Vegetarians - lab grown meat?

KILZ FILLZ

Singapore approved sale of lab grown meat this week. I guess there has been a restaurant in Tel Aviv selling something similar for a while now. We have the impossible burgers, beyond burgers, bota burgers etc in US but the lab grown meat is different. From what I’ve seen it looks exactly like chicken

so now my question to vegetarians/vegans/pescatarians/Jews/Muslims and all :

now that the suffering of the animal is not a factor, and you would not be contributing to factory farming, or going against your religion for meat non-kosher/non-halal....

-would you and will you try this?

-Would you and will you add it to your diet?

-Do you have any reservations this doesn’t amend?

-how do you see this affecting your digestion if you haven’t had solid protein in years?

7BC5E1B5-8565-4AE4-B74C-1F40DCEAD9CD.thumb.jpeg.3571195136e59932eb3c55c00d41aa7e.jpeg

13051D75-FFA8-4A69-A188-8AE49B433C3E.thumb.jpeg.6e5e92df2886b100d96ccb1088c8ead7.jpeg

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eat-just-singapore/singapore-becomes-first-country-to-approve-sale-of-lab-grown-meat-idUSKBN28C06Z

• LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

However,  I do believe the consumer market will eventually come to this lab grown, plant based, ect type meats.  I am sure PETA is all in.  I guess they just need a crisis to happen and/or a Greta type spokes person to be the face of  a movement.  

I think that just like with so many other things, it will just take a certain amount of different versions of this to be on the market for people to embrace it. 

im struggling to come up with a better comparison but what is coming to mind is energy drinks. I remember when the dark blue Red Bull and green monsters were the only options a lot of people were very turned off by them. So much sugar, shitty taste, bad for you, all that. But now there are so many different brands and so many different flavors... so many variations available.... it’s not uncommon to see people drinking those things even though just a few years back (10-15?) they were considered gross. 

• Truth 1

I dont eat milk or dairy for health reasons. Im not a strict or militant vegan as I still eat meat every 3 or 4 months. It has nothing to do with the ethical treatment of animals. That being said, I get more protein per gram from beans than I ever did from meat. 

Id rather eat a real animal.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

3 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Next you guys are going to ask if it's ok to fuck a lab grown chicken.

fucking an animal grown in a lab is still fucking an animal, but if you were to grow a pig butthole in a lab—just the butthole—i don't think you're doing any real harm. i don't want to hang out with the person making this decision though 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 4

11 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I fuck with all that weird mock meat shit since forever. I wish there was more for sure. 

Bro a lot of the meat substitutes are tasty but the worst thing on earth is vegan hotdogs. Like hotdogs already have next to no consistency but vegans took it a step further and made the smoothest solid on earth. 🤮

I never realized until just the other day how many TPWF we have kickin around here 🤣 Now I say this with all due respect to my forum brethren’s. First y’all are all “fuck gift giving” now I find out everyone’s a god damn vegan! The hells goin on with y’all nurgas mane. J/p I can probably take a note from all y’all. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 4

17 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I fuck with all that weird mock meat shit since forever. I wish there was more for sure. 

The Quorn faux chicken is pretty good.  I don't typically like the faux meats, I've had a few beyond burgers but I think I like the black bean style veggie burger better.

My wife and kids are veg/vegan (because of lactose intolerance stuff), I'm pretty flex.  If I could reasonably do it I would switch entirely to game but I'm a pretty green hunter, learning all the time.  

My kids eat veggie dogs like crazy, they smell exactly the same but cook up hilarious. 

• Like 1