Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 4/9/2020 at 1:31 PM, Giant said:

@Jokerfound this one on YouTube 

That was a long day, but fun. Painting with all those guys was a good time. And Montana came out with a videographer and interviewed everyone, sponsored the wall, and really made the day. 

Really fucked up the line with the roller, didn't I... busted. 

• LOL! 2

On 4/13/2020 at 8:01 PM, Ray40 said:

some stuff I been doin lately, the colorful one looks pretty toy but tell me what you guys think

Work on your keyboard letters bro. Basics before wilds. Work on getting even size bars within simple block letters before adding the checks and flashes and arrows. 

On 4/17/2020 at 8:21 AM, Aristo said:

FF7E7E96-3D2A-4B1C-A455-3641BC8DFA29.jpeg

Think you need to work on angling the X the same as the other letters.

Also I’d drop the 3D shadow until you get a solid shape on the letters and then use a ruler or something else straight edge and draw equal length lines in the same direction starting from every corner on the side you want the 3D.  

3 hours ago, ASOHL1 said:

Think you need to work on angling the X the same as the other letters.

Also I’d drop the 3D shadow until you get a solid shape on the letters and then use a ruler or something else straight edge and draw equal length lines in the same direction starting from every corner on the side you want the 3D.  

Yeah I agree the X was off. It was some experimental stuff and I was trying to get adjusted to it. I wasn’t trying to do 3D though, it was a just a shit drop shadow 

@Ray40 You are getting better. A lot better. But I still say try just writing normal block and bubble letters. How can we ever understand shape and balance of structures if we can just write our name? Here are my thoughts.  The circles are the negative space. The R and A have a bunch while the Y has none. Making it off balance.  Also the arrows are where I think you could make the have your letters the same height. The R and Y both sit oddly. With the A in the middle of your name you have a good strong letter . It basicly has four corners. Giving tones of options for shape.

• 4 weeks later...

Laptop Drivers

Glad this thread hasn't completely died... it's my "Community Service" thread. 

@glorydays- I'll spend some time tonight sketching out your name to show you some simple ways to build the word DENS out. The first handful of pages have potential, you just need some direction. The last two pages you've taken things too far without having that direction. I would hang onto those pages so in a couple months you can compare your progress and see where you were. 

I like that you're sketching out the simple letter shape before adding the Graffiti bits and bobs to the letter. That's definitely helping you keep your letter structure intact. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joker said:

Laptop Drivers

Glad this thread hasn't completely died... it's my "Community Service" thread. 

@glorydays- I'll spend some time tonight sketching out your name to show you some simple ways to build the word DENS out. The first handful of pages have potential, you just need some direction. The last two pages you've taken things too far without having that direction. I would hang onto those pages so in a couple months you can compare your progress and see where you were. 

I like that you're sketching out the simple letter shape before adding the Graffiti bits and bobs to the letter. That's definitely helping you keep your letter structure intact. 

YES

I was hoping you'd help me out.

13 hours ago, glorydays said:

@JokerI want to progress to pieces

if there are any steps that you can list out or milestones.

Well, the tried and true method is learning straight letters really well. Based on the first few pages you posted I’d say you’re obviously putting in the effort on that end, but I would encourage you to sketch single letters over and over, and not worry so much about how your D connects to your E, and so on. Just focus on how your letters look by themselves. Don’t worry about making them all Graffiti-like, just make them look simple, and smooth. Channel your inner MBER or GESER. 

Once you get decent at simple letters you can move onto stuff like the sketches below. From there it’s a slippery slope to semi-wilds and wildstyles. After that... you sell out completely and only do abstract art on canvas for galleries. 

09D896D0-3A51-40C7-8A19-A26D9AED609C.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

13 hours ago, Joker said:

Well, the tried and true method is learning straight letters really well. Based on the first few pages you posted I’d say you’re obviously putting in the effort on that end, but I would encourage you to sketch single letters over and over, and not worry so much about how your D connects to your E, and so on. Just focus on how your letters look by themselves. Don’t worry about making them all Graffiti-like, just make them look simple, and smooth. Channel your inner MBER or GESER. 

Once you get decent at simple letters you can move onto stuff like the sketches below. From there it’s a slippery slope to semi-wilds and wildstyles. After that... you sell out completely and only do abstract art on canvas for galleries. 

09D896D0-3A51-40C7-8A19-A26D9AED609C.jpeg

Thank you, bro...I'll keep updating with my straight letters

What I want to know is how you keep your font consistent throughout the word.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:33 AM, glorydays said:

@Jokerwould you recommend getting grinding letter paper

If you can get graph paper that would be great. It’ll help you keep your letters in line, structured, and same scale. 

in the example below - follow the top example until you get comfortable with the letters and understand the flow. Once you’ve got that, move on to the second example to get a feel for how to add some funk to each letter - on their own. Don’t worry about how one letter will connect to the next because that’s what you’ll focus on in the bottom example. 

get some graph paper and find some examples of the font Helvetica Bold online, and teach yourself how to draw those letters using the grid on your paper. Then move onto adding those Graffiti bits, and finally bringing the letters together. 

until you can get graph paper, draw yourself a base line and capital line and keep your letters within those lines, line the example below. 

7257F96F-A728-409F-89B1-F66232DB059C.jpeg

644E5D1F-7C2D-469B-BA0A-B0C48E430997.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Truth 1