The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

I went to a reunion a year out of high school that was across all grades. Nothing formally organized through the school. Just show up and party over a weekend or so. It was pretty awesome. I have skipped every one since and have no interest in going to any in the future.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Fist 666I skipped my 10 year cuz of where I was at in life. I didn't need the judgement. I'm sure I could have gone and just made up a bunch of socially acceptable shit of what I had going on, but I just didnt even have the time or energy for all of that. Indeed a decade can do incredible shit.

• Like 2

That being said, I have made some serious efforts over the last year to reach out and get in touch with a lot of my really close friends from high school. I ditched social media for about 5 years and totally lost contact with them all.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@Fist 666I skipped my 10 year cuz of where I was at in life. I didn't need the judgement. I'm sure I could have gone and just made up a bunch of socially acceptable shit of what I had going on, but I just didnt even have the time or energy for all of that. Indeed a decade can do incredible shit.

You’re the guy that invented Post-tit’s.

3CAE4C48-682D-49C3-87D8-D2BFF1ACDAF2.jpeg

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

That being said, I have made some serious efforts over the last year to reach out and get in touch with a lot of my really close friends from high school. I ditched social media for about 5 years and totally lost contact with them all.

Yeah I did the same thing and  went for a year with no phone. 

Makes you realize how much time you waste on handheld devices.

But some things are worth the time lost like 12oz 🙂

I’m pretty neutral and generally indifferent about the whole high school reunion thing but that was after I realized I missed the 10 year and before I found out no one organized a 20. Actually took to fb which I never go on to ask about it specifically and discovered it just never happened. I liked a bunch of really different crowds and could have definitely seen myself chillin happily mingling at the 20 joint but I was in no good place for the 10 year. 

Yo @Fist 666definetly routing for that 3sum. Another topic for discussion down the line but I can only hope the next good one I find is open to shit like that like my current fucked up situation was years back(irrelevant now just living together separated but she was always cool about that stuff) hard to find gem but I’m all set with 80% of the rest of her. 

• Like 1

Ah shit fuck it down the line is now lol. It’s 2024 which married folk/ long term lock down fools in here consensually swingin outside of pure monotony? Lady friend I’ve been rapping with on occasion has been de-briefed I don’t think one penis and one vagina are meant for each other till the day you die lolol. Also not saying I can’t do monogamy but I sincerely don’t believe in it for like ever. That shit is wild to me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cancelculttourist said:

Yeah I did the same thing and  went for a year with no phone. 

Makes you realize how much time you waste on handheld devices.

But some things are worth the time lost like 12oz 🙂

no phone for a year?!

that’s vast 

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Ah shit fuck it down the line is now lol. It’s 2024 which married folk/ long term lock down fools in here consensually swingin outside of pure monotony? Lady friend I’ve been rapping with on occasion has been de-briefed I don’t think one penis and one vagina are meant for each other till the day you die lolol. Also not saying I can’t do monogamy but I sincerely don’t believe in it for like ever. That shit is wild to me. 

There's a lot more out there than swinging/couple swapping in the world of ethical nonmonogamy (usually called consensual nonmonogamy)(ENM / CNM).

The paradigm shift away from monogamy is happening in a big way right now, and it's not just fat purple haired people (though a lot of them are exactly that). If monogamy isn't for you, don't be trapped, there are plenty of books and podcasts about the subject. There are dating apps just for it. But, you've absolutely got to have done work or be doing work with a therapist and have solid A+ level communication skills to successfully live it. 

And that's all I have to say/admit to 12oz about that. 😉

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

I attended my 20 yr. I was at my fattest I’ve ever been. Incredibly tapped out with funds. Loved my fucking pills. Had an unexpectedly fantastic night. After party and all. I wasn’t popular but I was kinda adored by many and by different groups of people I guess you could say. Spent the evening with some very genuine people and made new ish friends. 

quick story. When I got pregnant it was by way of a 1 night stand by someone who lived in Los Angeles (I lived in Vegas). When I told a friend of mine she Informed me that he had also slept with “girl who shared mutual dislike for me  as I did her ” around those same days that I did. She knew I became pregnant and had his kid. We were still in HS and he played basketball so he was In town for tournaments. 

At the reunion we got to know eachother and she is a beautiful person. We took a selfie and sent it to him. 

• Like 3
  • Props 2

Im too caveman to be able to share mine. Im also hella ethical so i wouldnt want to do her like that if she is loyal to me.

I guess it comes from being raised by grams born 1919 and 12 years of Catholic School. 

Now the homie Vince McMahon on some whole other shit.

https://turnto10.com/news/entertainment/wwe-founder-vince-mcmahon-defecated-on-former-employee-during-a-threesome-lawsuit-sexual-abuse-accusations-assault-allegations-sex-toys-underwear-wrestlers-professional-wrestling-janel-grant

• Truth 1

On 1/24/2024 at 1:29 PM, Fist 666 said:

I went to my 10 year. I was at rock bottom, post divorce,  unemployed, burning through savings and drinking daily, most of the day. I was hoping I could get some "I had a crush on you in highschool" pussy but I left early feeling worse about myself than before. 

It's wild what a decade can do...

went to a 30 year reunion last year.

was disappointing to see I was  not

A) as successful as the most successful guys

B) very popular even after such a long amount

C) not very fucking youthful either

D) still as fucking awkward as I used to be (even with half a bag up my nose)

was not worth the effort of going.

• Like 5

30 year would be coming up soon for me although not technically as I was asked to leave before graduation.

I am sure that Schnitzels A through C would line up but I would probably swap out D for not being able to remember a good chunk of people and add in a healthy sense of melancholy for line item E.

I have been in a monogamous relationship for about fifteen years, it work for us. 

I can dig and appreciate other lifestyles and modules but do not think there is any one right answer for everyone. My intuition tells me that opening things up would have some big payoffs but also be a risky area to be navigated with thoughtfulness, caution and communication, which frankly sounds like a lot of work.

• Like 1
  • Truth 4

Have we talked about home and auto insurance here yet? I'm ready to kick allstate right in their greedy shriveled nutsack. 

I have a commercial policy for my work vehicle through another company.  Its a million dollar policy and it cost about $185 a month. I talked to my local Allstate office and they said they could get me into the same size policy for only... $295 a month. Bros. I already have home and another auto policy through them. What kind of wack ass bundle deal is that? Got me wanting to drop them all together like the bitch ass haters they are.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

On 1/27/2024 at 5:53 AM, morton said:

I have been in a monogamous relationship for about fifteen years, it work for us. 

I can dig and appreciate other lifestyles and modules but do not think there is any one right answer for everyone. My intuition tells me that opening things up would have some big payoffs but also be a risky area to be navigated with thoughtfulness, caution and communication, which frankly sounds like a lot of work.

I wouldn't try to convert anyone towards nonmonogamy--that's a path one finds for themselves, imo. 

It is so much work, learning to communicate accurately the oft uncomfortable feelings that come up in the experience. Jealousy, feelings of inadequacy, loneliness, self esteem related stuff, etc are guarantees, but in my experience, the positives vastly outweigh the negatives and my marriage is definitively stronger because the increase in communication both in volume and quality.

I would actively attempt to dissuade anyone not active in therapy in a pursuit of  ENM/CNM.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

18 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Have we talked about home and auto insurance here yet? I'm ready to kick allstate right in their greedy shriveled nutsack. 

I have a commercial policy for my work vehicle through another company.  Its a million dollar policy and it cost about $185 a month. I talked to my local Allstate office and they said they could get me into the same size policy for only... $295 a month. Bros. I already have home and another auto policy through them. What kind of wack ass bundle deal is that? Got me wanting to drop them all together like the bitch ass haters they are.

Bro. It’s ALL a fucking literal comedy show. I think i got got with my business insurance though which was via ig suggested ads. Ultimately landed at some weird 3rd party maybe 5th provider who I’m pretty sure just took money and never answered the phone ever. Side tracking but starting to see a trend with that in general from instagram. Like these companies are able to start up a bunch of what looks cool to consumers while being total fraudulent hacks. Got some of those “brunt” work boots last summer from a supported ad and finally broke them out recently. Instant wet feet soaked but they’re supposed to be waterproof at $160.00. Not a single email or call response. The homie says something about there’s no regulation for responsibility on the platforms anymore?? 

• Truth 1

Bro. It’s ALL a fucking literal comedy show. I think i got got with my business insurance though which was via ig suggested ads. Ultimately landed at some weird 3rd party maybe 5th provider who I’m pretty sure just took money and never answered the phone ever. Side tracking but starting to see a trend with that in general from instagram. Like these companies are able to start up a bunch of what looks cool to consumers while being total fraudulent hacks. Got some of those “brunt” work boots last summer from a supported ad and finally broke them out recently. Instant wet feet soaked but they’re supposed to be waterproof at $160.00. Not a single email or call response. The homie says something about there’s no regulation for responsibility on the platforms anymore?? 

Isn’t that the drop shipping get rich scam? Flashy social media advertising and marketing making exaggerated quality claims to sell through the stock at an “amazing discount” and then disappear with the loot.

• Truth 2

Sounds like a better version of the not so good descriptive take away I got from the homie yes lolol. Essentially a bunch of fucking flashy hacks getting rich off suckers like me (giant facepalm) I’m so pissed about these boots and that horseshit insurance. Both came to me via ig. 

I got a knife for Christmas that is supposed to be on that same level of “scam”. I saw YouTube vids about it being a supposed scam before I received the gift. Advertised as the best kitchen knife out of Japan with really neat packaging and brand story, but in reality it is a mass produced knife out of Pakistan or something. It’s the thought that counts on that present. I need to bust that out and give it a try.

For the record, I am a huge fan of Victorinox (Swiss Army brand) and Dexter Russell for all kitchen and filleting purposes.

I have been rocking CAT boots my last few cycles. Thought they would be pieces of shit, but they have actually held up well and are reasonably priced. I believe they are made by Wolverine (Wolverines I have had were good too). Of course they discontinued their most bad ass model….:idiots.

I got some redwing boots for a welding.job I thought I was going to get that I never got, but then got a different one Soo it wasn't a waste.

Need to send them back for replacement where the toe has warn down on the inside great for work and walking the yard in comfort.

Plus they offer lifetime warranty Soo I would definitely buy again.

• Like 1

That's gross dude. I was contemplating getting an American Giant hoodie off an Instagram ad. I was back and forth on that shit cuz they are like $140 or so. Luckily I checked in on the comments and they were all like "don't buy this over priced bullshit." I can't fuck with anything off the gram anymore. Bunch of flagrant scam ass mother fuckers.

• Truth 2

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

That's gross dude. I was contemplating getting an American Giant hoodie off an Instagram ad. I was back and forth on that shit cuz they are like $140 or so. Luckily I checked in on the comments and they were all like "don't buy this over priced bullshit." I can't fuck with anything off the gram anymore. Bunch of flagrant scam ass mother fuckers.

$140 hoodie? Never that….

• Truth 1