Alcoholism

Step8

If that's what it takes, then that what it takes. If you can drink and pay your bills, maintain social relationships, go for it. if you can can shoot just a little bit of heroin, get down with your bad self. if this is how you get out of bed, maybe it's time for a lifestyle evaluation.

l.jpg

I'm not gonna knock you if you return the favor.

This was a few years ago and a few relapses ago. I don't subscribe to all of the 12 steps but it gives me some thing else to focus on.

I know,

If I say it often enough, maybe someday I'll believe it.

Maybe you drank so much because you dress like shit. Nice white t and some new vans probably would of helped you out more than AA.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it's not really about getting you clean, it's about getting you to find jebus.

It's all bullshit. it's just another way for the church to get in your life

We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.

Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Cliffnotes: You niggas is sheep.

Maybe I missed the point and to be honest I did not really read the beginning of the thread. If the point of the thread was to debate the merits of the 12 step program and its success rate in treating addiction that is one thing.

I am a drug addict that made a decision to stop using. I later decided to stop using alcohol as well. I have never immersed myself in any program but have at times gotten support from the NA program.

I know that my life is better without using then it was using. Knowing that there are others who suffer from addiction it is my hope for them that they can find peace and sobriety in their life. If they choose to do so through a program different than mine then that is okay with me.

Maybe you drank so much because you dress like shit. Nice white t and some new vans probably would of helped you out more than AA

Maybe you drank so much because you dress like shit. Nice white t and some new vans probably would of helped you out more than AA.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.I just want that fucking krink recipe. And some wife beaters

story_lrgimage_2011_01_R1113_EAST_VILLAGE_BAR_THEFT_INCREASE_11911.jpg

AA/NA Works for some people & some people don't need it. I know hardcore drinkers that quit drinking because they got in trouble or just woke up one day and never drank again. I was into hard drugs and took me rehab after rehab until I finally stayed clean for a long period of time. I was in The Salvation Army rehab center for six months. I've been drug and alcohol free over a year now & haven't been to a meeting since I left rehab. But my life has totally changed for the better. I just got sick of the bullshit.

But there's a big difference between the people who WANT to get sober and go to AA than the people who HAVE to go there to get their slip signed. So your statistics aren't that valid.

And as far as the god thing goes, that's not even in the steps anymore. nothing about god is.

• Like 1

i have a problem with booze.

if you dont, cool. drink up.

im gonna try a few things that i havent tried before to see if i can clean up a bit.

if that makes me less of a man to some of you ultra cool 12ozers, ill try to get over it.

gettin negs for quitting drinking?

cmon son :rolleyes:

haha the hate train rolled right up in this bitch.

i havent drank for 3 years.

my life is a hell of a lot better now then it was. im lucky to be alive.

AA does stress a relationship with God, doesn't mean Jesus necessarily but God of some sort.

some folks arent into it, some folks might not get it. doesnt really matter.

i have a problem with booze.

if you dont, cool. drink up.

im gonna try a few things that i havent tried before to see if i can clean up a bit.

if that makes me less of a man to some of you ultra cool 12ozers, ill try to get over it.

gettin negs for quitting drinking?

cmon son :rolleyes:

Do what you have to do. Good luck.