Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Nope, I usually wake up pissed in the morning so my mom was just sick of it and took everything I actually like away again. I am soooooooooooooo bored. At least I have LEGO’s though. I am still going to use 12 oz because my mom makes me do meditation on my phone and while doing that I will browse 

2 hours ago, Ray40 said:

Nope, I usually wake up pissed in the morning so my mom was just sick of it and took everything I actually like away again. I am soooooooooooooo bored. At least I have LEGO’s though. I am still going to use 12 oz because my mom makes me do meditation on my phone and while doing that I will browse 

U wake up pissed? What do u do sleepwalk and raid the alcohol cabinets or something 😂

Edited by Giant
  • LOL! 1

7 hours ago, jeik000 said:

common RAY40 just say that you want to be an artist and not  break the law!\

heres a quick "jqwan" throw,  cant find and markers 😞

jqwan.jpg

I think this looks alright. I think if you keep doing i over and over and over and didnt rush as much you'll refine i down good.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jeik000 said:

common RAY40 just say that you want to be an artist and not  break the law!\

heres a quick "jqwan" throw,  cant find and markers 😞

jqwan.jpg

Reminds me of the throw is stickers that mikes morales does in Spider-Man into spider verse. That movie inspired me to do graff

1 minute ago, Schnitzel said:

@Joker yours? (top sketch)

saw this in some old zines today to be honest the neat writing caught my eye and then I read the name.

posting here as I have no idea what other threads you frequent

IMG_0812.JPG

Yeah, you can see the style and also he signed the top right. I’m sure he’ll jump in and give some details though. 

• Like 1

@Schnitzel- yep, that is me. Judging from the looks of the magazine layout/style - I think that is City Slicker, correct? 

So the story with that is I had recently moved to the Bay Area after a very short stint in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I had met a few writers in the Bay but most notably was Raevyn of TWS crew. His style was wild as hell, I’d seen nothing like it, but I wanted every part of it. I was still in touch with Mesk from the DC area and he was really putting in a lot of work, but his outlines at the time were this cool mix of traditional Graffiti and HR Giger. So between the two writers I was constantly inspired to come up with something that was my own. So I went super-wild, mean, and poke your eye out sharp. I only drew/painted a handful of pieces in this style as it turned out to be really time consuming, but the effort put in was well worth it. It was one of many stepping stones that led me to being the writer I am, or rather became. 

You’ll notice that under my tag it says Esoterics... this was the precursor to Transcend. At the time it was just me and Mesk. Once I had met Carl123 from Manchester, England the three of us started Transcend, and shortly after put in SheOne, Req, Persue, Poesia, and a few others - some of whom were gallery artists, not writers. About five years later guys like Mune, Kema, Ouija, OTwo, and a photographer named Anna Antik were added. In the last ten years folks like Augustine Kofie and Duncan Jago have been added due to their unique styles and pushing the genre in new directions. Guys like Poesia were key in Transcend’s survival and continued presence as a leader in abstract Graffiti, especially after half of the group had retired. When he started Graffuturism things just skyrocketed from there. It’s good to see a lot of those folks still producing inspirational and original work that continues the ethos of Transcend, which has always been about pushing yourself. 

You’ll also notice the little character to the left of the Ryze piece - that’s by Felon IHU. He hasn’t done characters like that in years. 

Thanks for sharing the memories!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Joker said:

@Schnitzel- yep, that is me. Judging from the looks of the magazine layout/style - I think that is City Slicker, correct? 

So the story with that is I had recently moved to the Bay Area after a very short stint in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I had met a few writers in the Bay but most notably was Raevyn of TWS crew. His style was wild as hell, I’d seen nothing like it, but I wanted every part of it. I was still in touch with Mesk from the DC area and he was really putting in a lot of work, but his outlines at the time were this cool mix of traditional Graffiti and HR Giger. So between the two writers I was constantly inspired to come up with something that was my own. So I went super-wild, mean, and poke your eye out sharp. I only drew/painted a handful of pieces in this style as it turned out to be really time consuming, but the effort put in was well worth it. It was one of many stepping stones that led me to being the writer I am, or rather became. 

You’ll notice that under my tag it says Esoterics... this was the precursor to Transcend. At the time it was just me and Mesk. Once I had met Carl123 from Manchester, England the three of us started Transcend, and shortly after put in SheOne, Req, Persue, Poesia, and a few others - some of whom were gallery artists, not writers. About five years later guys like Mune, Kema, Ouija, OTwo, and a photographer named Anna Antik were added. In the last ten years folks like Augustine Kofie and Duncan Jago have been added due to their unique styles and pushing the genre in new directions. Guys like Poesia were key in Transcend’s survival and continued presence as a leader in abstract Graffiti, especially after half of the group had retired. When he started Graffuturism things just skyrocketed from there. It’s good to see a lot of those folks still producing inspirational and original work that continues the ethos of Transcend, which has always been about pushing yourself. 

You’ll also notice the little character to the left of the Ryze piece - that’s by Felon IHU. He hasn’t done characters like that in years. 

Thanks for sharing the memories!

it's from a magazine called SFM styles for Miles

it was a sketch mag that was around in the early 90's

cheers for the backstory- i think I became  familiar with your work a bit later (did you have an interview in Big Daddy magazine out of england??) where you'd moved into more minimal styles.

I can see what you mean about Raevyn and also about Mesk from DC. Remember him from that free agents book.

• Like 1