Exercise!!!

foneiz2

Re: Exercise!!!

I'm like 6'0, 230 pounds..not too fat but definately not small either. I've always been happy just bein able to knock people out, but now I'm startin to feel like I should get in some better shape

Gliks, wanna recommend a workout for me? I just wanna lose the gut and bulk up the arms

im pretty much in the same boat as you

i dont own any weights or anything, but i do have a bowflex. im gonna pick some stuff up later today so i can be like glik0

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excercising regularly is the one new years resolution i havn't lived up to. (i take them very seriously)

I just took a 'before' shot. In about 4-5 months i'll post a before and after.

I've always been pretty scrawny, but now that i quit smoking i've become a fatty. Only option now is to

become a hulk like killa brute. I'm completley ignorant on the subject, but what's up with Creatine??

My homey gave me a can of it, but i've heard from some that it's dangerous, and from others that it's

useless.

Word. yeah i did a little googling and the creatin sounds like a no go. I'll just toss it. But i think i'll buy a big thing of that protein stuff, and take some so i'm kinda forced to work out. I've got a bunch ot thrash metal lined up too, cuz that seems like the best music to listen too for that.

enough chatter....

whats wrong with machines?

Like he said, they don't work your stabilizers. You won't have results NEARLY as fast if you use machines. They are only effective in working one muscle at a time. For example, if you want a higher vertical leap/run faster then you want to do squats and dead lifts and shit like that. If you get on a machine you're going to work like one or two muscles, whereas if you do actual squats and deadlifts with freeweights, you work every muscle in your ankle/knee/hip areas to make your legs a LOT stronger. Ever notice how its harder to do an exercise with weights than on a machine that guides you on a track? There's a reason for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish that there were more than like 11 people in here who were serious about working out.

But at the same time Im not about to go to some workout homo forum where dudes only answers to getting bigger and stronger are take Sustanon or Winistrol!

Anyway, I started a new power routine because Ive gone into heavy cardio and conditioning, and I absofuckinglutely love it. Easy 5 day split.

My power days are basically finding a weight were you can only do 3-5 good assistance free reps, and staying in that zone.

Flat Bench:

Warm up set with moderate weight (225 for me) 8 reps to get blood into the muscle.

Stretch 1 minute rest

Set 1: 275 5 reps

1-2 minute rest

Set 2: 275 4-5 reps

Stretch 1-2 minute rest

Set 3: 255 5 reps

1-2 minute rest

Set 4: 255 4-5 reps

Stretch 1-2 minute rest

Set 5: 245 5-6 reps

Stretch 2-3 minute rest

Clap push-ups 5-10.

Rest

Deadlift:

Warm up: 225 8 reps

Stretch 1 minute rest

Set 1: 275 5 reps

Stretch 1 minute rest

Set 2: 315 5 reps

Stretch 1 minute rest

Set 3: 365 5 reps

Stretch 1-2 minute rest

Set 4: 405 5 reps

Stretch 1-3 minute rest

Set 5: 455 3ish reps

Rest

Squats:

Warm up: 185 10 times

Set 1: 225 5 reps

Stretch 30seconds - 1 minute rest

Set 2: 315 5 reps

Stretch 1 minute rest

Set 3: 335 5 reps

Rest 1 - 3 minutes

Set 4: 275 5 reps

Rest 1-3 minutes

Set 5: 275 5 reps

Pass out.

I do this every 4-5 days, so basically Monday and Friday of one week and Wednesday the following week.

So Basically its:

Cycle 1:

Day 1: Power Routine

Day 2: Supplemental chest, back, and legs

Day 3: Biceps Triceps Abs

Day 4: Shoulders + Calves

Day 5: Power routine

Cycle 2:

Day 1: Triceps Abs

Day 2: Shoulders + Calves

Day 3: Power Routine

Day 4: Supplemental chest, back, and legs.

Day 5: Biceps Abs

The second cycle lets me focus on really burning the biceps and triceps by letting them have their individual days.

Cardio is a 4 day split. 20mins to an hour of various cardio including plyometrics.

BJJ Training 3 times a week.

Striking 2 times a week.

This has been the best routine I've ever done based on results.

jesus christ....i dont think i will ever be able to do anything with 455 pounds. period.

i jog 2 to 3 miles a day. thats about the extent of it. id like to get some resistance training going but it seems a little daunting and im not really trying to shell out money for a personal trainer.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Yep, 26 miles in the desert. Most of the terrain is sand and more sand. I run 30 minutes a day usually average about 6 miles a day. I havent ruck marched in a hot minute since my days in the service. I guess I should start doing that to get used to the weight on my back again. I think you have to have at least a full battle load and a ruck of 60lbs. Friend of mine did it last year and said it was pretty rough (Hes got 6 years of Infantry time in him)

Good tips.

Anyone else here train Capoeira?

Been playing twice a week for about 8 months now and practacing on off days, started half assed a couple years back. It's an awesome workout if you want to improve strength, stamina, flexibility, balance etc. More fun to me than Karate or Tae Kwon Do etc, dope music and philosophy and cultural history, and lots of awesome south american women play too :) Helps you get loose too, easy transition if you b-boy.

Other than that I stretch about 1/2 hour every morning (flexibility is real important for me, and I lift shit at work so I like to be limber) 40-100 push ups a day (not disciplined enough there) and biking to and from work and wherever else I go. I'll go running in the park once or twice a week with my wife, she's a slacker but we get at least 2 miles in and I'm hoping to get her up to 5 or so by the end of the summer. Hiking is the shit too, been finding the spots in the city (Rockaways got nice parks) or mountains if I can get to them, nothing like walking for 12 hours and only seeing 10 other people the whole day. Dancing (yeah yeah I know, raver, fag, wtfever) is a good workout too, shit I'm no fan of rave or club culture but I've had some awesome times just cold getting dumb and moving all night, dope music helps and drugs and alcohol can assist in losing inhibitions.

I'm not into weights at present, I'll go work on shoulders once every other week, but I find it hard to get into a routine without a partner (and I'm not interested in bulking up now). About 10 years ago I was into the weight routine, 5 days a week, but I had a friend who was into it too then, and it fit my mind state better then too. Now Capoeira makes me happy... got to go with what you're feeling.

Im sorry dude, but I think capoeira (as a fighting discipline) is complete bullshit.

Its dance and if its fun, then im all for people doing it.

But Ill put out a challange to any Capoeira "master" and Ill bet my right leg Ill win in a fight.

Again though, if youre having fun doing it and its a good cardio work out, im all for people doing it.

I used to hate stretching, but since starting BJJ I love stretching, thats like the 30 minutes after I wake up and before I go to sleep thats relaxing.

Yeah, I don't train Capoeira as a fighting discipline at all. I do view it as a competitive sport and great exercise, as fun and as an very interesting cultural form (when you take the musical aspect of it with the dance/martial art aspect).

Viva Capoeira!

Does anyone here know there VO2 level?? Im a 61.. i have been doing cardio workouts every day.. i ride my bike 20+ miles a day, and run 6+ miles a day, and 2 times a week I weight train..

Advice to runners:

-For every pound on your body you should have 3 carbs. (so if you way 200 pds, you should be eating 600 grams of carbs a day.)

-Be eating 60-80 grams of protein a day.

-Keep a log of your miles.

-Dont try to be a some rocky and go crazy with running your first few weeks, and then end up burning out. Spend about 7 weeks just building a base. Then step it up with speedworkouts, weight training,etc.

-The bigger a base you have, the less of a chance you have of burning out.

-Cross train in the off season

I really want to get in shape.

As of now I'm 18, 6'2, 220 lbs and don't really have much muscle at all.

I'm not really all that fat, just in my stomach and chest.

I never got into exercising so I never really built up anything.

Put it this way: I can't do one single push up.

So I'm basically looking for a nice plan to follow so I can drop the fat

on my stomach and chest and generally become stronger.

I have a weight bench and some free weights. I also have a step-machine.

Right now I could probly put up like 100 max on the bench, and 5 minutes on the step machine set on maximum resistance has me done.

to lens... eating nothing during the day and stuffing your face before bed will make you gain weight. I know this because its what the sumo wrestlers do.

That noxplode stuff will give you serious amounts of energy during workouts thus resulting in a much more effective workout and at the same time will store water in your muscles to make you bigger.

Yo Glik,

Where do you go for bjj and striking? PM me.

Im finally ready to work out again. I got frucked up from a car accident and haven't done shit for a year and a half.

I privately train with a 65 professional fight experienced cage fighter, I dont go to an actual class.

" latissimus dorsi, trapezius, erector spinae, gluteals, hamstrings, quadriceps, and psoas (hip flexors). Your forearm muscles, which are involved in gripping the bar, are strongly involved, as are muscles involved in trunk stabilization such as your obliques and abdominals. In all, nearly three quarters of your total muscle mass is involved in performing this compound movement."

Deadlift is pretty much the best overall strength gaining exercise.

i pulled my hamstring pretty bad doing it....my whole leg is pretty hurting....i do other things in its place

anyways, since u know a lot about exercises, what do you suggest as a good obliques exercise....i need something that i can do using barbell or dumbbells that 'stimulates' the obliques and has like a twisting motion in the exercise...like twisting the upper body....:confused:

The strained hamstring could have been from improper form. I do deadlift sets in excess of 400lbs and have never had an injury from it.

Any oblique exercise that youre going to do with weights is going to increase waist size.

But if thats what you're looking for take a heavy dumbell and place it in your hand and with your arms at your sides, do side bends. Feet shoulder width apart and bend at the waist, focus on using your obliques to stabalize you going down and pulling you up as you come up.

You can also do unweighted twists, standing or sitting. Keeping your head and hips as stationary as possible twist your body as far as it will go toward the center. Same thing seated, but obviously seated. Also helps if you use a light broomstick or bar across your shoulders.