The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
7 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

I think everyone here so far has summed everything up as far as stereotypes and computer stuff.. factory reset the mac for double measure and you should be good but as far as the stereotype shit I get it dude.. I live on the south side of chicago so I'm always on the look out BUT, I have come across some decent people even though they aren't decent themselves which I can see doesnt make much sense.. but overall I think it's just kind of a sixth sense type thing.. like you know your stomach gets some type of way when you're in a bad predicament you know.. I get it when I know I'm somewhere I'm not suppose to be or around the wrong type of people and listening to that feeling has saved my life a couple times AND my wallet more so.. if it looks and smells like bullshit, most likely is..

But Idk dude.. dont trip tater chip I'm sure the nano bots are out of your system by now with all of your DNA heading to Nigeria now.. kidding.. but tbh with all the technology around especially considering most of us now are all on smartphones if it's not these shifty Nigerians or indian call centers getting your info it's definitely big brother so were all kinda somewhat half fucked already...

Also I have a chromecast and a Google home my girl got.. chromecast is cool if you're just streaming shit from your phone to your tv.. google home is cool I guess I just keep asking it how to curse in Japanese so I can talk shit to my friends.. I doubt anyone is listening to me or my conversations and if they are they're probably bored as shit or wondering why I keep asking google how to say "suck my dick you ugly whore" in Japanese.. typically keep it on mute tho which is like 75% of the time though..

Word up. Thanks mon, I’m feeling much better about the situation as a whole lol. All my south side knowledge comes from a little known showtime series called “shameless......” Are you from out there or just gentrifying and shit?? J/k. Never heard anyone talk on having a chrome cast or google home. Idk man I’m all set with anything that sits around the crib just waiting for me to talk to it. 

On 5/7/2020 at 8:00 AM, KILZ FILLZ said:

phones are just so damn powerful! And now with having apps on TV for streaming, the laptop just doesn’t serve much purpose for me. still think I might cop a Lenovo or something at some point but even then would it make more sense for me to just get a tablet and a Bluetooth keyboard for half the price??

i think I’m too damn attached to the 15 yrs worth of stickers on the thing and that’s playing a part in me dragging my feet

Just buy a newer used macbook IMO.  I absolutely HATE using my phone for doing anything much more than calls and texts.....  The difference in experience using a phone to "do things" online vs. using a computer that isn't shitty is like night and day different.  I think a ton of people are settling for mediocre and calling it "fast" because it's faster than what they had in the late 90s/early 2000s on a desktop/laptop computer.

I like Lenovo... but really if I had to buy another computer tomorrow for work/play/portability I would get another macbook air.  The one I'm using right now is a mid-2013 MBAir.  Fuckin works great.  I use it for everything except gaming.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 8:10 AM, KILZ FILLZ said:

I’m curious if anyone can assist with deciding between

1) amazon fire stick 

2) google chromecast

3) roku stick

looks like amazon only come w Alexa spying device, not hyped on that. 

chromecast makes you use a google portal on your phone so I’m sceptical whether I will be able to have multiple logins for multiple services (using other people login)

roku?????

I think all of those devices suck and I wrestled with the same choices before I ended up getting an AppleTV.  I know this makes me sound like I'm being a fan boy but it blows those cheaper options out of the water.  I've gotten to where I don't really trust Amazon or Google that much with my data.  Many of those newer devices have microphones on them for voice commands too (I'm not suggesting appletv doesn't).... if the company behind the device is less than moral with their practices they could easily be scraping data, sound bits, etc from your in home device..... and this is where one of the big differences that matters to me comes in.  Apple has notoriously been tight lipped with ANYONE attempting to get their customer's data.  This includes the FBI and such trying to look at the iphone owned by criminals.  It's a double edged sword, it sucks because they don't (that we know of) have a way to let law enforcement inside of encrypted devices, but at the same time, I know I can trust them to treat me the same way.

If I had to pick from one of those things I'd probably get the roku..... but still like I said, they're not that impressive IMO.  The hardware is very basic/simple/slow/not that great inside those things.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 4:47 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

How does one know if the factory reset which it seemed to already have was legit lol? I definitely went through the motions of all the normal set up shit. my paranoia didn't go away. Anyways, do you have a preferred browser over say safari or google chrome?

Follow this and you won't have to worry:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Apple products are very solid and not easy to bug with malware.  If you follow the procedure to restore your OS from Apple then you needn't worry about what the shop you purchased from did with the computer (if anything).

25 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Just buy a newer used macbook IMO.  I absolutely HATE using my phone for doing anything much more than calls and texts.....  The difference in experience using a phone to "do things" online vs. using a computer that isn't shitty is like night and day different.  I think a ton of people are settling for mediocre and calling it "fast" because it's faster than what they had in the late 90s/early 2000s on a desktop/laptop computer.

I like Lenovo... but really if I had to buy another computer tomorrow for work/play/portability I would get another macbook air.  The one I'm using right now is a mid-2013 MBAir.  Fuckin works great.  I use it for everything except gaming.

So my MacBook Pro is an 08, I think, would Linux Ubuntu be an option you’d throw out there to extend its life? All I use the thing for at this point is banking and taxes. 

my OS is so old I’m not receiving Chrome updates anymore lol. 

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

So my MacBook Pro is an 08, I think, would Linux Ubuntu be an option you’d throw out there to extend its life? All I use the thing for at this point is banking and taxes. 

my OS is so old I’m not receiving Chrome updates anymore lol. 

I do not know how to install linux on a macbook, never tried..... but, I will say that if you can get ubuntu to work on that hardware you would likely be pleased with it's performance.  ubuntu is a solid OS that I use all the time.  Ubuntu and Centos.  You can count on it being supported for a long time and receiving updates/bug fixes.

So yes do it if you know how or can figure out how.... it is likely worth it.  That is the one downside to Apple is that you have to remain somewhat up to date because they stop supporting the hardware with software updates after it ages to a certain point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I was watching some YouTube vids on it last night. GUI looks like an android phone, got an app drawer and everything. 

I considered abandoning the iPhone for one of these. Still unsure how exactly they were able to make "bendable glass?"

As far as I'm concerned this is the only cool thing the droid has ever done with a phone outside of that crazy ass tablet phone that came out a year or 2 ago. 

image.thumb.png.870e827b629a3b8fd3174842b093e50d.png

9 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I have a jail broken fire stick from years ago. It worked good for a while and was using it with kody. That shit stopped working years ago. How are you running your fire stick to get anything?

YUCK MAN. Yo, kodi was the kang for a while but it's all about "cinema" now. My cousin is more tech savvy than I am and he did the install while I shot the shit and drank beers. It takes up a good amount of space (that is why I now want the fire tv or whatever box they have out) but it does seem worth the hassle. Sometimes the shit just doesn't work just like kodi but it seems a lot more user friendly.  They are a pain in the ass with all the frustration and cache dumping but they do work. It's ALWAYS when you really wanna watch some shit too. CATMOUSE FOR TV & CINEMA FOR MOVIES. The links below are where my cousin hooked my shit up from. Kind of ironic how shitty and sketchy those sites look when the very premise of this thread was ALSO sketchy computer nerd type stuff. The internet always wins. 

image.png.cbc8d558fdca186fa5ec5db2e7e3ff50.png

https://troypoint.com/catmouse-apk/

image.png.b4833c93c0cc02d33600fd67cae5639c.png

https://troypoint.com/cinema-apk/

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

@KILZ FILLZyo thats ella commendable of you, sir. but. bruh do you have a designated cat shit room because you do realize how fucking messy those little fuckers are right? its bad enough with ONE. my old lady's cat is the shit. but that motherfucker has a place to do business in our laundry room/pantry. which some may consider gross but I find perfect. anyways, she has double cat paw carpets leading all the way out of the fucking room and SHE STILL MANAGES to track her fucking cat litter into every section of the house with ease! its the only real complaint I have. but I can't imagine TWO. fuckin a!

@NightmareOnElmStreetthis is the first time I’ve had a cat but my lady had them all growing up. She went with Scooter for the other kitten. the one she got to name is extremely outgoing and the one I got to name is extremely shy and spooked. 

we got a 2 bed/2 bath apt and have them in the small bedroom right now with all their shit, but the idea is to eventually have their litter box and food in the small bathroom

they are from separate litters in Tijuana and didnt know each other before yesterday. Adopted through a group named Whiskers Without Borders 

I’ve mentioned this with a fellow oontzer recently but I just want a lil more male input. I’ve learned in the recent past that the first time a certain guy and I had relations was actually HIS first time ever. This was round about a decade or so ago. We’re still very much In touch but when it comes up I feel like such a fuckin creep.  And it’s not the first time it’s happened to me. Like I feel Like a creep. Both times I found out a long while after. How do you guys live with yourself?!?!? Hahaha. Just goin in aimin to be the first. I feel like a real pos finding out later haha. 

• Props 1

2 minutes ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I’ve mentioned this with a fellow oontzer recently but I just want a lil more male input. I’ve learned in the recent past that the first time a certain guy and I had relations was actually HIS first time ever. This was round about a decade or so ago. We’re still very much In touch but when it comes up I feel like such a fuckin creep.  And it’s not the first time it’s happened to me. Like I feel Like a creep. Both times I found out a long while after. How do you guys live with yourself?!?!? Hahaha. Just goin in aimin to be the first. I feel like a real pos finding out later haha. 

how did the guy feel, tho? Was he ok with it?

it's not your fault you out here pulling v cards

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SMdoubleXL said:

There was NO WAY I could tell  

exactly!

And i dont mean to make a mountain out of a mole hill...but there is a symbolic weight to the value of virginity. Virgin girls are "prized" and virgin guys are "chivalrous". Virginity is held on top of a high pedestal.

So feeling guilty after taking someone's virginity is not surprising. Girls who lose their virginity "lose value" while guys who lose their virginity  "are now men". 

I don't understand this value system placed on virginity as if that was the be all and end all of someone's worth.

Don't feel bad about it, even though the guilt is warranted....People who shame others about that kind of thing are fucking weirdos anyway.

You're good, @SMdoubleXL 

• Like 1