2020 election day/night hell thread

Elena Delle Donne

23 hours ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

parler kicked off AWS is wild 

i was reading an article that said that google and apple killed off the app but they also lost the aws servers, they cant check email or texts, and no one in the tech world wants to fuck with them cause they have been burnt by apple/google/amazon so they haven't been able to get service back up. not sure if its still true or not but talk about being ghosted...

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm guessing a permaban from every relevant platform is worse for Trump than most, considering his personality. If he's blackballed, and unanimously denied any limelight light like this it has to be painful. Kind of shocked myself but not really.

I bet Trump's old ass still gets a good idea for a tweet, or a need for a quick fix on likes, or just check his mentions. Then he looks at his phone, and pauses as a small tear runs down his cheek, ruining yet another layer of Grecian Formula for Men™ spray tan. 

• LOL! 2

Trump might as well get a flip phone at this point. How the fuck Spotify and Pinterest gonna hit him w that perma ban too?? Lmao. @Mercerkinda crazy that shit could happen but we saw the v1 w Alex Jones. TOS can be a bitch

—————————

so many layers of irony I’ve been trying to digest over the last few days 

conservative Republicans talking shit on FB, IG, Youtube and Twitter over the last few years 

- but choose to use those platforms to document their storming of the capitol, and are outraged when their guy gets the ban, from the platforms they talked shit on for years 

qanon talking about draining the swamp for years - but then that ends up being the qanon politicians/companies/citizens  being outed for either supporting the coup or storming the capitol themselves. Who saw that coming?

anti maskers being so deep in their conviction they don’t even wear masks while committing treason. - When everyone in the country wouldn’t think twice about seeing someone with a face covering 

trumpers being shocked when their figure head sells them out the minute the 25th amendment is discussed - even though his reputation before getting office was that of a real estate developer who told contractors to fuck off at the last minute and wouldn’t pay them

folks having an entire closet full of MAGA gear to support the USA - while the tags say made in China 

trumpito being so fake news - and now news outlets are the only way for him to address the people because his phone has been bricked LMAO

——————

Either way- this is why we have public radio (NPR) and public broadcasting (PBS). We have had 44 other presidents who didn’t need social media to do their job. So fuck him. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

10 hours ago, diggity said:

i was reading an article that said that google and apple killed off the app but they also lost the aws servers, they cant check email or texts, and no one in the tech world wants to fuck with them cause they have been burnt by apple/google/amazon so they haven't been able to get service back up. not sure if its still true or not but talk about being ghosted...

they SAY they can't get any support but i am certain there are people in eastern europe who will take their money. that said, it sounds like no one will want to go back to parler

76A9F274-0291-4CE9-A070-9B246C625136.jpeg

25385360-0BF5-4CA0-9CE1-577ACA1ED998.jpeg

CB506863-B729-4F0F-B522-D1057528207D.jpeg

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • LOL! 1

On 1/7/2021 at 6:09 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

@mr.yuck I’d wager it’s mostly their coworkers selling them out. That $1000 reward the FBI is offering > $600 stimmy.

Seems like a lot of these folks were snitching themselves out on Parler, Twitter alternative that makes you provide front and back pics of your ID.... and get this... your SSN to create an acct. Parler brands itself as the Twitter option for the right, some folks suggesting it might be a CIA honeypot to get them to snitch on themselves. If that’s true, it worked. 

Those hackers may have been white hats. 

Its kinda easy to do so for these guys.  If you can capitalize on the competition in just the right manner then its easy to to do and get away with.   I mean look at what just happened to Parler.  Some may say its justified because a few bad seeds.  But it sounds like parler got bent over and eliminated before they became competition to fb.   

IDK but something doesn't look right and validates this article.   

One of my concerns has always been big tech companies abuse the power for capital gains by foreseeing competitive threats and manipulating people/markets to purposefully devalue a company to make them worth next to nothing then buy them up for cheap as

possible via direct or shell company.  

• Truth 1

31 minutes ago, Kults said:

the cases against each of these companies are somewhat unique and fairly interesting, do recommend diving deeper if you're interested. facebook has the instagram acquisition. amazon takes apart your products and figures out how they're made and then sells clones as amazon basics. google owns online search and digital advertising, which is problematic. the list goes on. i am a shithead, not a lawyer, but i think all have a good bit of merit 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, diggity said:

That's not entirely true.  I even got some of my tech friends to agree. after not agreeing, that they would work for Parler.com if some x amount of money was offered for the contract.

I'd do it without thinking  twice.... for the money.  It doesn't have to have anything to do with politics at all.  I'd do it for Biden's admin as well.... for the right price of course.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

Its kinda easy to do so for these guys.  If you can capitalize on the competition in just the right manner then its easy to to do and get away with.   I mean look at what just happened to Parler.  Some may say its justified because a few bad seeds.  But it sounds like parler got bent over and eliminated before they became competition to fb.   

IDK but something doesn't look right and validates this article.   

One of my concerns has always been big tech companies abuse the power for capital gains by foreseeing competitive threats and manipulating people/markets to purposefully devalue a company to make them worth next to nothing then buy them up for cheap as

possible via direct or shell company.  

This trope (your top paragraph) was a running joke on Judge's Silicon Valley show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

If they were hired they’d still be black hat? Thought that was the dividing line but not my area for sure @Dirty_habiT

White hat is considered to be a person who uses their skills in computer science to do good things, build firewalls, block attacks, and make systems more secure.  Black hats are typically doing illegal things.  It's very easy to do illegal things on the internet and what should be very scary right now to everyone is what is considered to be "illegal".

The privately owned social media companies get to determine what is illegal or not now. 

• Props 1

I remember during the early days of Ethereum, someone designed a multisig wallet with a flaw that allowed an attacker to essentially crack the wallet without even needing a password. "White Hat" hackers basically cracked every version of that wallet with a balance in it, and returned the funds before the vulnerability was known. The hackers just ran the money back to the original owners via know public key addresses for those wallets, but without the flawed multisig wallet. They literally took millions of dollars out of these wallets without keeping a dime.

• Like 4
  • Props 2