Alcoholism

Step8

i once went in front of a judge for an alcohol related crime and he said to me, "me and a few colleagues were having a discussion about what constitutes an alcoholic. the conclusion that we came to is that if alcohol causes you problems in life, you are an alcoholic. (addressing me) mr. ______, you are an alcoholic, i hope you get the help you need."

i really don't even drink that much anymore, but yeah, i'd say i've been an alcoholic for a long while.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

After going through all that I never even wanted to taste alcohol for a long time. But lately, I've been drinking a lot. I drink until I black out pretty often.... I don't think I'm an alcoholic, I don't really feel addicted to drinking or anything like that, and I only occasionally drink alone. However, I do find that I either drink like a fish or not at all... I often wish I had a little more self control.

Whenever I wake up with huge memory gaps and raging headache I always tell myself I should quit, but I never do. One day...

If you drink to blackout, and you're an isolated user, you have a fucking problem, man. Hahaha. there's no if ands or buts.

Wow, sometimes I wonder what people consider an alcoholic. I know I'm an alcoholic and it's pretty fucking simple.

If you drink more than intended - Alcoholic.

If you drink and blackout from it - Alcoholic.

If your parents were alcoholics, you yourself run a 80-90% chance of having a prexisting condition of alcoholism.

I could go on and on, but if you think you have a problem with alcohol, you probably do. You would be suprised to learn that there are alot of people who can sit down and have one drink. I'm not one of those people. One drink almost always leads me to finishing out the night as a plastered, worthless, blacked out drunk..

Step 8.

The simple fact that you are worried about your drinking, is probably a sign that it has gotten somewhat out of hand. Its been my experience, that I usually dont even notice something until it becomes a blaring problem and starts to interfere with my daily life. Even if other people around me have brought it up in the past. 'Normal' people dont need to worry about cutting down drinking, they just drink less. Whether your an alcoholic or not, thats kind of up to you to decide. Id be more than willing to talk with you in greater depth about this if you'd like, just PM me.

Step 8.

The simple fact that you are worried about your drinking, is probably a sign that it has gotten somewhat out of hand. Its been my experience, that I usually dont even notice something until it becomes a blaring problem and starts to interfere with my daily life. Even if other people around me have brought it up in the past. 'Normal' people dont need to worry about cutting down drinking, they just drink less. Whether your an alcoholic or not, thats kind of up to you to decide. Id be more than willing to talk with you in greater depth about this if you'd like, just PM me.

i'm guessing that in the 9 years since step 8 originally started this thread, he has either gotten a handle on problems or died in a pool of vomit.

it's nice that somebody around here cares though.

i think i may be an alcoholic.

alcohol is getting in the way of my school work and is affecting my personality and health in an extremely negative way.

i embarrass myself on a regular basis under the influence of alcohol.

i have been arrested many times while under the influence of alcohol.

i steal alcohol/steal for alcohol.

i am completely blacked-out drunk 3-5 nights a week. i hide this from my girlfriend that transfered to a school 100 miles away from me. she would dump my ass if she knew about my drinking habits.

i am drunk right now.

i realize that this is ruining my life. i feel this way often, but i know i will be drinking in an irresponsible way soon again in the future.

i drink heavily once or twice a week without fail. i havent not done so for a couple years. i wouldnt say im really an alcoholic coz i know some and they serious rum with breakfast types. But I do look forward to a good drink. I hate it when my friends,= who smoke instead of drink tell me i drink too often, when they high every day.