalk on the tredmill, run the last few mins

lift little weights (8 lbs is what i started out at)

jump rope

excersize ball -- i have one but im still getting used to it

and sex. it burns 200 calories. fyi.

my diet has been lots of greens. no more rice for my asian ass. :( i eat lots of tuna.. the ones in those packages. i put it on my salads, on plain lettuce. i'll eat fruits for snacks. i just bought a blender yesterday so i'm hoping to make fruit shakes too. basically i've cut out carbs like bread, pasta, and rice for the time being, and jsut sticking to vegi's, chicken, lean meat and good fruits. oh and i also like baked chips.

wish me luck! i need to start doing crunches though. ksdjfkdsjksdj fucking flabby mc flabberzzzz.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday: 4-5.5 hours on the bike at intensity

Monday: 2 hours on the bike at low intensity. Heart rate low

Tuesday: 1 hour in the gym. Concentrate on legs and abdominals

Wednesday: 2 hours on the bike at medium intensity

Thursday: Rest

Friday: 1 hour in the gym... same as Tuesday

Saturday: 3-4.5 hours on the bike at medium intensity

This is February's weekly program. I was in the gym three times a week from October to January doing more upper body as well as legs. Being a cyclists, the upper body is important to keep fit, but not to bulk up. It's all about losing weight while gaining muscle for folks like me.

Next month I cut the gym out completely and begin transferring all the strength to the bike. It's always interesting to see how the winter months of training have paid off come early Spring.

By May and June I'm gettng close to 25 hours on the bike a week. That includes races.

Guest Sparoism

I ride my bike about 20-40 miles four days a week, and do some isometric shit. I have a really big frame, yet managed to lose twenty pounds last year by cutting out the beer.

Oh, and I swim sometimes, go carve around the local skatepark now and then, and walk almost everywhere.

I was never into weights, but I had to do it in high school when I was on the track team. I believe the best mile time I ever had was 5:20.

When I go back to school, I'm definitely going to look into some programs.

Originally posted by Joker@Feb 6 2006, 11:25 AM

Sunday: 4-5.5 hours on the bike at intensity

Monday: 2 hours on the bike at low intensity. Heart rate low

Tuesday: 1 hour in the gym. Concentrate on legs and abdominals

Wednesday: 2 hours on the bike at medium intensity

Thursday: Rest

Friday: 1 hour in the gym... same as Tuesday

Saturday: 3-4.5 hours on the bike at medium intensity

This is February's weekly program. I was in the gym three times a week from October to January doing more upper body as well as legs. Being a cyclists, the upper body is important to keep fit, but not to bulk up. It's all about losing weight while gaining muscle for folks like me.

Next month I cut the gym out completely and begin transferring all the strength to the bike. It's always interesting to see how the winter months of training have paid off come early Spring.

By May and June I'm gettng close to 25 hours on the bike a week. That includes races.

you do this outside or on one of those stationary roller jawns? like for pace and such?

I really dont like back days, unless im doing lower back just because its high weight.

I cant get into back day or bicep+tricep day.

I also just entered a new phase in my work out, so I've added three new exercises to each day's routine, along with switching up everything.

I started doing "good mornings" in my back day. I really really really like these now.

I've been shocking myself,more reps and changing the order inwhich i do my routine.I've been switching days too,before I was just doing one routine every day.I've mod'ed that out into two different longer ones and I rotate days.I HATE running in this cold weather so I've been walking 12000 - 20000 steps in a day works out 6-10 miles.I've been lossing weight at a much faster rate with just walking.One hour is a solid walking to get my heart rate up,the rest of its just me being a proud owner of a perdomitor(sp) and keeping track of my steps.

My moms on a sick new diet so I'm tagging along and I've been eating rad food but It's not enough,I'm constiantly hungry,so I'm eating way more fruit and spending more time in the shitter.

i used to try and pump but couldn't get into it. used to play soccer like a mad man then quit that for smoking. now i quit (well, just relapsed after 3 months) and during my time away i played alot of basketball video games. went out, bought some shoes and you got a 6'0 white kid tryin' to dunk. shits fun though.

• 2 months later...

any advice?

I work out about every other day, doing a "circuit training" (to get the heart rate up) of squats, sit ups, push ups, and a shoulder/arm exercise.

do 3 sets of the following

squats = low weights, high reps... increase about 5-10 reps each set

sit-ups = same amount of reps each set

pushups: increase a couple reps each set

arm exercise = increase slghtly each set, but dont really care about this.

I'm improvinge everywhere EXCEPT the situps. I always barely get my last 4 reps of the 3rd set done, but have no trouble at all w/ the first 2 sets.

different approach needed?

i found that if you're trying to increase muscle mass, that you should reach muscle failure within 8-12 reps. if you are doing 12 reps or over, you need to use heavier weights. 8 or under, weights are too heavy...adjust accordingly. it's worked wonders for my arms.

also, nutrition and sleep are huge...you need as much of them as possible...also, it's best to give the muscle group a 24 hour resting period until you work on it again.

Re: Exercise!!!

ive been on a break from physical activity for 2 weeks now healing past injuries...it sucks...shits mad boring

i unlike most of you am trying to GAIN weight and not lose it.....its actually pretty tough....more updates as i progress....the summer will either make or break my work out routine and plans

Re: Exercise!!!

^^ your dad is down like that?

oohhhhh, had to.

Uh, yeah...exactly. I could understand if that was a porkchop post, and you said somethin bout her cousin but it seemed quite out of nowhere there

Anyways, this thread made me go weigh myself and I decided it's time to work out some...I'm up to 223, from 215 the last time I checked (which really wasn't THAT long ago). Glik, recommened me something to do since you seem to be the man with the answers. Just wanna shave off like 10-15 lbs quickly as possible