2020 election day/night hell thread

Elena Delle Donne

1 minute ago, Kults said:

did you forget the anti trump terrorist shootings up a republican baseball game? or how about people getting dragged out of their cars and beaten?  we could go back n forth like this for hours but that wasn’t my point. both sides have bad actors. you can try going tit for tat about it but i don’t think that will lead anywhere 

only one side is trying to destroy democracy and the honor of this country’s electoral process

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

only one side is trying to destroy democracy and the honor of this country’s electoral process

so that failed impeachment attempt based on a demonstrable hoax and 4 year toddler temper tantrum was to honour your country’s electoral process? 

nice 👍🏻 

• Props 1

3 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Damn your user name is fitting for where you stand in American politics.

don’t forget, where i’m from makes the dems look like center right. Can you really

blame me for being a little more receptive to conservatism? If i’d grown up american my life experience would undoubtedly be different and who knows maybe i’d even be a democrat as a result of that. Grass always greener 

1 minute ago, Kults said:

don’t forget, where i’m from makes the dems look like center right. Can you really

blame me for being a little more receptive to conservatism? If i’d grown up american my life experience would undoubtedly be different and who knows maybe i’d even be a democrat as a result of that. Grass always greener 

I have not qualms with conservatives. Trump isn’t what republicans traditionally represent. Feel bad that obligatory political loyalty ruined the party.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Knight said:

I have not qualms with conservatives. Trump isn’t what republicans traditionally represent. Feel bad that obligatory political loyalty ruined the party.

the term is all relative in practice anyway. Our conservative party leans further left than the democrats on lots of issues. Not all but on many. Healthcare, Immigration and Crime to name a few

26 minutes ago, Kults said:

the term is all relative in practice anyway. Our conservative party leans further left than the democrats on lots of issues. Not all but on many. Healthcare, Immigration and Crime to name a few

this is a fascinating rhetorical tack that has taken shape over the last few decades. what some refer to as gaslighting is more so a scenario in which someone says something where the validity of an idea is dependent on two statements that are completely opposed by reality. in a sense it's a pragmatic use of the liar's paradox. in the statement contains a requirement of denying pragmatic and empirical data to evaluate, and whence done unseats the observer from their sense of stable truth.

it's brilliant, but i wish I could assume it's intentional. often feels way more just an accidental showing of how disparate the notion of verifiable truth is from the meaning of words, or held belief within a fair portion of the population of this country.

yeah, I didn't get banned, yes i've been lurking but gooooood lord.

Edited by the.crooked
  • Truth 2
  • Props 3

5 minutes ago, the.crooked said:

this is a fascinating rhetorical tack that has taken shape over the last few decades. what some refer to as gaslighting is more so a scenario in which someone says something where the validity of an idea is dependent on two statements that are completely opposed by reality. in a sense it's a pragmatic use of the liar's paradox. in the statement contains a requirement of denying pragmatic and empirical data to evaluate, and whence done unseats the observer from their sense of stable truth.

it's brilliant, but i wish I could assume it's intentional. often feels way more just an accidental showing of how disparate the notion of verifiable truth is from the meaning of words, or held belief within a fair portion of the population of this country.

yeah, I didn't get banned, yes i've been lurking but gooooood lord.

long winded way to get your buzzword in but alright 

one doesn’t invalidate the other. i wasn’t saying to that justify anything going on in the states right now, was more to explain why I don’t have the kind of knee jerk reaction you’ve just displayed whenever someone brings up conservatives and that maybe the fact that I’m from Canada could have something to do with that. 

• Props 1

This is beautiful. It looked like a sports riot sort of, there were even people with face paint and mascot hats like it was college football or some shit. I can't believe only one of them got popped. I think they're literally too stupid to understand why one of them did get popped, thinking this shit is a game, lol. I saw Twisted T cans in the plate carrier larp'n action. A great start to 2021. 

• Props 1
  • LOL! 4

31 minutes ago, Kults said:

long winded way to get your buzzword in but alright 

one doesn’t invalidate the other. i wasn’t saying to that justify anything going on in the states right now, was more to explain why I don’t have the kind of knee jerk reaction you’ve just displayed whenever someone brings up conservatives and that maybe the fact that I’m from Canada could have something to do with that. 

The commentary here in no way supports what you said.

Since you are Canadian, are you making a distinction between your perception of conservatism vs the recognized usage of the term regarding US politics?

And I used a buzzword to show that there's actually more to it than just bandying it about.

Longwinded vs saying "this makes no fucking sense and you're incapable of critical self reflection before you speak so I'm going to give a charitable read here?"

Which would you prefer?

Edited by the.crooked
  • Nega Props 1

I'd also suggest looking into "mutual exclusivity."

And yes, saying that the conservative party in the US is "more left than democrats" on the issues you listed when the demonstrable history shows to the contrary is in fact a case of mutual exclusivity and thus renders one invalid in light of the other.

Humanity has progressed to this point because we have chosen to agree on a shared semantic value to the weird squiggles we read or hear. When you start fucking with that, you make it impossible to have any amount of appreciable conversation or civil argumentation.

Edited by the.crooked

1 minute ago, the.crooked said:

Since you are Canadian, are you making a distinction between your perception of conservatism vs the recognized usage of the term regarding US politics?

Yes. That is what I was trying to explain and why it has influenced how I feel about it in a broader sense. Cant remember if its in this thread or the other but I'd said I didn't condone any of the violence from today. You jumped in and assumed I did

Just now, the.crooked said:

I assumed that you referenced two concepts that didn't make any sense when joined together.

Not in regards to what is happening with some US conservatives now, no. In the sense that it has influenced my own personal perception of some of the shared values with US conservatives in the broader sense, yes.