Exercise!!!

foneiz2

Re: Exercise!!!

The strained hamstring could have been from improper form. I do deadlift sets in excess of 400lbs and have never had an injury from it.

Any oblique exercise that youre going to do with weights is going to increase waist size.

But if thats what you're looking for take a heavy dumbell and place it in your hand and with your arms at your sides, do side bends. Feet shoulder width apart and bend at the waist, focus on using your obliques to stabalize you going down and pulling you up as you come up.

You can also do unweighted twists, standing or sitting. Keeping your head and hips as stationary as possible twist your body as far as it will go toward the center. Same thing seated, but obviously seated. Also helps if you use a light broomstick or bar across your shoulders.

word, ive been doing those two...i never thought that plain twisting alone would actually do anything without any resistance existing

i used to do those dumbbell side bends or whatever...they seemed chillin.....kinda felt easy...perhaps doing it with heavier dumbbells.....

but yeah, i agree with u on the improper form, i think thats what it was too....strange tho, cuz ive been doing em for a while before hand and had absolutely no problems....not even a super sore back....i guess its just one of those things where there seem to be two camps devided on what they each think is right:o sort of like squats.....squat deeply and all the way? or only 90 degrees? a lil more than 90? fuuuuuuuuuck

:shakehead:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone is interested in cardio and somewhat easy to do exercises to better your conditioning, check out this website. its pretty well done and very informative.

Im following the guys article about jumping rope and its been on point the entire time. Very good resource for you guys. Boxing/cardio/speed/endurance etc

http://www.rossboxing.com/

if you;'re interested in how this man becomes who he is

MattHughes.jpg

check out his website here

he has a section on how he works out and practices, as well as what he eats, altho its not too specific naturally....

http://www.matt-hughes.com/

hope these help you all

i hear that the deadlift is pretty much a shitty exercise

too much strain on ur back and hamstrings without much to gain

apperently (from what a physio said) once u get older and try to do it, you can really fuck up your back

What glik0 said was right, but an important thing here is that it has to be done correctly. You strain your back if you lift with your back, and if you're lifting with your back you should lower your weight. You gotta lift with the legs.

Man I wanted to start this thread but was expecting to get made fun of like crazy from scrawny art fags.

I've lost 45 pounds since September,if you know me you know I'm still a bit fat but the upper bodies getting inches every other month.

I was walking at first to get myself ready to start running,I was walking 5 miles a nght on top of working constructon.I'm running now but with the weather it's been tough.I swim if I can't run.

I hit the weights 7 days a week doing a program for upper and lower body,ap work out like woah aswell.

I hate the gym I'm just using free weights and the track at my local highschool.

I'm going to drop like 25 more pounds and focus on tonning myself up.

So Yo its been awhile since I posted this, I've lost 81 pounds in total,I'm at 227 right now.

I blew my knee out and have been instructed NOT to work out or run, light walking is the most I'm allowed to do. It's been 8 weeks since I fucked my knee and I'm starting my Physio this week, another 8 weeks of physio and I'm going to be running again like a motherfucker.

I've been working my chest and upper body a bit to keep my mass,I'm really looking forward to getting back at it so I can monsterize my ass!

Frate, don't ever worry about getting made fun of by art fags that think exercise means youre a dumb jock. People don't understand that its good to have a well rounded life. Exercise is good for your body and makes you feel better mentally. And no matter what people say, everyone admires someone who is in shape. EEEEEEVVVEEERRRYYYONNEEEE

My Dr. prescribed me Adderall about a month ago, a lot of it.

In the past month I went from 6'7' 250 lbs 34 % body fat to 229 lbs 29 % BF

The adderall makes me not eat much (About a meal every 2-3 days).

I walk a mile to work, a mile back to the car.

I started lifting these BS 20 lb weights after work.

My question is: Will not eating enough make me actually lose muscle eventually if I keep lifting? Someone told me that my body will start to use the muscles themselves as energy without the right amount of food.

I feel great, and I've never been this low in weight in my life (I was a fat ass youngster)

Any pros have any advice?

I've got a question about core strength, particularly situps.

I'm a very competitive cyclist (ie, lance armstrong), and i'm about 3-4 months away from competing with professionals. However, my largest limiter is my poor core strength. It causes my back to lock up, ect.

The past three weeks i've been to doing basic ab work, 6 reps of 30 every night. I asked a few people and they said this was enough, and while i know that too much too soon can always be an enemy, i'm really not convinced that i'm doing enough.

So if i just want to increase the strength of the muscles i have now, use my own body weight for resistance, and not gain any more muscle mass, what kind of regimen do i need to be looking at? Greatly appreciated if answered.

I've got a question about core strength, particularly situps.

I'm a very competitive cyclist (ie, lance armstrong), and i'm about 3-4 months away from competing with professionals. However, my largest limiter is my poor core strength. It causes my back to lock up, ect.

The past three weeks i've been to doing basic ab work, 6 reps of 30 every night. I asked a few people and they said this was enough, and while i know that too much too soon can always be an enemy, i'm really not convinced that i'm doing enough.

So if i just want to increase the strength of the muscles i have now, use my own body weight for resistance, and not gain any more muscle mass, what kind of regimen do i need to be looking at? Greatly appreciated if answered.

core_ball_montage_w.jpg

these excercise balls are pretty good for yo core

• 1 month later...

My Dr. prescribed me Adderall about a month ago, a lot of it.

In the past month I went from 6'7' 250 lbs 34 % body fat to 229 lbs 29 % BF

The adderall makes me not eat much (About a meal every 2-3 days).

I walk a mile to work, a mile back to the car.

I started lifting these BS 20 lb weights after work.

My question is: Will not eating enough make me actually lose muscle eventually if I keep lifting? Someone told me that my body will start to use the muscles themselves as energy without the right amount of food.

I feel great, and I've never been this low in weight in my life (I was a fat ass youngster)

Any pros have any advice?

Don't undereat, just eat healthy. Really, its not that hard.

Bring this thread back! I want to talk to other runners. I used to struggle with a mile, now I run three easy and fast. I am stepping it up and doing 6 now, I want to talk to people about running.

i ride my ass off everyday, to and from work. there's actually a bike path that alot of hotshots ride on...the dudes that ride $3000 10-speeds with spandex that matches the paint job......my bike is a total fucking piece of shit, so i like to race them. nobody really hangs with me, except this old geezer dude that's gotta be about 60 fucking years old. i don't know how he does it. i seriously haul ass everytime i see this guy and he manages to stay right on my ass, although he hasn't been able to pass me yet. the guy is in phenomenal shape for his age.

isaac, lately i started jogging....it totally licks supremely nasty choda, but i'm trying to stick it out. it gets easier everytime, but the whole psychology of actually getting my shit together to get out there and do it is a real battle. i have no idea how far i'm running, but it probably isn't shit. my jogs are 15minutes long at a pace i would desribe as being in between aggressive and lazy as fuck. i could go longer, but i find my lower back gets a little sore from the impact. it's getting better though.

Day 1

Bench Press 4 x 10

Dumbbell Press 3 x 10

Chest Fly 3 x 10

Shoulder Press (bar) 3 x 10

Bicep Curls 3 x 10

Abs 3 x 50

Day 2

Deadlift 4 x 10

Bent over rows 3 x 10

High Pulls 3 x 10

Tricep Exercise 3 x 10

Chin ups or Lat Pull Down 3 x 10

Wrist Curls 3 x 10

Abs 3 x 50

Day 3

Squats 4 x 10

Lunges 3 x 10

Leg Extensions 3 x 10

Leg Curls 3 x 10

Shoulder Circuit

1 x 10 shoulder flys (standing up)

1 x 10 Shoulder raises

1 x 10 shoulder press (standing up)

**do this three times

abs 3 x 50

-Calf Raise 3 x 10

this has been my monday wed. friday for the entire summer

i ride my ass off everyday, to and from work. there's actually a bike path that alot of hotshots ride on...the dudes that ride $3000 10-speeds with spandex that matches the paint job......my bike is a total fucking piece of shit, so i like to race them. nobody really hangs with me, except this old geezer dude that's gotta be about 60 fucking years old. i don't know how he does it. i seriously haul ass everytime i see this guy and he manages to stay right on my ass, although he hasn't been able to pass me yet. the guy is in phenomenal shape for his age.

isaac, lately i started jogging....it totally licks supremely nasty choda, but i'm trying to stick it out. it gets easier everytime, but the whole psychology of actually getting my shit together to get out there and do it is a real battle. i have no idea how far i'm running, but it probably isn't shit. my jogs are 15minutes long at a pace i would desribe as being in between aggressive and lazy as fuck. i could go longer, but i find my lower back gets a little sore from the impact. it's getting better though.

Werd to both of these things.

First, I really want a road bike. I want to have an alternate to distance running. Distance biking is perfect. Zero impact. And yeah, fuck those stupid fancy bikes. All you need is a light, sturdy bike. If it rolls, it works. I really want one.

Second, yeah, jogging really is a bitch. But you feel so damn good when you are done. Its like man, I just went running. Today me and my brother ran 5 miles and we barely ever stopped to take a break. The biggest breaks we took were after a mile we would walk for a half block, then keep running. It was amazing. We clocked it in his car afterwards, and we did just over 5 miles. It's awesome to see that, cause we used to not be able to do 1. Its just like anything else in life, you work hard for a reward. I am getting really in shape, both from eating well and from running, and its hard work sometimes but it feels good in the end, and I'm proud of it. Keep it up dude, but if biking is your thing, thats fine too.

Second, yeah, jogging really is a bitch. But you feel so damn good when you are done. Its like man, I just went running. Today me and my brother ran 5 miles and we barely ever stopped to take a break. The biggest breaks we took were after a mile we would walk for a half block, then keep running. It was amazing. We clocked it in his car afterwards, and we did just over 5 miles. It's awesome to see that, cause we used to not be able to do 1. Its just like anything else in life, you work hard for a reward. I am getting really in shape, both from eating well and from running, and its hard work sometimes but it feels good in the end, and I'm proud of it. Keep it up dude, but if biking is your thing, thats fine too.

hell yeah...its all about building stamina...i used to jog everyday...7 days a week...and every week id increase my distance...pretty soon i was running far....this dude at school said that in boot camp in the army he had to run 6 miles a day...he said after about 2 weeks its easy..just gotta get used to it....shit "p diddy" ran what...like 26 miles?....fuck!

• 2 months later...

I am back on the motherfuckin horse. After catching Pnuemonia earlier this year, I have struggled to train consistantly because I kept getting sick as soon as I pushed myself hard, due to a very low immune system after the Pnuemonia. But 6 months (maybe more) later, Frankiefiver is back eating easy curl bars with a sprinkle of heavy iron plates for breakfast!

You people dont know how happy I am about this, it has been the hardest struggle I have ever had to deal with!

Yo on a side note;

Im interested to know the av daily meal plan for anyone who is heavy into weights, from power lifting 'bulk obsessed' peeps, to 'in it for the looks' body builders.

Please share.