Alcoholism

Step8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
if you think you have a drinking problem probably the first and best thing

you could do is run out and get a couple xanax scrips.

so you can get 5 times drunker in a fraction of the time.

The xanax sensation is very similar to alcohol for me.

1 bar = 22 oz

2 bars= 40 0z

3 bars= 6 tallboys

4 bars =8 beers

5 bars= a 12 pack.

Only difference. I can drink a 12 pack no problem but it may take me 3 or 4 hours.

10 mg of xanax you can toss back in 2 seconds. And its just as easy to take 4 times that.

At which point and i've been there and beyond i'm at the functional level of someone thats

drank a couple cases of beer. You cant drink that much and live to talk about it. Ive heard

of people overdosing on xanax but they had ingested quantities well in excess of 150 mg.

You are just really really drunk. Stealing shit, starting fights, being an asshole, getting

arrested, waking up in jail. If you could drink several cases of beer what else would you

expect?

When i have 6 beers and xanax i usually drink one... take a couple bars and the next day I

still have 5 beers. I am not responsible enough to have any quantity of xanax. If i have 6 mg

i will eat all 6. If i have 30mg when i finally snap out of it they will all be gone. I've gotten

a lot better about it. I wont get them from a doctor. I rather buy them on the streets and

get ripped off. Atleast that way i dont have bottles of 90-180 mg sitting around. That could

cost me so much more in terms of money, time, freedom. I usually get 3 bars and leave it

at that

:lol:

There's a difference between alcoholism and binge drinking my homeslice. I dig a good binge now and again and I also enjoy a few after work or with dinner or whilst painting. I can also stop after a few if I so choose. True alcoholism is a sad fucked up thing and I've seen many a fine mind go to seed because of it. A true alco can't stop after 1, they have to keep going until blackout time. I had a friend once spew at like 3 in the morning and when he realized he was in the sticks with no way to get booze he started eating his own puke cause he knew it had booze in it. I seen dudes hanging almost like junkies, waiting, sweating, outside the bottle shop for it to open at 10am. Sad shit yo. As with any drug, control it and don't let it control you. Easier said than done

whaaaaat? where you live at? 6am bar ftw where i live.. but naw yea i do feel like a scumbag the few times ive gone. you can only watch so many delivery truck drivers take shots before their shifts/old men drinking beers while reading the paper/coke feinds trying to keep the party going while the sun has been up before you wonder what the fuck is going on in this world.

• 3 weeks later...

So last night my piece of shit roommate gets shit-wasted and tears through the bathroom destroying the mirror with a framed poster. He then continues to argue with his girlfriend outside and ends up bashing in the window to my room, siiiiccckkk right? Im bout to go chuck his laptop in the street or something..

my ex's mom drank herself into unconciousness and choked on her own vomit.

she laid on the floor dead as a doornail for days until someone finally broke the door down.

i cant tell you how many bottles of cheap vodka i used to get conned into buying her just so i could come over and smash her daughter while she was passed out to saturday night live.

and yet here i am, on 12oz drinking beer and reminiscing.

if you feel like its a problem, its a problem, trust.

So last night my piece of shit roommate gets shit-wasted and tears through the bathroom destroying the mirror with a framed poster. He then continues to argue with his girlfriend outside and ends up bashing in the window to my room, siiiiccckkk right? Im bout to go chuck his laptop in the street or something..

I doubt you will, mainly due to the fact that you're probably frightened of him.

A friend of mine's mother once stuffed tinned tomatoes up her alko husbands arse whilst he was passed out drunk. Soft cunt was a bit of a hypochondriac and though he was crappin blood.

Who's ever pissed themselves when in an advanced state of refreshment, woke up the next day, gone back out and carried on getting hammered without bothering to change?

I have more than once, every now and again you catch the acrid whiff of ammonia as the aroma of drying urine rises from your clothes in order that it might fill your nostrils with that unmistakable pissy tang. It can be quite enjoyable in an odd kinda way.

im not concerned with being an alcoholic, i know im not because i regularly take short breaks from drinking and i would rather relax in other ways before drinking a beer.

having said that i do drink a lot, the sheer amount of alcohol going through my liver cannot be good long term, thats about all that concerns me with drinking.

alcoholism has to be the most boring addiction, i don't know why anyone would find it's effects desirable 24/7.

im not concerned with being an alcoholic, i know im not because i regularly take short breaks from drinking and i would rather relax in other ways before drinking a beer.

having said that i do drink a lot, the sheer amount of alcohol going through my liver cannot be good long term, thats about all that concerns me with drinking.

alcoholism has to be the most boring addiction, i don't know why anyone would find it's effects desirable 24/7.

Many alcoholics embark on regular, self enforced periods of abstinance for the sole purpose of deluding themselves and those around them into the belief that they are not, in fact, alcoholics.

Sounds like it's only a matter of time 'til you're sat on a park bench, covered completely in a patina of assorted filth, swatting at imaginary demons and shouting incoherent abuse at passers by. Oh yes.

Many alcoholics embark on regular, self enforced periods of abstinance for the sole purpose of deluding themselves and those around them into the belief that they are not, in fact, alcoholics.

Sounds like it's only a matter of time 'til you're sat on a park bench, covered completely in a patina of assorted filth, swatting at imaginary demons and shouting incoherent abuse at passers by. Oh yes.

no, they don't. because REAL alcoholics' bodies have become so physically dependant on alcohol that they need at least 4-10 standard drinks a day just to function.

the drinkers that purposely go on hiatus from drinking are proving they aren't addicted to alcohol because they dont get (in most cases) comedowns when they aren't drinking.

you shouldn't even bother replying.

no, they don't. because REAL alcoholics' bodies have become so physically dependant on alcohol that they need at least 4-10 standard drinks a day just to function.

the drinkers that purposely go on hiatus from drinking are proving they aren't addicted to alcohol because they dont get (in most cases) comedowns when they aren't drinking.

you shouldn't even bother replying.

Oooh, this kid sounds UMAD, what's wrong, dontcha know that getting all defensive about your drinking is a sure sign of incipient alcoholism?

And anyway, there are 5 classifications of drinker, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta & Epsilon, of which the final three are termed as "addicted alcoholics", however, of these, only Delta alcoholics require alcohol constantly in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

Gamma alcoholics tend to lose control completely, often under the influence of a relatively small amount (nb, this is not the same as an inexperienced drinker biting off more than he/she can chew), however they are capable of periods abstinance, and epsilons have no problem staying sober, but if they have just one drink, then they feel physically compelled to carry on drinking until they pass out and will often repeat this behaviour upon waking up for a number of days or longer. I'm one of these epsilon cunts btw.

So actually baby, you don't really know what your talking about. I'd book into some AA meetings pretty fuckin sharpish, otherwise there's a park bench, a pair of heavily soiled, half-mast slacks and a grubby raincoat of indeterminate colour with your name on 'em.

• 4 months later...

sorry to bump this thread, but im at my fuckin wits end.

im still fairly young (under 30), and ive been drinking hard since age 15. at first it was just sort of the weekend party, lets get shitfaced and experiment type of shit. but gradually shit changed. ive always been a marijuana connosieur, but i got caught up with mdma for a few years. then something happened, i began getting anxiety attacks, which were completely foreign to me. so i quit doin that shit, but i found i had insomnia like a motherfucker. in order to calm down and get drowsy i began drinking a feer beers before bed. nothing serious. this was 6 years ago.

i can probably count on one hand the amount of days i havent been drunk in the past 6 years. its depressing. ive lost two quality relationships because of it. the last one ended this month, when i showed up to study with the girl absolutely wasted and trying to play it off like i was sober. im disgusted with myself.

i have (had) some quality homies who have stood by me for years while they cleaned up their lives and i spiralled downhill. theyre getting fed up and basically told me if i dont sober up, theyre washing their hands of me.

when i think of all the stupid shit ive done due to alcohol i get sick to my stomach. ive nearly killed people/myself, crashed vehicles, gotten violent, had unsafe sex with chicks i normally wouldnt look twice at, caught charges, and completely alienated myself from basically everyone i care about, family included. even my lil sister wont even talk to me anymore.

even as im typing this i feel the stress mounting, and im craving liquor. i fucked up, instead of drinking socially, i have used alcohol as a coping mechanism any time life threw me a curve ball. i dont know how i let it get this bad. i have no real interest in any positive activities anymore, exercise, art, nothing. all i want to do is get blunted and drink my face off.

i dont really know why im typing 12oz an essay, im sure no one gives a shit. but the bottom line is, im considering rehab or AA almost immediately. i feel like if i dont i will be dead within the next 10 years.

anyways it feels good to write shit down. i woke up today, looked in the mirror, and realized i dont even recognize myself anymore. im gonna make a few calls about placement in a program as soon as i post this. i know this sounds cliche, but it straight up feels like today is the first day of the rest of my life.

im sure most of you didnt read this, i dont blame ya.

but if you did, thanks for listening.

if anyone has or needs any kind of support, im more than down to help in any way i can.

peace out homies,

sayWORD?

• Like 1

Today I have one year and one day without a drink. I work a program of complete abstinence from all mind altering chemicals and I do so with the life goal of living the rest of my life sober.

I do this because my drinking had gotten to a point where attempts to control it were failing and I was loosing control of certain aspects of my life. I like to be in control.

I quit hard drugs around 12 years back, it took me another 11 years to realize that I needed to quit drinking as well. I think it is unfortunate that it took me so long to come to that conclusion but am glad that I did. With a big chunk of time without drinking I found myself enjoying activities that I had neglected for years, things like bicycle riding, drawing, and shit fuck I flew a kite the other day and it was actually just as cool as getting shitfaced.

Anyway, it can be done and you do not need to become a parody of yourself to do it.

Good Day SayWORD

• Like 1