Alcoholism

Step8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

been a week and a half since my last drink and i'm feeling pretty damn good.

people talk about saving money by not drinking, but i have about 3 times the appetite now and that is more than accounting for the money i've saved by not drinking.

besides that, i love waking up feeling 100%. lengthy bike rides friday-sunday definitely give me a "high" and are an all-around confidence booster.

i can't really see any reason to drink at the moment... trying to keep myself occupied is key.

been a week and a half since my last drink and i'm feeling pretty damn good.

people talk about saving money by not drinking, but i have about 3 times the appetite now and that is more than accounting for the money i've saved by not drinking.

besides that, i love waking up feeling 100%. lengthy bike rides friday-sunday definitely give me a "high" and are an all-around confidence booster.

i can't really see any reason to drink at the moment... trying to keep myself occupied is key.

Yeah, you definitely eat a lot more when you first quit drinking.

Its nice to be able to look people in the eyes. Today is my sobriety "birthday" and after all the hell i caused myself and others (not to mention the drunk posts), i have no desire to go back. It took awhile for that desire or compulsion to go away. Its very fucking annoying. I have not been going to meetings as often as i should, but i am not drinking either, and that's what matters.

is it more difficult for an addict/ alcoholic to get clean that also paints graffiti? I know that when i went through my first treatment a large part of my program was addressing my ego. graffiti is a competition and many writers have a very inflated ego. in aa i was taught that an individuals ego can be very harmful to sobriety. EGO- Edging god out.

Might be good to discuss.

Its nice to be able to look people in the eyes. Today is my sobriety "birthday" and after all the hell i caused myself and others (not to mention the drunk posts), i have no desire to go back. It took awhile for that desire or compulsion to go away. Its very fucking annoying. I have not been going to meetings as often as i should, but i am not drinking either, and that's what matters.

is it more difficult for an addict/ alcoholic to get clean that also paints graffiti? I know that when i went through my first treatment a large part of my program was addressing my ego. graffiti is a competition and many writers have a very inflated ego. in aa i was taught that an individuals ego can be very harmful to sobriety. EGO- Edging god out.

Might be good to discuss.

However rare, it is possible for a graffiti writer to 'stay right sized.' In my experience, an inflated/deflated ego can be detrimental to long lasting sobriety. But there are ways to keep that in check and stay humble. An alcoholic or addict is just that..its inconsequential whether we write on stuff. Our disease centers around selfishness. The more we indulge in selfish behaviors, the less likely we are to stay sober. Its a fine line though. I have found that the longer I stick around, and the more work i do, the less stuff I am willing to let myself get away with. Id be more than willing to talk with you more about this if you'd like...anyone for that matter. PM me.

• Like 1

Dude that kid said that it was never about god. Which means he doesn know what the fuck hes tslking about. They changed the word god out of the 12steps because it was the least they could possibly do to not blatantly shit on the constitution.

How relatively non retarded people cant see that god and higher power is the same.thing is beyond me...

God doesn't equal higher power. Like I said before, a higher power could be a court slip. A higher power is whatever makes you keep coming back and what is keeping you sober. I'm not some AA freak that goes to meetings everyday, but I know what works for me and I'm going to keep doing it. I love you though.

"SOME" (few) POSTS IN THESE 11 PAGES OF THREAD CAN ALSO BE ANYONE'S

"HIGHER-POWER" BUT I TELL YOU THIS, IF YOUR TRYING TO QUIT, DO IT FOR YOURSELF AND IGNORE PEOPLES OPINIONS COMPLETELY.

FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF, Because the goal is the same for everyone,

How you get there is your own Personal Journey.

When I was FINALLY doing it for myself I remember several "Freinds" being real Pricks when i would be Quiet and not want to be the Attention Grabber i once was.

The inward Quiet attitude was actually not knowing how to function in front of People without being Loaded with that "Conversation-Lubrication."

"They" all think -Ah you can quit if you really want to. I also got:

"Your no fun when you don't Drink."

I erased these people from my life and Havent looked back since, and "They" are still complete Losers, which is their choice, as I have showed them that ,

Yes it can be done, but they like me in the Beggining don't want to stop the Liver-Testing.

Medicate your mind for long enough and thats your security-Blanket that you won't admit to anyone especially yourself.

Your waisting your Money and Time if your going into Treatment for the reason of Keeping a GirlFriend or Spouse.

You really have to take the Selfish route and say fuck everyone's take on my life, i want to be Sober for ME.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff.

I used to wait and hope I'd get into a heated argument with a Girlfreind just so that was my reason to go out and get Plastered.

That's a Sick Mind right there.

WHEN YOU START TO SOBER-UP YOUR MIND WILL START WORKING LIKE IT SHOULD AND YOU WILL BE SCARED OF REALITY AND ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES YOU MUST TAKE ON.

BECAUSE YOU ARE ACTUALLY "WAKING-UP" NOW.

MAKE YOURSELF READY FOR THESE RESPONSIBILITIES THAT YOUVE BEEN SHEILDING WITH ALCOHOL AND WRITE THEM DOWN ON PAPER AND PRIORITIZE THEM IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE.

THEN TAKE THEM ON 1 AT A TIME AND DON'T LOOK DOWN THE LIST AT THE WHOLE "TO DO LIST."

DAY BY DAY AND A YEAR WILL GO BY SOBER, GROW UP AND DEAL WITH RESPONSIBILITY.

WE ARE DEPRESSIVE PEOPLE AND ALCOHOL AMPLIFIES THAT, AND WE LIKE THAT SOMEHOW.

STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF AND AGAIN, GROW UP.

• Like 3

I'm irish, no excuse.... but my entire family drinks heavily. drinking is my way of life! I enjoy drinking/getting drunk.. its my go to when things are good or bad.. it can also cause problems or solve them.

some people are truthfully never ment to drink.

I never would've guessed with a sn like Evan Williams Kentucky bourbon lol

Seriously. All my friends used to think that was just the funniest thing in the world, but even at my worst, I knew it was a dick move. Stop it.

Don't give them drugs either. Shit isn't any funnier. Self destruction is one thing but your dog, c'mon son.

imad.

195311-three-year-old-alcoholic.jpg

A THREE-year-old child has been treated in hospital for alcoholism, it's been revealed.

Doctors diagnosed the toddler from the West Midlands as Britain's youngest booze sufferer, The Sun newspaper reported.

Experts called the case "horrifying".

- Why alcohol is as bad as crack

- I need help for alcohol - Todd Carney

The un-named toddler is thought to have been given alcohol repeatedly for six months and would have suffered withdrawal symptoms of shakes and wild mood swings.

^Seriously. All my friends used to think that was just the funniest thing in the world, but even at my worst, I knew it was a dick move. Stop it.

Don't give them drugs either. Shit isn't any funnier. Self destruction is one thing but your son, c'mon dog.

imad.

so i was 23 days sober until today. it was hard for me to say no on st pattys. i had 2 pints of beer, i am in no way even feeling it. i just said fuckit and went out with the full intention of getting wasted, however, after a few i just got real depressed. i walked away. i felt real pissed off, kinda like i tried getting sober and failed, and i tried getting drunk and couldnt even pull that off. is this what a social drink feels like? im glad i had the self discipline not to get severely pissed though. tomorrow is a new day and im gonna keep trying.

i was doing excellently. i really agree with dude who says you need to cut some excess baggage out of your life. within these last 20 some days ive gotten the "youre no fun when you dont drink" card being thrust in my face a few times. it sucks. but im starting to realize these people are less my friends, and more lost human beings who want someone to go down the drain with them. misery loves company. its like: i couldnt give a fuck if you get pisstanked, just respect my decision not to, especially when i let you know prior, you say its okay, and then spend all night trying to convince me otherwise. im pretty upfront with people, im no fuckin mormon.

i went to a few meetings. im not sure they are for me. that is not a slight against their validity, thats a personal preference. i did get alot of valuable information about getting sober, although i feel all of that could have been acquired over the internet. im sure its more about the support than anything, however i have a very solid friend base, with people who arent about getting fucked up all the time who are helping me alot. ive been exercising alot more. workin out and hittin the steam room works wonders. i feel much better in the mornings as well.

the first five days were hell. i got really sick. and not the alcohol deprived sickness that you hear about. im not sure if it was coincidence or not. i just got a severe head cold, im sure the stress of not drinking didnt help. i used to drink appletons and ginger ale when i was sick before. retarded. oh and i thought my marijuana consumption would drastically increase since givin up booze, but so far that hasnt been the case, which is a good thing for the wallet.

2 pints in 23 days. its not great. but a part of me is still proud of myself. and like i said, tomorrow im gonna get right back at it. i havent been sober for 5 straight days in the last 6 years, so 20+ consecutive days is a huge step for me. im also not getting down on myself for slipping up, as i might have if i tried this a few years ago.

not fishing for compliments, nor pushing sobriety on anyone.

a couple of you asked to be kept posted, so here it is.

i couldnt care less what the majority of this site thinks about me anyways.

have a good one boys and girls.

-sDUBYA

THROUGHOUT MY 8 YEARS OF BEING SOBER, I PURPOSELY SLIPPED AND SAID. FUCK IT I'M GOING TO GET SLAMMED TONIGHT WITH THE "HOMIES" ON SOME CHEAP BEER, SO I DID, JUST TO SEE WHAT I ONCE LOVED AND IF I STILL MISSED IT.

SHIT WAS HORRIBLE, LOUSY BUZZ, GUILTY THE NEXT DAY, BUT YOU HAVE TO GET OVER IT AND CLIMB THE LADDER FROM THE BOTTOM ALL OVER AGAIN, BUT THIS TIME DON'T LOOK ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP OF THE LADDER, JUST TAKE IT RUNG BY RUNG, DAY BY DAY, AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW.

TO THOSE THAT WANT TO QUIT.

I have trouble understanding until i step back and reconsider addiction and alcoholism.

Everybody has different devices. I drink but i dont really enjoy it enough to develop into

a problem drinker. As such when i hear about someone that threw everything away for the

bottle or otherwise has a terrible drinking problem the first thing to go thru my mind "how

could that come to pass" But blowing enough K to sedate half the cats in Detroit and taking

150mg of xanax in the course of a couple days not only seemed reasonable but the

thing to do over and over and over. To step outside myself and look in from the outside,

what i just described is probably worse than a drinking problem. Even tho the results of

drinking are bad atleast they are known.. I guess i will get off the soapbox here and now

and say EVERYTHING IN MODERATION kids. Drugs and alcohol stop being fun once you

develop dependance and or other health problems. Thats is all.

Throughout all of my various addictions, I would have the problem of being judgmental.

"At least I'm not as bad as him" I smoke an ounce of weed a day but at least I don't drink.

I drink a bit but at least I don't do crank. Sure I tweak a little but, hey I don't smoke crack.

Ya, I smoke some crack but I'm not on heroin. Oxy doesn't count, right?

Addiction is all the same. I'm having a REAL hard time with sobriety but it has to be all or nothing. Replacement therapy has failed.

The old time AA people kill me. Come in there talking about how you are dope sick but don't drink and they will tell you to cop some dope and don't come back. Almost like ch0.

Don't get your dog drunk. That's all.

/dogloveraddictoner