What’s your biggest fear

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
17 minutes ago, morton said:

Dementia 

100% on this

100% fucking percent!!

My dad was diagnosed with it at 56 and he went into care  the following year.

Spent the last 7 or so years of his life in secure wards of hospitals because he used to get really wound up.

4 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Mine is being poor again 

and low key this as well.

8 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

100% on this

100% fucking percent!!

My dad was diagnosed with it at 56 and he went into care  the following year.

Spent the last 7 or so years of his life in secure wards of hospitals because he used to get really wound up.

and low key this as well.

Getting tickets to see Iron Maiden and then not being able to go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

BOTH scenarios are bad here. did manager get locked in and murdered? locked in by accident and slowly died alone? 

Holy shit. Oh my god. Not being able to escape a thing is pretty high on the list. I was watching some history program and I don't know if it was the English or the French or the Spanish but one of these middle age barbarians had some sort of sewage ditches under their buildings or what ever. They would just throw people down there. It was pitch black and super tight. Pissy and shitty. Fuck that nonsense. 

Was originally going to head to NZ to go see them but sanity prevailed and I opted for a local show.

Since I was feeling pretty fucking flush with cash I bought some premium VIP tickets.

$375.00 each

Covid hit and finally after 4 months of stating they might postpone Iron Maiden announced that they were not postponing their tour, they were cancelling it and money would be refunded in 4-6 weeks. plus however long it was gonna take ticketmaster to get their thumbs out of there arses.

So ticketmaster and Iron maiden sat on my money plus a buttload of other people's money for so long happily collecting interest. Well over 6 months

had forgotten about that actually! 

2020 was such a shit show that that was an early phase! 

EDIT Just checked IM website and that gig was three years ago last week.

fuck pricks never came back but have played across the world  twice since then.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Oh I'm scared of heights. It used to just be open heights but now it's even in scissor lifts and cherry pickers. They always feel like they are gonna tip over.

AWPs are whack.  I have to work at heights occasionally and I don't love it lemme tell you.  I can't lean on a balcony railing either when its up past a few stories. 

• Truth 1

On 5/14/2023 at 5:54 AM, fat ralphy said:

Abandonment - or losing the ones I love. 

Grew up with a dad who didn’t care much and have lost my two greatest friends. 

I struggle with secure attachment.

General shit, probably snakes. 

Embrace your inner serpent and become a dragon like me. Hell you are a man with a snake living between his legs that can dominate all rational thought aren't you? If that isn't evidence we are all Annunaki or whatever then nothing is.

My fear is heights, and I can't even watch Ally Law type videos without feeling queasy. As for everything else, only the ocean humbles me, which given I live in the metacrawler and snake infested HTML domain of Australia, probably explains my growing peacefulness with such creatures over time.

11 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

@Mauler5150 haha you have some points

on a related note, I forgot I am also fearful of heights, flying etc

I guess I generally have anxiety.

I think Anxiety is a standard human experience that everyone suffers from in some aspect of life. I personally have no issues flying, it is just the jetlag I suffer from as a result of living in the arse end of the world here in Oz sees any overseas jaunt I have made pretty much taking a full day in transit to get to Europe or the USA.

Also Anxiety is a cool 2 minute long song from Bad Religion that, along with "Sometimes it feels like $&@$@@!" from the No Control album pretty much sum up the default state of being for what I would guess is 90% of humans, with the lyric "Foundation of society, Anxiety, supress it if you can" being the struggle I no longer have any desire to deal with based on my acceptance that life is scripted and if you choose to dwell on what others are doing (or those who have done wrong to you) then you are losing the game of life as you care too much about nothing and that which you cannot control.

My only real stress in life is my financial predicament and my inability to be able to afford to live alone. Yet I accept my situation for what it is and just enjoy the theater of life as I watch the movie I am the star of get completely absurd and find it strange how others seek to complain as opposed to enjoying the ride and positive aspects of existence that make one laugh.

And a word of advice for anyone who starts to feel anxious for no reason, just think of the loudest or smellyest fart you have dealt or suffered experiencing in life and just remember that whatever is making you anxious has nothing on such ridiculous aspects of human existence.

On 5/14/2023 at 11:37 AM, Schnitzel said:

Was originally going to head to NZ to go see them but sanity prevailed and I opted for a local show.

Since I was feeling pretty fucking flush with cash I bought some premium VIP tickets.

$375.00 each

Covid hit and finally after 4 months of stating they might postpone Iron Maiden announced that they were not postponing their tour, they were cancelling it and money would be refunded in 4-6 weeks. plus however long it was gonna take ticketmaster to get their thumbs out of there arses.

So ticketmaster and Iron maiden sat on my money plus a buttload of other people's money for so long happily collecting interest. Well over 6 months

had forgotten about that actually! 

2020 was such a shit show that that was an early phase! 

EDIT Just checked IM website and that gig was three years ago last week.

fuck pricks never came back but have played across the world  twice since then.

Did you not see them when they came for the Soundwave festival about 10 years or so ago?

I "watched" them play from way back about 20m behind the back of the crowd and spent most of the set talking to a childhood friend I hadn't caught up with for 10 or so years prior so pretty much just listened to them in between our conversation. It was also because they were playing late and after already having braved 8 hours or so of various bands and seeing Pennywise just prior, I was done moshing for the day.

They did sound good and pretty sure they played Hallowed be thy Name, so I can tick that off the bucketlist of life events I am grateful to have experienced.

Now this talking of gigs has given me a thread idea....

• Like 1

I will update this to add my biggest fear is getting given the love I gave out in the same exact form I gave it.

So it means my woman coming to get me in a Lamborghini to take me anywhere in the world all expenses paid with her having zero attachments to anyone but me as we are free to make a fresh start living a life of 5 star (or more) luxury, just as I have given to her.

The reason I fear this is if it were to happen, then I would no longer be the greatest lover to ever live, which as it currently stands, is a title I would prefer to hold onto as I make a mockery of anyone whose fears prevent them from taking similar actions to prove they are on my level.

Also, it would prevent me from seeing her as a liar, and perhaps it is better for her to remain in fear of my judgement as to her incapacity to reciprocate love as it was given to her.