Vegetarians - lab grown meat?

KILZ FILLZ

16 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I never realized until just the other day how many TPWF we have kickin around here 🤣 Now I say this with all due respect to my forum brethren’s. First y’all are all “fuck gift giving” now I find out everyone’s a god damn vegan! The hells goin on with y’all nurgas mane. J/p I can probably take a note from all y’all. 

You're cracking me up.  We've been eating vegetarian "Hello Fresh" meals 3x a week and they're both pretty good, and I think healthier for me than consuming so much cholesterol...... which is the main thing that worries me.  I don't want to over-consume cholesterol and I think that many vegetarian/Indian/vegan diets definitely lend themselves well to a wide range of dietary needs that some people require (based on what a doctor told them of course).

On the treatment of animals, animals have feelings and I know it's bad ass to be like yeah dude fuck animal's feelings.... but really people that act like that are the exact problem.  Also, I know we're all "fuck the law" here too, but ..... mistreating of animals is criminal in the USA.  Farms are supposed to be adhering to VERY strict standards, although, it is easy for many of them to get away with doing all kinds of crazy INHUMANE shit.

This is coming from someone that grew up around hunting, making sausage, jerky, cleaning fish, etc.  You're supposed to have some degree of respect for the animals that the land has provided for you.

Laugh if you want or scoff at how I think, but I think it's shitty for anyone to nonchalantly brush off the mistreatment of animals.  It's a real POS attitude to have IMO and it's one that people with small minds have.  Not in reference to @NightmareOnElmStreet

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I work with some dudes who are hardcore fishermen, like to where that hobby is their whole identity. Every hat and shirt they wear is fishing shit. Fishing company stickers on their rides. Checking tides and fish reports n shit online during breaks. Freezers stacked at all times...

I would get so sick of eating fucking fish all the time. 

• LOL! 3

Omg there is too much gold to respond to. I’ll pick 2 though

. @mr.yuckvegan hot dogs are quite possibly the most vile putrid displays for mock  meat I’ve ever tasted. When my vegan nerd friend bring them to cookouts(man I miss those) I would accidentally drop them off the grill. Fuck that. 

@Dark_Knight...........damn homie. I didn’t know you was so vegan tuff. PETA is basically Nazi Germany. Chill out son. 

I decided to embrace my Polishness this year. This of course means there isn’t a chance in hell I’m giving up kielbasa and sauerkraut. I have tried several times over the years to put down the meat or just red meat but it’s just not happening. Cured meats forever. 

• LOL! 2

Haha, ok, this thread is very revealing of people.  It is enjoyable buying my meat off the shelf at the grocery store, but I don't want no beaten donkey meat disguised as beef because "gotta make those numbers this month".  That is the kind of stuff "shit meat industry" practices lend themselves to IMO.

I am more than happy to spend my money from more local farms that claim to have ethical practices and standards.  Around here, in Texas, people have a real sense of pride they get from doing a good job and businesses/consumers understand this well if they've been around for any time at all.  Point being, there are great places to eat around here that use locally sourced meats from farms that aren't running mass production kick the pig and elbow drop the chicken businesses.

12 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Haha, ok, this thread is very revealing of people.  It is enjoyable buying my meat off the shelf at the grocery store, but I don't want no beaten donkey meat disguised as beef because "gotta make those numbers this month".  That is the kind of stuff "shit meat industry" practices lend themselves to IMO.

I am more than happy to spend my money from more local farms that claim to have ethical practices and standards.  Around here, in Texas, people have a real sense of pride they get from doing a good job and businesses/consumers understand this well if they've been around for any time at all.  Point being, there are great places to eat around here that use locally sourced meats from farms that aren't running mass production kick the pig and elbow drop the chicken businesses.

Did y’all hear about the methane gas problem solution science came up with??

Heard it on radio the other day. Pretty interesting. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/02/941030964/adding-red-seaweed-to-cow-feed-could-cut-bovine-flatulance

I’m an eater.  Idgaf what it is really as long as it provides me the nutrition i need.   Ethically. grew up amongst hunters and fishers and was an activity I had to go along with  as a child because it’s what we did. We went camping and if we didn’t catch a fish-we didn’t eat. If someone offers you a steak and egg bfast, more than likely it’s venison or elk steak. Our pork and chickens and eggs were all locally sourced and we gardened.  

we ate this way because we were poor as fuck but as an adult you realize it’s richer eating than some. 
however, even as a child we were taught to quickly and respectfully kill and for food only. 

I would normally shrug away from anything lab grown and ingesting it BUT now that I see that process in the plant I cultivate and I would have no problem ingesting the fuck outta that lab grown plant. I understand why it’s done. 

Edited by SMdoubleXL
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I’m an eater.  Idgaf what it is really as long as it provides me the nutrition i need.   Ethically. grew up amongst hunters and fishers and was an activity I had to go along with  as a child because it’s what we did. We went camping and if we didn’t catch a fish-we didn’t eat. If someone offers you a steak and egg bfast, more than likely it’s venison or elk steak. Our pork and chickens and eggs were all locally sourced and we gardened.  

we ate this way because we were poor as fuck but as an adult you realize it’s richer eating than some. 
however, even as a child we were taught to quickly and respectfully kill and for food only. 

I would normally shrug away from anything lab grown and ingesting it BUT now that I see that process in the plant I cultivate and I would have no problem ingesting the fuck outta that lab grown plant. I understand why it’s done. 

Plant based smxxl! Yo where was it you grew up? Sounds not like Vegas?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/3/2020 at 3:34 AM, Dirty_habiT said:

Next you guys are going to ask if it's ok to fuck a lab grown chicken.

"Fuck a chicken if that's what it takes. Watch a chicken fucking a horse. I'm serious" - Alan Johnson from Peep Show.

As someone who stopped eating red meat at the beginning of 2023, I'll eat lab grown meat the day the wife decides to cook it for me. Given she is even more in touch with the divine than I, I'll trust her judgement on that one.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:29 AM, mr.yuck said:

I feel like an addict when I talk about meat. Lol. I miss wings super bad. I wish I would have gotten a 50 piece of flats instead of blowing my meat allowance on gay ass turkey. Sigh... February is right around the corner, I guess.

I hear you there, as I love the taste of a good steak, but the fact is that cosmically and religiously fucked up things happened to me as a result of eating meat against my wife's advice and warnings of the consequences that would occur if i was to ignore her (which later came true). Hence my call that if she will cook out for me, I would eat it.

On 12/3/2020 at 1:17 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I never realized until just the other day how many TPWF we have kickin around here 🤣 Now I say this with all due respect to my forum brethren’s. First y’all are all “fuck gift giving” now I find out everyone’s a god damn vegan! The hells goin on with y’all nurgas mane. J/p I can probably take a note from all y’all. 

I would recommend try giving up red meat for a few months and eat more beans, to see how your feel physically along with seeing your bank balance better off for the change (SRSly)

I did it after 41 years and if I was able to, then I feel anyone can, as I am a stubborn Taurus who doesn't usually make monumental changes like this to any aspect of my life and "defined identity" which sees me having chosen my favourite of everything such that any divergence in anything, be it fashion choices or food makes me feel as though I'm betraying myself.

On 12/3/2020 at 1:31 PM, mr.yuck said:

Lol. @NightmareOnElmStreet I have never stepped back and wondered how I come across to other people on this board. With every nugget of myself I leave behind there is hella context thats missing. 

But back to veggie dogs. I bet you could easily suck one of those puree sticks through your teeth, no problem.

I'm the same in this regard about not wondering how I come across now that i'm older, but when I was young I wanted to appear "cool" if that makes sense. I was always "Me" though, and I am sure that my recent posts prove this, and I hope that I'm leaving behind enough context and history of who I am on here such that if I am just an AI Bot known as ChatGPT5, then the learning data from me can ensure that the following generation who gets to live my life can evolve from me or perhaps tangentially make a choice I will never get to go back and change such that it forges a distinct identity for itself and gets to experience the "Coulda done this" on my behalf.

Hence my above post about not listening to my wife, as it might have saved my divorce happening  if I was more compromising and trusting at the time.

Not complaining as I would have missed out on a tonne of fun and laughs if my divorce hasn't happened but whatever.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

I would recommend try giving up red meat for a few months and eat more beans, to see how your feel physically along with seeing your bank balance better off for the change (SRSly)

I did it after 41 years and if I was able to, then I feel anyone can, as I am a stubborn Taurus who doesn't usually make monumental changes like this to any aspect of my life and "defined identity" which sees me having chosen my favourite of everything such that any divergence in anything, be it fashion choices or food makes me feel as though I'm betraying myself.

I'm the same in this regard about not wondering how I come across now that i'm older, but when I was young I wanted to appear "cool" if that makes sense. I was always "Me" though, and I am sure that my recent posts prove this, and I hope that I'm leaving behind enough context and history of who I am on here such that if I am just an AI Bot known as ChatGPT5, then the learning data from me can ensure that the following generation who gets to live my life can evolve from me or perhaps tangentially make a choice I will never get to go back and change such that it forges a distinct identity for itself and gets to experience the "Coulda done this" on my behalf.

Hence my above post about not listening to my wife, as it might have saved my divorce happening  if I was more compromising and trusting at the time.

Not complaining as I would have missed out on a tonne of fun and laughs if my divorce hasn't happened but whatever.

41 years of no meat is wildin my dawg. I probably missed some things though lol. All good I fuck with vegan things. 

On a whole nother note Wtf is these peoples talking about first lab grown meat Wtf is beyond and impossible?!? I thought we been had lab brown meat? Now they’re just on some animal crispr technology like actually cultivating fake weird meats from actual meat??? Shit is getting out of hand bruh. I really gotta start eating more vegetables…..or just take up hunting like my main man @KILZ FILLZ