Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 3/21/2020 at 10:42 PM, Aristo said:

Okay so watched a how to piece video from The Artist Block to see if I could learn anything new and in the video Grim states that when constructing a block letter the bars have to connect at the verticies. But what about an L where I only see one of the verticies actually makes contact with a verticies from another bar. And what about the letter T where there it connects at the center of the bar and not any of the verticies? I know I’ve gotta be misunderstanding something but I can’t exactly put my finger on it. Would someone mind clearing that up?

He's basically saying that as you're learning the basics of letter structure, aligning each bar in the letter to vetices or a vertex is a best practice. To answer your question about the letters L and T (or X, H, K, and R) - he did point out that there are exceptions to this rule as indicated by the letters I mentioned, including the letters L and T. Your sketch shows that you understand the basics of these letters, and understand his ideas about how to connect the bars in each of those letters. 

Letters like R and K can get a bit tricky but if you follow the YEP example below you'll be fine. All too often, especially when starting out, folks follow the NOPE example... which is incorrect. I think I've mentioned it before but just imagine you're writing these letters with a chisel-tip pen, and it should make sense to you. 

Example.jpg

• Like 3
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

3 minutes ago, Ray40 said:

a painting from today while the weather is nice, 80 % chance of rain tomorrow

IMG_5312.jpg

Whoa buddie. This is WAY better. The proportions are right. As is the spacing. Keep up the good work. Style will come aftet the technique.  You are well on your way.

Edited by EkONE23
  • Like 2

On 3/24/2020 at 8:22 AM, Ray40 said:

@misteraven, we should host a 12 oz prophet event at the graffiti museum in wynwood Miami  for like an anniversary or something. We could all meet each other and really bring out the pride if 12 oz.  just an idea 💡 

Appreciate the enthusiasm. I'm friends with all those guys so maybe one day... Personally I rather organize a giant camping trip somewhere out near Glacier.

Was meaning to mention... You're among the most prolific new members I've seen in quite a while. Glad you stuck it out and seem to be enjoying the forum. Please helps us spread awareness... The more new members we have, the more fun and informative all this becomes.

• Like 3

@Ray40- those last two for the win. Both look pretty good to me for someone just starting out. A few thoughts...

Do your fill-in and embellishments before you do your final outline. This includes your stars and bubbles. Also, once you're done with your outer outline (example, the yellow outline on the bottom image) go back in with the black and clean up your final outline so that's perfect. 

Your drop shadow needs some help but overall this is great progress!

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

YES! Much better man. Go big or go home. I like that "Y" in the blue one second to last where its cocked and a little off center. If you would have taken that blue that you made squiggles with on the last piece and did a second forcefield around the yellow, that shit would have popped right off the board. Looking good.

• Like 2

Ray try doing the whole board with just the 3 letters top to bottom left to right .you'll have a bit more room for your lines . bigger always easyer to cut and a bit easyer to make not drippy. Think about it like penchils and markers for small books . spray paint for bigger things . bucket paint for even bigger things . 

Also try makeing your letters with the roller its self that way your bar structure are always the same width . just some thoughts to throw around . keep on the grind tho and you'll be surpassing most of us in no time !

• Like 1
  • Truth 1