Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Are you in a Mixed Race Relationship?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Gunm, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Gunm

Gunm Banned

So here's the question....have you ever dated someone outside of your race or have you in the past?

Was it without incident or did you ever get static from folks on your side of the fence as well as the other side?

I've dated an asian girl for quite some time now and it's about as normal as it gets although there have been a few times when I've gotten mean mugged by asian gangsters when me and the missus are out and about.

2. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

Yeah I have. And it was all normal. No mean mugs or anything. But I think it also depends on the culture you are involved in. The "idie-rock" culture seems to be very "in to" mixed race relationships. Ha. I just saw an MTV thing on this.

3. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

i've dated across the races and never really had any probs. a few years back i semi-seriously dated a black woman and she caught some flak from other black women sometimes.... just some under breath muttering.."you still black gurl!" and the like.

i'm sure alot of it has to do with the part of the country you are in. i live in such a melting pot now its no thing, but other places (like where i was a few years back) its a little different. and then you got BFE..where it's a whole 'nother story.

4. shape1369

shape1369 Member

yup, my on and off girlfriend for the last two years was black. didnt really catch any shit from anyone... have dated an asian before too...i agree about it being a regional thing. ive noticed here in the south, its pretty common to see interracial dating

5. alure

alure Dirty Dozen Crew

i'm always in a mixed relationship because i'm mixed and i've never met anyone with the same mix as me..i have a thing for my white boys..haha and i've never come across any problems...

6. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Yes I have. No problems.

7. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

i've dated black men, white men and hispanic

i like them all, never had a problem. the only issue is when their friends and them all speak a different language and you have no idea what they're saying. but it's cool since it's like an immersion program everytime you hang out.

8. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

yes, i am in a mixed race relationship: i am filipino, and he is spanish/italian.

in the past, i have had a problem with dating guys from my own race; they seem to like staying in their own little clique, excluding others and limiting themselves to partying, smoking, the latest fashion trend, racing, and hanging out with the same people from high school. i don't think they do it on purpose, it's just how they grew up i guess...

9. Scrabble

Scrabble Member

Yes. The only problem was pronouncing his name.

10. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

I had a serious thing with this white girl a while back, and then some black girl .

Ive never gotten shit for it.

I have yet to find a spanish girl that can fit with me, so fuck it, if i love someone i love them for who they are and not what they are.

Im currently dating a redhead. Fiery little number.

11. ^O^

^O^ Banned

I dated a black man once...well, he dated me

12. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

<span style='color:black'>I dont know about dating but I was on a mission to plant my flag in every race of girls moon. I never caught shit for it though except for the black girls. All i heard were black guys saying shit like "You know that white boy cant hit it right." But when it comes down to it i guess i have the best of both worlds; a big dick and good credit.</span>:p

13. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

yes, im currently dating an east African chic from Eritrea(small country outside of ethiopia) shes was born and raised in Italy and has been in the U.S. for 5 years....

we have been dating for 2 and a half years and its getting a lot more serious...being that we live together...some of yinz might have seen her in my past post..

anyways, we dont really get shit from other people about us being together BUT other black men(african americans) do make remarks to her about dating a white guy..

we do sometimes get strange looks....but only from black people...

14. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

I never had the expirenece. I just prefer spanish girls over any!

15. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

my white was weiner was inside a chinese girl last night and i love it.