Alcoholism

Step8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
How about you read about it. You obviously dont know what youre talking about.

You know I love you lotz, but you are wrong haha. There's a big difference between reading it and actually GOING to a meeting and experiencing it. They don't push god on you whatsoever. they encourage you to get a HIGHER POWER which could be a court slip. there are church oriented meetings. shit, I don't even believe in god and I still work the steps.

Dude that kid said that it was never about god. Which means he doesn know what the fuck hes tslking about. They changed the word god out of the 12steps because it was the least they could possibly do to not blatantly shit on the constitution.

How relatively non retarded people cant see that god and higher power is the same.thing is beyond me...

AA DOES NOT PUSH RELIGION.

THE CLOSEST THEY COME IS THE SERENITY PRAYER.

AND THE BIGGEST PART I KEEP FROM THAT ,

THAT I FINALLY UNDERSTAND AND USE DAILY IS:

"ACCEPT THE THINGS YOU CANNOT CHANGE"

IN MY CASE 1 SITUATION WOULD BE ALL THE KISS-ASS AND BACK-STABBERS AT WORK THAT MAKE ME SICK, WELL I CAN'T CHANGE ANY OF THAT SO WHY STRESS MYSELF SICK OVER IT, LAUGH IT OFF AND SILENTLY SAY FUCK YOU TO ALL YOUR OBSTACLES "TRYING" TO GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR SOBRIETY.

A HIGHER POWER GREATER THAN YOURSELF OF YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND CHOOSING.

GET OVER THAT PART AND DON'T PRAY AT ALL IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER.

THE POINT IS GETTING SOBER/CLEAN.

I DON'T NEED TO CLAIM I'VE DONE AND BEEN THROUGH SHIT,

TELLING MY MANY WAR STORIES.

BECAUSE THATS "ROMANTISIZING" AND NOT COOL.

IT TOOK ME MANY YEARS TO CLEAN UP, AND LOTS OF MESSED UP SHIT TO GET CLEAN.

DO IT FOR YOURSELF, AND DAY BY DAY IS THE ONLY WAY.

• Like 1

Aa does not push religion. It only forces you to admit you need a "higher power" and teaches you prayers that have you ask god to help you change the things you cant do yourself.

Nothing about pushing religion in that at all

It doesn't force you to do anything! Whatsoever. The only requirement for AA is the desire to get sober. that's all.

^^^ good work man

Ive tried to stop drinking a couple times but it never lasts more then a week or two. Its hard because im still pretty damn young (cant even legally drink) but im starting to think i have a serious problem. I have four alcohol related arrests and beer actually doesnt work anymore. I recently got back from florida and drank four handles in three days. I never really feel like i need to drink, but at the same time i drink alone. Not too long ago i drank everyday for a little over a month and got the shakes wicked bad for the first two days i didnt drink. Scary shit. Hopefully these AA meetings will help straighten me out a bit. Do i have a problem?

probably... i've been drinking pretty much every day for the past 2 and a half/ 3 years...

not gettin' fuckin' legless every night. but drinking every night none the less. sometimes two, sometimes 4 or six or ten, it just depends...

i've always been someone who "likes a drink" and i'd say i look for pretty much any excuse whenever i'm out to go for a pint...

recently i've been getting mad pains relating to over consumption of the beer. but i've started goin' doon to the supermarket and buying non-alcoholic beers and drinking them instead... so far it's been goin' pretty well. i've been off it on days where i'd usually get blootered. but i'm not saying i want to come off it completely... just severely cut down. and who knows i might be tea total by this time next year.

• Like 1

I have tried the cutting down method but within a week or two, I am back at my former level. It's going to have be all or nothing for me from here on out. toiletseat can have my share.

But if I go into a meeting and tell them my higher power is Allah....

(dem's jokes)